PDA

View Full Version : Change of Job

JamesHockley
23-05-06, 12:20 PM
I want to change jobs, I have had enough of what I am doing and I am not sure how long my company is going to be around. So I was thinking about training to be a riding instructor, I know it will mean riding all year round and having to deal with the odd muppet or two! Has any one ever done it or is any one on the site an instructor who would not mind giving me some advise?

Dabz
23-05-06, 12:34 PM
how long have you been riding for? not sure what the requirements to be an instructor are

JamesHockley
23-05-06, 12:36 PM
You have to have been riding for 3 years. I have my licence since August 2002 and it's Clean (god knows how!)

Guy
24-05-06, 02:51 PM
i no you have to pass your test as an instructor for a car first. i was looking at it get in touch with the instructor college they will give you all the advice you will ever need. good luck

JamesHockley
25-05-06, 09:33 AM
I was looking at a company that does the training and their site does not say anything about having to be a car instructor, I will have to look into it.

onfire23
25-05-06, 10:14 AM
I want to change jobs, I have had enough of what I am doing and I am not sure how long my company is going to be around. So I was thinking about training to be a riding instructor, I know it will mean riding all year round and having to deal with the odd muppet or two! Has any one ever done it or is any one on the site an instructor who would not mind giving me some advise?

Hope this helps..

http://www.bsm.co.uk/rt/become_a_motorcycle_instructor/index.html

8-)

JamesHockley
25-05-06, 11:38 AM
It does help, but it differs from what I have read else where. I will give them a call and see what they say.