PDA

View Full Version : Linking topics on the Rally

Amante_271
14-05-06, 09:55 AM
I want to join up a few threads about the Rally, so we arent all jumping around trying to remember where we wrote something and where do we go to get a reply!!

Attending - Can we make a proper list of whose going to be going (if your not 100% sure put your name down but with PROV at the end so we can get a rough idea on numbers at this stage.

Stickers &/or T.shirts - Any thoughts on organising a "I survived the 1st Wiltshire Bikers Rally" style T.Shirt/Stickers.

(Dis)Organisation - Bluebiker and I seem to be getting the ball rolling at the moment but any extra help would be useful if not immediately then nearer the date.

Planning - Bluebiker surgested a general meet up to discuss what we all want for/from the rally. How about a Wednesday evening at Avebury so we can all meet up over a few Lemonade Shandys and talk some of the ideas thru. If Avebury isnt good for people or Wednesday is a bad day please post alternatives. Devizes is fairly central looking at the map!?!

Cost - We all need to budget and nothing in life is truely free (!) What sort of ammounts can people (sensibly) afford? The better the budget, the better we can do this, but we dont want to say £100 a head and have nobody turn up!

I know you are probably thinking "Why sort this stuff out now? Its ages to go still!", but from past experience its better to sort it out now rather that screaming round like a headless chickens with days to go!

Come on people talk to us and lets make it a great rally not just a good one!

Attending List:

Amante271

Amante_271
14-05-06, 07:28 PM
Just had a meeting with Bluebiker (OK it was a few beers and a chat in the pub!) and weve discussed alot of ideas BUTwe need YOUR imput too!!

Anyone who posts up even a prov sign up will be invited to an informal BBQ- FREE FOOD - to discuss details on what people want/dont want for food / drink / games etc, so sign up NOW to avoid disappointment! Kick the apathy in to touch and do something possitive!!!

onfire23
14-05-06, 09:37 PM
Could bring your own 8-)
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060515.p.Picnic_Basket_28_Pieces

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060518.p.Trolley_BBQ

BB
14-05-06, 09:47 PM
Stop panicking Amante and give people a chance - some of us have had other commitments today and Zebedee is moving house so isn't even able to see your posts!

I suggest you arrange a planning meeting somewhere other than bike night at Avebury – if you have a lot of people milling around identifying WB people will be bad enough without trying to get them all together to talk something over. If you have ever organised anything before you will know that a lot of people are more than happy to attend/pay/whatever, provided you do all the work so just be ready for that. It’s not apathy it is the way of the world.

Regarding the event I would suggest you keep things simple. Do some rough costings for varying amounts of people to include camping, BBQ,etc, etc. See if you can find details of other rallies and see what they cost/include. If you have the answers to all the questions before they are asked that’s always useful. Bring these along to the planning meeting for discussion.

Wednesdays are bad nights for me to meet.

If you feel I am teaching granny to suck eggs then I am sorry, just ignore this post.

BB
14-05-06, 09:48 PM
Attending List:

Amante271
Blackbonnie

Amante_271
15-05-06, 12:36 AM
Fair comment BB. Its just I want to get the ball rolling. Having organised various things along a simular lines before, I know that "time waits for no man (or woman)" People think "Oh its ok September is ages away!" but the Rally dates are just under 18 weeks away!!

I apreciate people have other things to do but the topic has been read by lots of people but no replies! (Except you & Onfires humourous web links!) All I/we want is a rough guide at this stage towards numbers thats all!!

Wednesday night at Avebury was just a surgestion as I know alot of people go, but once again I/we are open to offers. It was Bluebikers idea to have a BBQ at his place but Im just as happy to have it here at mine (Snr Management has said its ok too) also its agood excuse to meet people and put faces to screen names (let alone real names!)

As far as egg sucking is concerned..... may be a tad, but its nice to get SOME feed back! ;)