PDA

View Full Version : 400 died

V-TWIN
23-05-06, 11:51 PM
decided to take cbr 400 out for a blast saturday morning on way to work, arrived at work with a smile on face due sunny weather :), had a busy 5.5 hours work, Hopped on bike and took her for another spin before i went home, just before parking up i felt the bike kind of snake towards a stop, i laughed and got off, looked under bike saw major oil leak!, traced leak to the oil filter (squirting a fine jet of oil about a metre in distance) in turn seeing me subsiquently diving for the key to turn off the engine before she cooks!!!
Now am bikeless for awhile till i buy new filter and replace the oil
:-/

zebedee1984
23-05-06, 11:56 PM
that's a bugger but at least you caught it before any major damage was caused to the internal parts of the engine.

What's the cost of the damage as it is?

V-TWIN
24-05-06, 05:25 PM
i was very lucky, just an oil filter to replace i think, im guessing the filter was so badly corroded that a stone flicked off wheel into it, should be sorted on pay day!, gunna sort out the fairing with the propper stickers get it mot'd and then part ex or flog it to get gsxr 1000

BB
24-05-06, 09:16 PM
Glad to hear it was something simple & that you cought it before you did any damage.

b_1_rd
25-05-06, 01:17 AM
When you were spraying the oil, did you make sure there was a diesel Van with overfilled fuel tank behind you and make him spin off at a roundabout? ;)

Amante_271
25-05-06, 07:08 AM
When you were spraying the oil, did you make sure there was a diesel Van with overfilled fuel tank behind you and make him spin off at a roundabout? ;)
LOL!

Glad to hear your ok and the problem is fixable