PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate incident....

Jeff
31-05-06, 01:59 PM
All,

Just spoke with James Hockley whom I went to Poole with yesterday evening. After a great ride James was unfortunate enough to be met by an idiot pulling out in front of him 200yds from his house.

James is ok, though either has serious bruising or a fracture to his wrist - A&E should clarify this.

His bike on the other hand sounds a little worse for wear, having sustain damage to the front and left side plastics, cracked the instrument casings and lost of few of it's extremities :(

As James had managed to avoid the car pulling out in front of him, unfortunately locking the front up and sliding into a parked car, the driver denied responsibility and drove off. James got the reg. number but the police said there is little they can do as there are no witnesses.

A strange twist is that the car James and his Kwakka hit was occupied at the time, but the driver left without saying a word! No insurance per chance :question

Anyway he will be sharing Gemmas GS for a while, until he can get his back on the road. And at least he is fine - well as much as he ever was ;D He has also said that he may get some pictures of his bike, and the bits, up on the site when he can.

James I know we where talking about new bikes but I really didn't think you were that serious!!!

Get well soon mate, and hope to see you back on your beauty before too long.

Thanks all,

Jeff

Dabz
31-05-06, 02:02 PM
get well soon mate, really sorry to hear about your incident. VERY odd that the car you hit drove off, but probably no insurance like Jeff said. Could have been worse though so thankful for that

Nokesy
31-05-06, 02:08 PM
Most of the front of the bike is on the kitchen table, having carried it home in carrier bags!! Not good! Anyway A&E have splinted the wrist - has to go back next week for 2nd x-ray to check for fractures - sometimes they take time to show (apparently!). Anyway, apart from needing large doses of sympathy he is fine!! If anyone has any leads regarding repairs to the bike just let us know - it's gonna be quite costly!!

BB
31-05-06, 02:46 PM
Glad to hear he is ok - well nearly. Could have been so much worse!

Incredible that people can just drive away from the scene of an accident and leave someone with a trashed bike and in pain and thats ok but if you run over a dog and don't report it you are in trouble!

Equally strange that the car James hit was occupied but the occupants saw nothing...

GixerBoy
31-05-06, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear that James is not to badly hurt.

Mac
31-05-06, 04:48 PM
isnt there some frickin wa n kas out there.
Hope James is ok. Enjoy the painkillers dude....make a speedy recovery.

Mac

Snowy
31-05-06, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear James is basically OK - get well soon.

furry
31-05-06, 05:38 PM
2 in a week!!! not good.
know what ya going through, even worse for you as not yr fault, mine was my own stupidity,
take it steady and rest up fella

Scott_W
31-05-06, 05:38 PM
Sounds like a nightmare! Glad to hear James is OK though!

onfire23
31-05-06, 05:41 PM
Best wishes and speedy recovery James ;)

aimee_patterson
31-05-06, 05:52 PM
best wishes, damm car drivers

SkyJawa
31-05-06, 06:55 PM
ah bloody hell not the "new" kwaka :( but at least he's ok.....

I can sympathise after mine went over within a month of owning it - grrrrrr

blurbiker247
31-05-06, 09:52 PM
Sorry to hear that James, glad your OK, at least you can put the bike back together.

Michael
31-05-06, 10:15 PM
Glad your ok James.

Perhaps the dumbs**t driver also didn't have insurance? As you have the reg number why not share it with other bikers in the name of safety so they can give this dip stick a 'wide birth'.

russ100
31-05-06, 10:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your off, hope everything mends soon....

I can't believe the police wont do anything about the car that drove off - surely thats leaving the scene of an accident ?
Im with Michael - best spread the reg, make and model around if you are absolutely sure of the details.

Get well soon.

R1chie
01-06-06, 12:15 AM
James, absolutely gutted for ya mate but glad to hear you aren't badly hurt.

let me know about what you need for parts for the bike if you decide to keep it, hopefully i can square you away

Amante_271
01-06-06, 08:27 AM
Soz to hear bout the smack. Smidsy strikes again! Name and shame the B*st*rds! Was it a couple of boy racer/chavs or the bikers worst nightmare - VOLVO drivers??

Get well soon mate!

JamesHockley
01-06-06, 09:29 AM
Hi Guys,

thanks for the messages, I think I will keep the details quiet until the police tell me what they are going to do about things.

Might still have to have my arm in cast as it can take up to a week for the fracture to show up on X-ray, or so the doc says! :(

I will have to fight with Nokes for the GS now! ;D

RVFBabe
01-06-06, 10:56 AM
Hope you make a speedy recovery :)

JamesHockley
01-06-06, 02:43 PM
Just got the price for most of the bits I need, with out respraying the left panal the running total is £977! Most of that is the head light unit £371.83!!

Dabz
01-06-06, 02:56 PM
ouch, can you not get one cheaper on fleabay?

JamesHockley
01-06-06, 03:13 PM
I have couple of mates looking for me, I don't have tinternet at home and Ebay is barred at work. Parents have offered to lend me the money, you have love your mum and dad, especialy as they hate the bike!

HC8
01-06-06, 06:27 PM
Yes do get well soon.

good idea to post out reg, then if someone spots it, can follow it and find out where the geezer lives and confront him with a few scary hairy mary's - god these ppl annoy me >:(

Amante_271
02-06-06, 08:02 AM
Any chance of at least mentioning the make & colour of the winkers cars? Are you going thru the insurance people or will it muck up your NCB? (tho its not fair that you should pay for THEIR mistake!!)

JamesHockley
02-06-06, 08:55 AM
Not going to go through insurance, just going to take my time and fix it myself. Might still have to have my wrist in plaster so won't be able to ride for a while ant way.

I will see what the police say before I say anything about the car involved.

Amante_271
02-06-06, 11:50 PM
I will see what the police say before I say anything about the car involved.

Fair enough, it might be wise to do what the cops say if it might harm their/your case against the scumbags!

Tommy
03-06-06, 08:44 PM
Hope ya heal quick mate and back on the road soonest