PDA

View Full Version : going to a rally

HC8
01-06-06, 06:46 PM
I thought i saw mentioned a few whiles ago about going to a rally, not sure if this was making up our own or going to others ones but one i've been going to for a number of years is the following 3b's one, so can personnally recommend, though not for faint hearted! and no this isn't a plug and its so good i'm gonna go buy a camper van specially - nooooooo only joking ;D

3Bs 'The Only Fools & Bikers' Custom & Classic Bike Show 12 at Headley Park Hotel (Lith Club), nr Bordon, Hants (off A325)
Prebook £10.00 OTG £15.00. Cars by prior arrangement £5.00UK (for charity)
Bike Show & Fireworks Saturday, Trophies & Cash Prize, Bands, Disco, Stalls, Kids Entertainment, Beer, Food, Bonfire, Camping etc
No Dogs or Fires. Rooms available in Hotel - Ring direct on 01420 472810
cheques/POs made payable to: 3Bs Hampshire, 462 Pinewood Park, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 9JU
07974 107759 or 07979 837083. Card payments - 01252 330060 (Booking fee applicable). Trade Enquiries - 01252 660195
www.3bs.uk.com email3bshampshire@ntlworld.com

Kaz

BB
01-06-06, 11:59 PM
There was talk of organising our own rally but despite the initial enthusiasm appears to have slowed a bit.

BB

Amante_271
02-06-06, 07:48 AM
The dates are still booked for September! Bluebiker & I asked for responses to who could/ would like to go but as BB said after an initial burst of enthusiasm its all died down to a dull roar! :( :'(

We need to know who wants to go and to try and arrange a meeting to discuss things like a menu (?) as we dont want to get 100lb of prime T-bone steaks to find everyones a Veggie! Etc!

Also we need to know numbers so we can work out costs as well.

Thoughts and comments please.....

HC8
02-06-06, 01:20 PM
Thoughts and comments please.....

i'm up for it, need to remind me of dates/location please.

When i've organised rallys/camp outs in past - i've sorted site and given peeps date and where -
To get around the food issue we waited until majority were present then collected £5 - £10 from each individual then made a list of what we wanted eg Steaks, Sausages, Beer, Wine, more beer, some burgers, vegies stuff, lager

Then gone out to local shops to buy with money collected that way everybody contributes and everybody gets something to eat/drink - its amazing what local butchers shops etc will part with at 4pm on a sat for an amout of cash waived at them and some bartering - i found that the money would usually stretch to paper towels, plastic forks and cups and two or three of those disposable bbq's - there was usually enough for breaky if anyones head allowed - the downside is i guess somebodys got to take responsibility for doing above and/or cooking - they are allowed most beer though. ;)

also need to allow for people working sats who might not get there til late pm (from those may need upfront definites and contribution

just my experiences anyway hope they are of some use

rgds

Kaz