PDA

View Full Version : Any IT experts here ?

HC8
02-06-06, 05:27 PM
hello
i need some help answering an IT related seen question for my exams relating to the OS and database's

field validation check appropriate for Item Number, Customer Number and Item Quantity?

two distince types of resource managed by the OS on a stand alone pc, - i think memory and cpu but i could be wrong?
plus one other role - i say file management but again i could be wrong.

one task a network os will have as opposed to a stand alone, - i was gonna say managing application resources or user access but don't know if this is enough or too obvious

any help greatly appreciated

Kaz

BB
02-06-06, 06:04 PM
We are knee deep in IT geeks on here so you should get a good reply very soon. good luck with the exam.

BB

onfire23
02-06-06, 06:08 PM
Yep... I am a Microsoft Professional! 8-)

SkyJawa
02-06-06, 09:42 PM
Good answer to the question then - does that show what Microsoft Certification means? :P

russ100
02-06-06, 11:22 PM
- field validation check appropriate for Item Number, Customer Number and Item Quantity

For item & customer it depends on when the validation is done, but you could check for a particular format mask ie you only accept 6 digit numbers starting with a particular digit or you could validate against the values stored in the database for instance.

Item Qty - must be numeric, > 0, a whole number, you could set a limit eg no more than 50

- two distince types of resource managed by the OS on a stand alone pc
"i think memory and cpu but i could be wrong?"

They both sound good to me.

-one task a network os will have as opposed to a stand alone
"i was gonna say managing application resources" >> I would say this applies to both.
"user access" >> yes

also - File locking/ file sharing

Hope this helps,
Russ