PDA

View Full Version : no pressure :(

rex_the_sprocket
17-06-06, 08:23 AM
Went for a spin with Onfire last night to test out my new rubber - Pirelli Corsa's from Elliots in Cricklade

Great ride, a tall coke at the pub then gets back on the bike for the last leg to Cirencester when.......

Coming round a right-hander at about 75mph and the steering totally locks up and I just about make it out the other side - feels like somebody has put a pole through the forks.

I pull over (****ting bricks) to find the front tyre is totally flat - no warning, no weaving beforehand.

No apparant damage to the tyre so I can only assume the valve failed.

Luckily I have a spare set of wheels (with wets) so we called the Mrs out with bike stands and appropriate tools and swapped the front wheel.

It was even luckier cos I had offered Onfire a ride on the prilla 5 minutes earlier...........

How fecked off with Elliots should I be? Has this happended to anybody else? >:( >:( >:( >:(

Scott_W
17-06-06, 08:53 AM
Blimey Rex that isn't good! I would be polite to Elliots, but at the same token, firm with my thoughts!

Dabz
17-06-06, 09:03 AM
geez, lucky it didn't end worse off mate. good luck

rex_the_sprocket
17-06-06, 09:06 AM
geez, lucky it didn't end worse off mate. good luck
Was heading towards one of those dry stone walls so the old sphincter was going a bit.....

I have heard of tyres loosing some pressure at very high speeds, bit not a total loss at 75mph

BB
17-06-06, 09:09 AM
Glad to hear you only suffered a fright. feck, I'd have been straight off!

Agreed - Polite but firm. It might be their reputation but it is your life! If manufacturing fault on valve then a bit beyond their control but they certainly need to know & check it all out. Could be a faulty batch or something!

BB

bigstinka
17-06-06, 01:26 PM
wasnt that pleased with the way elliots spoke to me when i went there. treated me like some dumb little kid. a bloke i work with lives like 30 secs walk away and after a few probs with them he would rather take his bike elsewhere. i know i shouldnt be saying this but they really p***ed me off when i went there.

GixerBoy
17-06-06, 01:31 PM
Say it the way it is mate,people need to know if there's a problem with a a product/dealer,thanks for your input!

GB.

Sinz1000K3
17-06-06, 01:37 PM
Good to hear your ok m8, go string em high:)

blurbiker247
17-06-06, 01:51 PM
BLOODY HELL MATE :o thank goodness you managed to hold it. don't two in one week, in fact don't want one in any week.