PDA

View Full Version : WB 1st rally ?

blurbiker247
29-04-06, 08:31 PM
Does anyone fancy doing a rally? this is thinking out loud now...............get to the site around 11am put up the tents and form the community, fire up the barbee for some lunch, out for a short blast, to a local pub, maybe, back to the site big fire big barbee and no worries about how much you drink, sort out the world problems and sing gangooli.......what do everyone think.

BB
29-04-06, 08:33 PM
Not doing too badly until you got to the bit about singing gangooli... would have to be seriously p*ssed for that bit...lol

blurbiker247
29-04-06, 08:36 PM
and your point is???

BB
29-04-06, 08:43 PM
I don't sing

zebedee1984
29-04-06, 08:45 PM
hows about Savernake, we could rent a large space shove a load of tents up and not have to worry about geting pissed then.

this way we can go for a ride both days.

plus minimal cost to everyone.

zebedee1984
29-04-06, 08:47 PM
wow I didn't realise it covers the swear words for you on this site, I've been entering in the stars myself, but it does it for you.

WOW! modern technology.

How did I ever find my way out of the womb?!

blurbiker247
29-04-06, 08:50 PM
No problem, you just need to drink more :P

I'm seriuos about this, I know of a good site, I know the owner well and have spoken to him about it, he's happy to accomadate us, ( Just hope he does'nt stumble over the site and find out you are all barkin mad) and set aside a whole paddock, with a huge f*#K off barbee and allow us to have a fire, come on it would be great

blurbiker247
29-04-06, 09:03 PM
hows about Savernake, we could rent a large space shove a load of tents up and not have to worry about geting pissed then.

The site I can get has proper bogs and showers, we can have a fire, you can't in savanake, (well you can but they don't half get pissed off with yer) its got a covered barbee area just in case it pisses down, and its far enough away from other campers (hidi hi ) not to disturd anyone should the likes of BB get out of hand ;).

BB
29-04-06, 09:06 PM
Me? Out of hand? As if? I really don't know where you get these ideas from! ;)

blurbiker247
29-04-06, 09:11 PM
Who was it that said you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time :)
you don't fool me BB

PS went to the doc's to-day, I said doc I keep thinking I'm a tent, a bell tent,...and a ridge tent, he said "your two tents" ;D

SkyJawa
29-04-06, 09:30 PM
I think thats a really good idea mate :)

zebedee1984
29-04-06, 11:14 PM

The site I can get has proper bogs and showers, we can have a fire, you can't in savanake, (well you can but they don't half get pissed off with yer) its got a covered barbee area just in case it pisses down, and its far enough away from other campers (hidi hi ) not to disturd anyone should the likes of BB get out of hand ;).

I agree with you, fires are great (I'm not an arsonist, although I work in the theatre and they are renowned!) and if it's someone you know it always makes it easier. where si this place?

onfire23
29-04-06, 11:49 PM
All come around my place sure misses would be happy :-(

blurbiker247
01-05-06, 09:32 PM
So what do you all think? The site is in Calne, The owner is a personal friend, and really likes bikers, it has shower blocks/toilets we can have a fire and music , (unless BB decides ahe can sing after all) and BBQ. if all who are interested would let me know I would then be able to get some prices, it's between £7-10 a night, less the more that book, I'm also thinking it may be good to say it cost X per person and include some grub for the BBQ, at the moment there are a few dates in June/July free but these will be booked pretty quick so if enough are interested i'll get more details.

Please also post if you think its a bad idea, its just an idea and i'd like to know how all you guys feel about, especial D Management.

b_1_rd
01-05-06, 10:00 PM
Deffinate maybe :-/ from me. Work pending. If you don't mind kids then I may even bring the family too, but that would mean a car too! Only a maybe just now though.

BB
01-05-06, 10:21 PM
(unless BB decides she can sing after all) .

Nope, I'll spare you my singing! Have you any idea how long it is since I have rallied & camped? Good job I still have the kit up in the loft!

Two things spring to mind...you haven't mentioned a bar and what about breakfast? You can see where my priorities lie can't you! lol

I'll have to wait until you post dates for this as I do have a lot of weekend commitments during the summer.

BB

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 04:05 AM
Certianly no objection to kids, personnaly I think it would be good for everyone, and it seems to me that this is what this Forum is all about. everyone is welcome and and made to feel part of it, and all thanks to D management.

I'll post lots more info and some dates later to-day, off to work now.

b_1_rd
02-05-06, 04:50 AM
OK, thanks for that. Pleased someone else works at this un-godly hour too!

