PDA

View Full Version : Race Report - Donington 28th May

Foo
30-05-06, 08:55 PM
Oh where to start. I'll try and keep this brief otherwise I'll be rabbiting on about it for pages. For those of you that don't know I started my racing career this year on a ZXR400 racing in the Formula 400 class with Derby Phoenix

Firstly the weather behaved itself and we had a dry if not dull day (weather wise of course)

Allcomers Race 1 (Mental Race of the Year, one I will NEVER forget)

This is the first time I've entered an Allcomers Race and it seemed a really good idea a month ago but sat on the grid feeling very small and insignificant amongst all the bigger bikes I was beginning to regret having such thoughts of grandeur :o I was only 1 of 2 400's on the grid and the only smaller bike was a 250, everyone else was on 600's upwards. Had a good tussle with the only other 400 and just beat him to the chequred flag :D

Started 28th - Finished 30th in front of one 400, 2 600's ;D and the 250 so i was feeling like Valentino Rossi, anyone would have thought I'd just won my first GP!!!!

F400 Race 1

After having such a fantastic Allcomers Race I'd got the bit between my teeth for this one. I even managed 5th at one point during the race (well just after the 1st corner). An extremely close race between me and the 400 that had been in the Allcomers Race, 2nd to last corner he overtook me, I then managed to outbreak him into the S's to come in 1/4 of a second in front. (I can only imagine the frustration that must have been going through his mind at that point)

Started 18th - Finished 15th 3rd NOVICE now I really felt as though I'd won my first GP, nearly cried all the way back to the pits

F400 Race 2

Not going to talk about this one, think I had my head up my arse as I was just poo :-/

Started 15th - no idea where I finished as I threw a strop because I'd been crap

Allcomers Final

I didn't realise I'd have to do this so it came as a bit of a surprise when someone told me I was on the 3rd row I was getting tired at this point but gave it a go. Had another really good start and managed to hold my own. Came in, just in front of 3 600's biggrin.gif and had a good battle with a CBR600 during the last 2 laps. Unfortunate I didn't quite have enough power out of the last corner to make it over the line before him but I was pleased to say the least.

Started 9th :o (god know's how that happened) Finished 15th.

Last lap of the last race showed my best laptime at 1.27 knocking 3 seconds off my laptime during the day...

I'm off to plan my reign of supremacy of the 2007 MotoGP rofl2.gif

Foo
30-05-06, 08:58 PM
Oh and here's a photo of my first ever race on my first ever corner - just check out the look of fear on my face :D

I'm number 132 on the righthand side of the photo

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/ferrisfoofur/croft.jpg

R1chie
30-05-06, 09:02 PM
Good going Faye pet!!!

i'll show you what an apex is one of these days geek burd ;)

Foo
30-05-06, 09:05 PM
i'll show you what an apex is one of these days geek burd ;)

At that point i was just glad to get around the corner.... :D I was pretty sure I had my eye's shut at that point :o

BB
30-05-06, 09:50 PM
Way to go, girl! Keep on having fun - and giving bigger bikes a run for their money!

BB

Foo
30-05-06, 10:05 PM
Thanks BB, hope to meet you on saturday (hangover permitting)

Amante_271
31-05-06, 06:56 AM
Well done gal!! You might have some competition from the Doctor now it doesnt look as if hes going to Ferrari F1 but Im sure the BIG wins wont be far away!!

Looking forward to the next instalment!! Expect you will be wonting LOADS of the new WB stickers (when they are ready) to go on the bike??!!??

GO TEAM TREACLE!!! :)

BB
31-05-06, 07:42 AM
Thanks BB, hope to meet you on saturday (hangover permitting)

Fingers crossed I'll be there - I've managed to double book myself so gotta do some wriggling!

BB

Mac
31-05-06, 11:16 AM
Wow...I'm dead jealous. Check u out.
Will be chatting u up for some tips and advice for my first track day later in the year.

GixerBoy
31-05-06, 11:41 AM
Maybe we should organise some support from WB for one of your future races........ :)
Foo,have you seen that about 10 of us are doing a track day at Silverstone Nat on the 2nd July? You could use it as a practice day,show some of the boys how its done! :)

Mac
31-05-06, 11:58 AM
U included too matey ;)

GixerBoy
31-05-06, 12:33 PM
U included too matey ;)

Cheek! :'(

Amante_271
01-06-06, 08:33 AM
Maybe we should organise some support from WB for one of your future races........ :)
Foo,have you seen that about 10 of us are doing a track day at Silverstone Nat on the 2nd July? You could use it as a practice day,show some of the boys how its done! :)
Both good ideas... Any chance of a Thruxton race day or Castle Combe?
What about a tutorial session on the track day?

onfire23
01-06-06, 09:27 AM
You wanna go racing wow!

Silverstone 2nd July