PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson

onfire23
26-05-06, 05:14 PM
Are there any members who own a Harley? ::)

BB
26-05-06, 05:41 PM
I think there are at least two admitting to owning them. Didn't someone post a piccie of one lurking in their garage on here somewhere?

Why? Thinking of buying one & changing your lifestyle or do you want to slag 'em off or something? (Joke!!)

BB

(edited for spelling)

HC8
28-05-06, 03:43 PM
[smiley=grin.gif] me ::) I do - and my SO is pretty good with engine stuff if your after that sort of info too!

Mac
28-05-06, 06:26 PM
Are there any members who own a Harley? ::)
Point of this thread please?

rex_the_sprocket
28-05-06, 06:27 PM
I think OF wants to borrow your chaps and leather cap ;)

Amante_271
28-05-06, 06:59 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Harleys! (Except the brakes! Yes they DO have them!) They make some decent speed bikes as well as cruisers! In the states of course they dont have to worry bout corners so it makes life easier!!

:) ;D :)

HC8
28-05-06, 08:12 PM

Only leather chaps i've got are for riding my horse and they smell of horse sweat! :-*

HC8
28-05-06, 08:14 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Harleys! (Except the brakes! Yes they DO have them!) They make some decent speed bikes as well as cruisers! In the states of course they dont have to worry bout corners so it makes life easier!!

:) ;D :)

i don't recall old two stroke suzooks going round corners that well either :P in fact KH's were even worse

onfire23
28-05-06, 08:38 PM

Only leather chaps i've got are for riding my horse and they smell of horse sweat! :-*
;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for that Rex bit YMCA 8-)

Snowy
28-05-06, 11:10 PM
If you want to see some corners in the US you could do worse than Deals Gap in North Carolina. Check out tailofthedragon.com or do a google search on Deals Gap. You wouldn't have any chicken strip left if you did that road. I've seen videos of Harleys and Goldwings all going down that road scaping their pegs and chromework on the way down.

I would like to have a go on a Harley as without trying one it's impossible to have your own opinion about how the bikes handle and I would agree with HC8 that 70's and 80's jap bikes were not the best in the twisties especially in the wet. I had enough experiences on my 3 Honda's to know that well enough. But the Kwack 500H1 was a monster!

BB
29-05-06, 06:34 PM
A few years ago a gang of us were going off on holiday and I blew up my bike on the way to the ferry. Sent my bike home in disgrace with the AA and did the entire trip swapping from pillion to pillion among the gang (no jokes please) and by far the best for comfort was the HD. The guy who pilots it can really hustle that thing along! Must blag a ride sometime.

BB

Snowy
29-05-06, 06:54 PM
A friend of mine had a Sportster when he was working in California - kept sending piccies of himself plus bike along Highway 1 between San Francisco and Monterey, including some great ones from Santa Cruz and Carmel. The bike did look the part and he enjoyed himself which is what it's all about.

Amante_271
30-05-06, 07:17 AM
How many wheels does a Harley need tho? I saw a Harley Penta-cycle yesterday near Chippenham! PULLING A CARAVAN!!!!

The "bike" had a set of 12"+ over-sized front forks (springers) by the look of it, very sleek body then 2 rear axels!!! Total of 5 wheels!! At the back it was pulling a small mini caravan. All of it was fully custom painted and looked as if it had just driven straight out of BSH. Absolutely fantastic!!! :)