PDA

View Full Version : Adverts

Dabz
10-06-06, 12:07 PM
Just to let everyone know, there are now some small adverts at the bottom of each page. These make us money when they're clicked (about 0.01p per click I think!) and should hopefully make us some money to maintain the site.

I'm not allowed to suggest that you click them under google's T&C's so I won't :)

I've kept them as small as poss at the mo, but I could change it to have 4 ads in the banner...don't wanna make it take over the site though!

onfire23
10-06-06, 12:46 PM
I have added Google adsense to several of my web sites. Made a few pennies ...certainly not a get Rich quick scheme Lol!

http://www.mobiletunes-4-u.co.uk/index.php
http://www.eliteapartments.co.uk

(opps don't mean to advertise) :-[

Alternatively there are plenty of free advertising sites which you can add you’re own web site URL keeping it on top of the Google search. Can be bit of a full time job..
;)

Could add the code for Skype, I have made more money on that ...than Google Adsense. Just a thought.

Excellent Idea Dabz! 8-)

Dabz
10-06-06, 01:02 PM
what the skype thing then mate?

onfire23
10-06-06, 02:25 PM
One of many VOIP providers

Free telephone calls!!!

Using your internet pc, works really well

Amante_271
10-06-06, 08:40 PM
If it works for you Dabs and you think its in the best interest of the forum ie; some pennies in the beer fund (Oops! Kitty!) then its cool with me mate! 8-)

Just out of curiosity how many clicks is it per pint? LOL! ;D

Dabz
11-06-06, 09:07 AM
hundreds and hundreds lol. I wish we could make money for beer mate...at the moment it's costing me and Mac a fair bit to run this thing so any money we make from advertising will try to ease the strain on our wallets :P

Amante_271
11-06-06, 09:23 AM
Obviously I cant mention that if you click on to an advert, then hit the "previous" arrow button you go straight back to WB. Doing that lots of times will crank up the "kitty"!

I think Ive just got you a half! LOL!

Only pity is if you go to one of the sites, have a look, then click the X to come out you dont go straight back to WB! :(

Do you have a link to Warner Brothers? Might be nice as we use their term WB!!! LOL! :)