PDA

View Full Version : Bonnevilles which is best?

Tommy
03-06-06, 09:02 PM
At 3X today for release of new Ducati Classic GT1000! Very dissapointed been waiting six months to see it for real with intention to buy! ugly out of proportion and i dont fit it so reverting to plan B! Triumph Classic! Like the Bonnevile, T100 and Thruxton anyone got one and like to give an opinion/advice cant make my mind up!

BB
03-06-06, 09:18 PM
We went past the sign for three Cross today but GB wouldn't take us!

I have a Bonneville and I know a number of guys who have a selction of stuff from the Triumph catalogue including T100, Bonnevilles and a Thruxton. Most of them run them alongside their classic bikes (in my other life I'm a classic biker) Quite a few of them will be at the club meet this wednesday at The Dog & Fox Ashley Rd Bradford on Avon - come along if you live down this way and have a chat to the guys.

My Bonneville is fine, does exactly what it say on the tin so to speak. Never set the world alight but then I'm used to older stuff with character (read poor lights/brakes oil leaks etc etc) Twice the new bonnie it has had an attack of not liking misty rain and wouldn't start apart from that no problems but I've only had it 6 months.

Oh and Paul has a bonneville America.

BB

Tommy
03-06-06, 10:54 PM
just find it a little confusing! From what i can make out all three have completely diffrent engines was kinda just how people found the diff models, will probably just plump for the basic bonnville as like the black engine then adapt and overcome as i go along with after-market bits. have been a serial T140 owner in the past but need to use the bike to much to return to oil leaks and sunday morning rebuilds! work up in oxford monday to friday so wed meet would be difficult but will try in future mate and hope to get some pics of 3ta tomorow if still happy to pass round.

BB
04-06-06, 07:44 AM
I've got the basic black engined bonnie! You can get some nice sounding cans & extras for them to make them look & sound really neat. I'm just too lazy. A mate is just finishing off my 1969 T100 so should be on the road soon - mind you I've been saying that since January!

More than happy to pass round the 3TA details, send 'em on through!

BB

Tommy
04-06-06, 10:48 PM
Going to 3x again at weekend so will arange test rides on em all back to back that should give me best idea and not a bad way of passing an hour or two for free!

BB
04-06-06, 10:51 PM
As you say, a good way of passing an hour or so! ;D Wouldn't mind going down myself. Haven't been down in ages, must make the effort.

BB

Tommy
04-06-06, 10:55 PM
got to pick up my sons GSX600R ! While there dont know if i can still get into that rideing position safely anymore! lol

BB
04-06-06, 10:58 PM
Ah, it's one thing to get into that position, another to unravel yourself afterwards! lol