Steev
02-05-06, 09:17 AM
I think this sounds like an excellent idea. Keep me posted on dates, obviously the longer I have the more chance that I will be able to make it (convincing moaning and begging) the girl freind.

RVFBabe
02-05-06, 09:59 AM
sound like fun :)

zebedee1984
02-05-06, 12:08 PM
Certianly no objection to kids, personnaly I think it would be good for everyone, and it seems to me that this is what this Forum is all about. everyone is welcome and and made to feel part of it, and all thanks to D management.

I'll post lots more info and some dates later to-day, off to work now.

Definately a site for everyone and I'm glad about it too, I'm trying to get my girlfriend to ride pillion and at the moment she isn't keen, but I think an event like this rally, will turn her around as she will be able to speak to people with loads of different views, riding abilities etc that will build her confidence in bikes in general.

I'll be watching this thread with a huge interest.

Jeff
02-05-06, 12:54 PM
I'd also be interested, depending on the dates.....

BB
02-05-06, 02:54 PM
Zebedee

And you think we will help her do this? lol

BB

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 03:21 PM
Zebedee

BB
shhhhhhhhhh she has'nt met us yet, and may not have been on the site so won't really know what a bunch of nutters you all are ;)

zebedee1984
02-05-06, 03:29 PM
she hasn't and doesn't yet (been on the site yet) I am steadily raising her interest in the bike, but I think you guys could go some way to helping get her on the bike with this rally.

I mentioned it to her in the car about 15 minutes ago (the Rally) and she asn't put off by the idea, she did say, could she take the car, so I said no problem as long as I still take the bike.

You guys wouldn't have a problem with her bringing a car along (could provide shelter if needed)!

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 03:42 PM
No problem with any of that, I would need to bring my tin can to get some of the "Stuff" down there, I'v got a mother of a BBQ I intend to bring, and as some are asking about Rug Rats, I would like to bring mine, along with my Daugthers little quad, my sons little 100cc yami and my ever so gentle Rd legal 125 ( I only use it for off Rd ) so any one who wants a go can, you never know you may be able to get her riding it round, she'd be hooked on bikes and you'd have to stay home every other meet to have the dinner ready for when she gets back ;D

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 06:11 PM
OK here we go, I hope you are sitting comfortably-:

Dates Available.
July Fri 7th 8th 9th

Aug Fri 11/ 12/13
Aug Fri 18/19/20
Sept " 15/16/17
Sept Sat 31 Oct 1st

Cost

This is not simple, so I've given 3 examples. (More details if required)

Example One

1 adult in 1 tent, 1st night 11.99 2nd night 11.07 3rd night 9.23 Total £32.29

Example Two

2 adults in 1 tent, 1st night 16.95 2nd night 15.64 3rd night 13.04 Total £45.63

Example 3

2 adults 2 rug rats (under 16) 1st night 21.37 2nd night 19.31 3rd night 16.44 Total £57.12

All above include suppliments and vat.

Now just to throw you all into complete confusion-:
If we book as a rally of between 10-15 unit (Tents) The price is £12.00 per unit per night regardless of how many people you have in each unit, ( I'm going to leave you lot to work out all the ramifications of that! :o :-? ;) :) :P.
So, booked as a rally of 10-15 units for a 3 night stay we would pay £42.30 per tent, (before some smart ass even goes there the tent cannot be more than 3.75 metres in length)

Ok that will have to do for page one, please see next post.

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 06:46 PM
So, arrive Friday and pitch up, big BBQ, small Libation :P, camp fire, bikers stories ( thats like fishermans stories with-out the fish ;D)
Sat morning, coffee, headache tabs and breakfast, ride out to pub for lunch nice ride some where, back to site for BBQ some sing along a Max and some beer, wine or what ever you want.
Sunday coffee, headache tabs and breakfast, nice ride to good pub for sunday lunch another nice little blast and back to the site .....................or what ever anyone would like to do, all suggestions would be more than welcome.

If anyone is stuck for a tent I have 2 2man oops person tents spare, ( any blonde females between 19 and 40 can share with me ::) )

How does veryone feel about all chippin in and one person buying the food??

It would be a great help if we could start a list to see if this is going to be a starter or not.

cheers, Chris

S2_Neo
02-05-06, 07:24 PM
Wow, Sounds great.......ummm Dates are not a problem to me :). Will let you know on how many peeps I'll Bring at a later date!

