PDA

View Full Version : bike supplement

Guy
19-05-06, 12:30 PM
Hi all i work for a local paper in bath and i am producing a motorbike feature in the bath chronilcle but i

cant come up with any ideas what to call it. can you HELP!!!! :-/

Mac
19-05-06, 12:32 PM
Apart from being about bikes whats the general content about?

Guy
19-05-06, 12:36 PM
not been told what the editorial will be about but i work in advertising so it will be

half a page of editorial and the rest local business adverts. i want sports bikes

but have to wait and see

Dabz
19-05-06, 01:39 PM
you work for the chronicle? you based in the windsor bridge offices? If so I can see your place from my office window ;)

there are 2 good bike shops in oldfield park - the honda dealer (bishops of bath I think) and the kwak breakers that also do services etc and have a good shop...be worth approaching them for adverts

Guy
19-05-06, 02:06 PM
yes mate i am, do you live in swindon aswell. thanks for those leads much

appreciated

Dabz
19-05-06, 03:10 PM
nah I live in bradford on avon so not far from Bath :) work above g williams & sons stone masons over the road from you (we're an IT company) - those bike shops are only 5 mins walk up the road into oldfield park

FJ_Biker
19-05-06, 04:03 PM
If you wish to pop along to the Lysley Arms Chippenham, Monday (bike night) I will introduce you to the Land Lady Sarah and various other people if you wish. I am sure people from the forum will come along for a chinwag,

You could do your article on the use of internet forums on the biking community?

Taff

Dabz
20-05-06, 10:00 AM
try to get us a free tiny advert ;) I can supply artwork in the correct format

Guy
23-05-06, 10:21 AM
i will see what i can do that would be good advertising for the site

Guy
23-05-06, 11:42 AM
spoke to my supervisor and she said it shouldnt be a problem getting the web

address put on the feature for free if you could send me the artwork and i will

get onto it g.tipping@westnews.co.uk

Dabz
23-05-06, 12:33 PM
excellent thanks mate :D I'll email the artwork over...

Amante_271
23-05-06, 03:25 PM
Good to see the forums getting some free publicity!! 200 members here we come.... (mental note to self .... might need more space at the rally!!!)

What about doing a feature on bike tests? Everything from CBT to DAS as not everyone knows all the rules and regs. I certainly didnt when I came to the forum!! You could mention where to go, costs etc. Not only would it inform the general public that as motorcyclists we have more to do to get on a big bike compared to getting into whatever car somebody wants too weather it be a Ferrari or a Ford (Heaven forbid.... a VOLVO!!!) but it would shou we are responsible people... alledgedly!!

Its just an idea!!

Ps. can we read the paper/articles on the web? If so where?

Amante_271
23-05-06, 03:27 PM
Cheesy Name --- Freewheeling! :D

BB
23-05-06, 10:21 PM
Don't forget D & H Motorcycles Green Park Mews and Barton Motors Lyndhusrt Rd. Both MOT stations and general good guys according to my mates in Bath.

Are you going to just cover modern bikes or classics as well? Bath Classic Motorcycle Club is a strong club in Bath and they are doing a charity bike run starting in Bath on 4th June.

BB

Guy
24-05-06, 10:49 AM
the article should be out on the 28/6/06 it will not be on the website but you can buy a copy of the bath chronicle it will also be published in the west wilts advertiser

b_1_rd
24-05-06, 11:39 AM
Oh! A cheap trick to get us to buy the paper and increase the circulation by up to 100 (did you know we have 100 members now!) ;)

onfire23
24-05-06, 02:11 PM
the article should be out on the 28/6/06 it will not be on the website but you can buy a copy of the bath chronicle it will also be published in the west wilts advertiser

Free of course to WB's ;)

Guy
24-05-06, 02:47 PM
i will see what i can do maybe i can get my hands on some voucher copies dont

no about 100 though

Dabz
24-05-06, 04:28 PM
we get it delivered at work so will have a peek :D

BB
24-05-06, 08:22 PM
i will see what i can do maybe i can get my hands on some voucher copies dont

no about 100 though

Don't panic, I think Guy was referring to the fact that some of us live in the West Wilts Advertiser area!

BB

Amante_271
26-05-06, 07:13 AM
Rats! Im away in Cornwall then! How easy will it be to get a back copy?

onfire23
26-05-06, 08:38 AM
Oh pop into Truro, and say hello to my Mum Dad, might even get a Pasty!
;)

Amante_271
26-05-06, 06:53 PM
Not a bad idea as we are at Perranporth - late honeymoon (20months late!) and celebrating Senior managements 21st birthday while we are away and my 42nd just before we go! Know any decent pubs/restaurants down there? Got to take Roxanne our 9month old rug rat with us tho!!