PDA

View Full Version : One for Peugeot lovers!

Amante_271
06-05-06, 07:41 AM
Due to swapping from dial up to broadband (it took over 2weeks to get the modem from AOL!) Ive been off line and couldnt tell my story!

I was going to Melksham 3 weeks ago, tomorrow, (6.30pm) to pick up a girlfriend of mine. While aproaching the pedestrian crossing on Bath bridge (next to the Avon Factory) I noticed a couple dithering as to wheather or not to cross the road. At the last second they started to cross. I braked hard (tho not enough to set off the ABS) in my 406 and stopped - the dash board and my nose are now good mates!

The couple put their hand up to say thanks. I smiled and was cattipulted 8feet up the road as a 05 reg Ford Ka hit me up the arse! The back of my 406 was scuffed and bruised but the Ford was a REAL mess! His bonnet was pushed up 2 foot plus, bumper side wing thingys were sticking out at 45 degrees and his Ka was pissing out all of its major bodily fluids!! Lights etc were gone and at a guess from what we saw (later confirmed by the insurance assessor) the engine mounts were shifted 3-6inches!! The scarey thing was no air bags were set off!!!

The driver admitted FULL responsibility!! (Yippee! My insurance company DONT need to know!!) After exchanging details etc he asked if I was in the RAC as he'd forgotten his card and altho we were both a little shaken he seemed to take control despite it being his first accident! I'm not with the RAC so he decided to call his x-work mates..... at Melksham Police Station!!! Oops! (this gem of info usually makes people snigger...ALOT!!

The insurance company STILL have my 406 in the work shop as the back end needs to be re-jigged and pulled out as wellas new parts, respray etc. but the repair bill last time I heard was £2500 on my 406. His Ford Ka has gone to the scrappy in the sky!!! Total right off!!

Score sheet 406-1 Ford Ka-0

Ps! Got to upgrade my hire car from a Corsa to a FORD Mondeo Turbo Diesel! Bastards will ALWAYS get you in the end!

Modified for typo!

Dabz
06-05-06, 09:31 AM
good to hear you're alright...and that the 406 won :P

"to pick up a girlfriend on mine"...how many have you got lol?

zebedee1984
06-05-06, 01:59 PM
I was going to say the same as Dabs, sounds like we have a Casanova!

glad you'er alright though!

Amante_271
07-05-06, 07:13 AM
Trust you lot to pick up on THAT!!! :)

We are JUST good mates! ;) HONEST!!! ::) But we did have... er... a close relationship for a while shall we say!! And Yes my wife knows.... she was there! But we are all JUST good mates now and shes going to be God-mother to our daughter!

zebedee1984
07-05-06, 10:34 AM
a feel like a complete bitch now, how cool is that!?

Amante_271
09-05-06, 09:41 AM
I got my 406 back from Chippenham Accident Repair Center last night and I have to say they have done an excellent job!! £2078.35 was the final bill! The car hire bill was £487 (+ odds and sods) :o

I Wouldnt like to see the other guys insurance premium next year!!!

Will be taking it easy today as picking up the girlfriend again later!! ;) :-* ;)