1.Me :P (R6 Neo)

P

zebedee1984
02-05-06, 07:55 PM
I will check the dates, but first look seems absolutely fine.

I like the idea of one person buying the food.

so you can count me and my lady in.

1. R6NEO
2. zebedee1984 (& Lucy)

BB
02-05-06, 08:55 PM
Zebedee

BB
shhhhhhhhhh she has'nt met us yet, and may not have been on the site so won't really know what a bunch of nutters you all are ;)

You made a mistake in that last sentence - you put 'nutters you all are' I think it should read 'nutters we all are'

BB

ps, I'll check my diary!

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 09:25 PM
Well thanks BB thats the nice'st thing yu'v said to me :)

BB
02-05-06, 09:32 PM
Well thanks BB thats the nice'st thing yu'v said to me :)

Don't get excited - it was accidental! ;D

Well 2 out of 5 dates are ok for me, although I may be able to drop over & join rideouts on other dates.

BB

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 09:39 PM
Good well done mate, let us know which dates are good so that we can accomadate if poss.

Also, if this is really going to happen, who would like to step forward to plan the rides, and do we have anyone in the food game, that could advice, I can have access to a fridge and possibly a freezer.

BB
02-05-06, 09:44 PM
Does the light go out when you shut the door? ;D

blurbiker247
02-05-06, 09:47 PM
I don't know :-? i'll open the door and av a look............................dow :-/

blurbiker247
04-05-06, 06:08 PM
Come on you guys someone start a list,or don't that many fancy it :'(

BB
04-05-06, 06:39 PM
Don't cry Blue, we all love like you really!

I'm ok for;

Aug 11/12/13
Sept 15/16/17

BB

S2_Neo
04-05-06, 07:13 PM
Lol, Me and Zeb already have.......Look back a page Blue.

P

zebedee1984
04-05-06, 08:17 PM
I can do the ones in September onwards September 15/16/17

bloody work keeps getting in the way.

The date above is assuming I'm not in the military by then as I'm going through selection at the moment.

R1chie
04-05-06, 08:19 PM
The date above is assuming I'm not in the military by then as I'm going through selection at the moment.

:o

yikes

BB
04-05-06, 08:41 PM
I dunno, one trying to get out another trying to get in...

Mac
04-05-06, 08:54 PM
Count me. Love camping and have a fair bit of experience in firelight/cooking etc...
Amazing what white spirit can do eh...
Dates for me that look ok are Sept at the mo...pretty busy on the others esp in August.
Keep us updated.

Dabz
04-05-06, 09:12 PM
mac is good with outdoorsy stuff hehe

sept sounds ok, will have to confirm nearer the time though

blurbiker247
04-05-06, 10:43 PM
:) Thats better ;D i'll go through it all in the morning and see what we got.

zebedee1984
04-05-06, 10:56 PM

:o

yikes

Well I joined the Marines when I left shool and stupidly left because of a woman just after I completed my training (and it cost some dosh too), but there hasn't been a day gone by that I don't think of going back, so I took the decision to finally go back and I can't wait.
I know Ninja Richie is on his way out, but he's done his share of years, I never gave myself the chance.

So wish me luck, I've done it before, but I'm still nervous as hell, got my physical on the 29th May - 2nd June.

R1chie
04-05-06, 11:10 PM
best of luck to you mate

are you going back into the booties?

blurbiker247
05-05-06, 09:11 AM
Good moring everyone, I'll be posting more re the camping rally later to-day, thanks for the feed back.

zebedee1984
05-05-06, 09:40 AM
best of luck to you mate

are you going back into the booties?

Cheers mate.
I'm joining the Rock Apes, it's all to do with the promotional prospects in the RAF.

But I'd like to go in 2 squadron (para-trained).

I'd better get in though first ay!

BB
05-05-06, 06:05 PM
'Well I joined the Marines when I left school and stupidly left because of a woman'

Idiot!!

BB

b_1_rd
05-05-06, 07:50 PM
There's nothing like a bit of heart felt sympathy.......and that was nothing like sympathy. ;)

BB
05-05-06, 09:43 PM
There's nothing like a bit of heart felt sympathy.......and that was nothing like sympathy. ;)

Yea, people keep telling me how good I am at the sympathy bit! Must be because I'm female! :)

Amante_271
08-05-06, 07:10 AM
A Bike Rally In Calne?? I Knew I moved here for some reason!!! Depending on work count me in! Even if I can only pop down to join in the fun and games(?) in the evening I will do my very best! Following on from the Sticker idea/thread, could Stickers/T-shirts be sorted out for the survivors?

blurbiker247
09-05-06, 11:59 AM
Sorry for the delay :( just been bizzy, this is how its looking so far Sept 15/16/17, thats been penciled in cos BB, Zebeddee (Boyyyg) and Lucy have said its a date they can make.

