PDA

View Full Version : Am i allowed to call someone a 'dippy bird' here?

HC8
25-05-06, 01:38 PM
Coz i found at least two.. [smiley=shocked.gif]...... whilst at home recovering following a spell in hospital (not bike related for a change) and leafing through MSN i spot a write up on a few bikes harley, kwak, triumph and ducati etc oh good i thought should be interesting - NO it wasn't

They got two dippy birds and a bloke to test ride these bikes and give their opinions and although i know HD's are not everyones cup of tea - even i've got a Jap 4 plus having previously owned a ducati 600 and a gpz500. They had no clue whatsoever about differing types of bikes being completely different in their power ability/delivery, style of riding yeh yeh yeh rant rant rant. one even had the neck to say that a cbr400 would have more power than a HD, they seem to think power comes from how high it revs - maybe I should write a letter to MSN and thank them for getting my torpid blood flowing again.

Also found an article promoting national motorcycle week July 16 - 23 and about organising rides outs with the slogan have you got the F factor? see www.mcia.co.uk for more details. and this gave me an idea.

That as this is wiltshire bikers and wiltshire is quite a large county (sort of square on its arse) somebody (i would put my hand up for this if i was assisted by peeps who have good map to tarmac skills) organised a ride around the border of the county of wiltshire on a nice shining sunny day to end at a pub with cold beer! whatcha think?

sorry this is so wordy, rant over :)

Kaz

BB
25-05-06, 02:02 PM
You can call someone a 'dippy bird' if you feel it's justified, and it sounds like it is in this case. Someone once told me MCN was the 'Sun' of the motorcycling world.

Riding the boundaries sounds like fun/nightmare to organise. Just a thought before you select a date Calne Bike day is 22nd July.

BB

b_1_rd
25-05-06, 02:51 PM
As it has been called on another forum that I'm on...MCN 'Mostly Contains Nonsense'!

Tommy
25-05-06, 03:27 PM
Yes! anyone at MCN!

GixerBoy
25-05-06, 04:17 PM
Gotta agree about the 'tabloid' dig at MCN,they do like to sensationalize there stories somewhat...... :o

FJ_Biker
25-05-06, 06:00 PM
Yep MCN is a dreadful paper, I would liken it to the sun it makes me cringe

Have you ever read there tips just how stupid do they think we are.

It does make you wonder why you would compare a HD and a Jap 400, two totally different machines designed for totally different styles of riding and in my view aimed at totally different sections of the motorbike market

If you wish HC8 or anyone else on this forum PM me with your address and I will send you a free copy of the Road (its MAG’s bi-monthly magazine and not available in the newsagants) http://theroad.mag-uk.org/

Thanks Taff

onfire23
25-05-06, 11:12 PM
Have not purchased MCN Paper for can't remember when? since I received calls and e-mails from there paperatz Tom Rayner >:(=mcn reporter.

;D ;D