Here is the list, it includes a couple of maybe's and i'll let you know laters, but I just know your not gonna want to miss this.

Skyjawa
b1rd
BB
steev
RVBBabe
jeff
R6Neo
Zebedee & lucy
Mac
Dabs
Amante
bluebiker247]

Steev
09-05-06, 12:15 PM
If thats the dates then I will make it. I'm going on holiday in August for a couple of weeks (dont know which ones yet) and I have a birthday party in Lincolnshire on the weekend of the 3rd of Sept. If the rally does miss all of them I'm well up for it. I like the idea of the offroad stuff as I have always fancied a bit of that. If anyone that has had some off road experience fancys organising an event I'm sure you would get a good turnout from here.

blurbiker247
09-05-06, 12:28 PM
Unless we gets lots that say they can't make Sept 15/16/17 then thats the date, so I'll count you in mate.

BB
09-05-06, 05:48 PM
Terrifying thought that Zeb, Lucy & I wield such influence! ;D Definitely better write it in the diary now! and Zeb you had better not be back in the forces by then!

zebedee1984
09-05-06, 06:00 PM
well I hope to be back in the forces but at the same time, it would be great if the joining date was just after so I could go on the rally before I give my life to "her majesty" (yeah... whatever).

I could always swear allegiance to Wiltshirebikers couldn't I.

I think we should form a band of revolutionaries, obviously our revolt will have to be made on a motorbike, any other way would just be silly.

what was that about being insane....!

BB
09-05-06, 06:05 PM
Don't go giving your life to anyone mate! You belong to Wiltshirebikers - they are revolting ;)

Amante_271
10-05-06, 07:53 AM
You belong to Wiltshirebikers - they are revolting ;)

Hey BB! Who says we are revolting? OK! There are some personal hygene problems that need to be sorted out, true, but revolting? A little harsh maybe!

Sniff-sniff! Not me! Im just mildly aromatic!!

blurbiker247
10-05-06, 09:35 AM
Morning everyone, so lets move this to the next stage, all of the following needs to be discussed and decided upon.

I. The menu, should it be a communial cook/shop and what do people want, I'm in favour of that as it makes things easier for the majority.
2. Who wants to wash up(what dyou mean (WHATS THAT) Ok, so disposables ?
3. So should we go for an "ALL-IN" price per head, to include site, food and beer O and snow balls for the "girlies" (What was that BB something about sex and travel :-/)
4. Music, I'v got a mate runs a VERY GOOD band but will proberbly want buckets loads of money, i'll ask, any ideas?????
5.Evening BBQ'S who wants what + same ? questions as 1 and 2 above.
6. I have STUFF in mind for all of the above but don't want to make any plans without discussing the details with you guys, so feed back fast please, as I will need to put down a deposit soon to secure the site.
7. Do you think we should have a "RALLY COMMITEE" ( :o OOOOooooo) that can deal with all this STUFF and if so, who do you want on it.

Amante_271
10-05-06, 09:44 AM
I dont know if I will stay on site o.nite (or even go on the runs!) but Im willing to help with some of the organisation of general logistics (food/beer runs etc!) as Im near by and have a car for ease of transport - those rear racks & top boxes f*ck up the handling when they are full of supplies/beer! So may I be vain enough to put my name forward to be on the committee?

blurbiker247
10-05-06, 10:34 AM
You got the job as far as I'm concerned, as long as no one objects, just one thing, have you got a flat cap ( all around the roooooom.)

Steev
10-05-06, 03:14 PM
1) Yeh communal grill BBQ Thingy (Lots of Chops, burgers, steaks, etc etc and a small bag of mixed green salad) with ketchup of coarse.
2) I am a man, I don't wash up ever, EVERYTHING is disposable.
3) All in is good for me as I don't have to divvy in my head just ride drink and eat (and set fire to things)
4) Cant help I'm tone deaf
5) See 1 & 2
6) Tell me how much and how to get it to you
7) See 3

Personally I cant wait.

Amante_271
10-05-06, 06:51 PM
You got the job as far as I'm concerned, as long as no one objects, just one thing, have you got a flat cap ( all around the roooooom.)

No but will a dutch one do? ::) :o

zebedee1984
10-05-06, 07:55 PM
I think communal bbq is a great idea, that way people will mingle better rather than splitting off in to little groups, plus I can't cook so I'd starve. (of course, if I BBQ, you'll all have to make sure you've had your jabs!).

disposables for definate.

Price per head is a great idea too.

I could sing for everyone, but I offend myself in the shower so potentially we could require an ambulance.

blurbiker247
10-05-06, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the feed back Zebedee, all noted, sounds like you should be carrying some sort of government health warning, or maybe just ring a bell like the leapers used to ;D ;D ;D

blurbiker247
10-05-06, 08:12 PM

No but will a dutch one do? ::) :o

O your going straight to hell for that one :-? ;D ;D

BB
10-05-06, 11:42 PM
I'm with Steev just change 'man' to 'BB'!

Is there enough of us going to warrent a band? Disco cheaper option? did you mention - is there somewhere we can get inside if wet? We can leave amante outside bbq-ing for us!

Amante_271
11-05-06, 12:34 AM
Soggy sausages are my speciallity! :) ;) :D ;D

blurbiker247
11-05-06, 08:55 AM
I'm with Steev just change 'man' to 'BB'!

Is there enough of us going to warrent a band? Disco cheaper option? did you mention - is there somewhere we can get inside if wet? We can leave amante outside bbq-ing for us!

Yes no problem, they have a huge barn style (but with sides) erection ( if you will pardon the terminoligy) that has electric, water, tables and lighting, but I'll be there and the sun always shines on the righteous ::)

blurbiker247
11-05-06, 09:04 AM
Is it ok with everyone if I put down a deposit on Monday to secure the site ? I won't need any money from anyone, but its commiting us to Sept 15 16 17.

Steev
11-05-06, 10:41 AM
I'm Good to go on these dates

RVFBabe
11-05-06, 12:13 PM
fine by me :)

blurbiker247
11-05-06, 01:37 PM
Cheers Steeve and RVFBabe ;)

SkyJawa
11-05-06, 01:49 PM
Yup - should be game on :)

blurbiker247
11-05-06, 06:27 PM
Thanks mate, wish it was'nt far off :-[

BB
11-05-06, 06:29 PM
Put me down too.

(Did I phrase that ok?)

blurbiker247
11-05-06, 06:38 PM
Put me down too.

(Did I phrase that ok?)

No should read "put me down you don't know where I've been" :-/ ;D

BB
11-05-06, 06:42 PM
You want a slapping? :o

blurbiker247
11-05-06, 06:44 PM
Promises promises :P :-/you bin peepin :-?

Amante_271
12-05-06, 08:55 AM
Put me down too.

(Did I phrase that ok?)

Your Old, wrinkly and smell of wee! :)

Well you did say you wanted to be put down!!

Only Joking - Well as Meatloaf would say 2 out of 3 aint bad!! LOL!

blurbiker247
12-05-06, 09:29 AM
I think you.v started something here ;D this could be a whole new topic, and might get more hit than word association ;D ;D ;D

Amante_271
12-05-06, 10:36 AM
On a serious note... me serious?!?

.... Is it going to be a "members only" rally or do you want to throw it open to other local groups eg Lysley Arms, Glos Bikers etc? Ive made a note of the dates in the events calendar so no excuse for forgetting!

With other groups it could make the "Party games" and camp (ducky) fire singing alot more... er... tunefull?

Scott_W
12-05-06, 11:50 AM
My thoughts are to stick with just the WB members.

RVFBabe
12-05-06, 11:54 AM
Stick with WB members only, we haven't all met yet and hardly know each other let alone more names and faces to remember from other groups :)

BB
12-05-06, 05:38 PM
Keep it to Just WB people

blurbiker247
12-05-06, 07:12 PM
Well we have our answer here I think 271, I think we should gracefully bow to the wisdom of the majority, and not only that I think they are spot on.

Great to meet you to-day, maybe we should try to arrange meet for all on the list, so we can talk it all though, and get everyones thoughts????

Amante_271
12-05-06, 09:16 PM
Ok! Boys and Girls and others! It was just an idea! Went to see the venue and who was there (getting the dates written in the diary... I SAW IT!)... Bluebiker!! Good to put a face to the name!! Not quite as I'd imagined. Hope the wild date with the receptionist goes well!!! :o WEG!!! ;) ;D