PDA

View Full Version : riding abroad

bazzashazza
21-06-06, 08:45 PM
just out of plain interest if you were riding abroad how would u ride and would u be aware of the kmh/mph difference?

comin back down dunkirk hill i got stuck behind a convoy of italians on cruisers traveling 20 mph down the hill which is a 40, when they hit the national speed limit they sped up to 40.

if a copper was there the bunch of em could've been done for going too slow.

i'm sure brits in foregin countries generally get done for going too fast! u think they're trying to make a point?? :-? ;D

ChantelleT
21-06-06, 08:51 PM
Dont know about that whole conversion to mph (to complicated) if your going to fast and get pulled over just flash your eyelids at the coppers (works over here lol)
Sorry abit off the thread.. would be nice for some of the WB clan to take a ride abroad. couple of days in france. or the whole whack (long way round lol)

bazzashazza
21-06-06, 08:52 PM
ooh u just got me thinkin of ewan mcgragor mmmm :) and i met charley boorman he's well sweet.

b_1_rd
21-06-06, 08:54 PM
ewan mcgragor, did he do long way back! :)

ChantelleT
21-06-06, 08:55 PM
thats what i meant by long way round (yes ewan Mcgregor mmmm very nice) cant imagine BMW will sponsor WB tho :(

bazzashazza
21-06-06, 08:55 PM
i got the dvd for xmas and had to watch it twice if not for the biking adventure just to swoon over mr mcgregor :D

b_1_rd
21-06-06, 08:58 PM
thats what i meant by long way round (yes ewan Mcgregor mmmm very nice) cant imagine BMW will sponsor WB tho :(

I know that! I was taking the mick out of the spelling! geez, what d'ya have to do to get a laugh around here! (and don't say post a pic!)

GixerBoy
21-06-06, 09:04 PM
Dont know about that whole conversion to mph (to complicated) if your going to fast and get pulled over just flash your eyelids at the coppers (works over here lol)
Sorry abit off the thread.. would be nice for some of the WB clan to take a ride abroad. couple of days in france. or the whole whack (long way round lol)

We have Chantelle.......Went over to the French MotoGP at LeMan a few weeks ago.....Great time! :)

ChantelleT
21-06-06, 09:05 PM
huh!!! and my invites lost in the post yeh lol

GixerBoy
21-06-06, 09:08 PM
Soz,Gixer thou riders only! :D 8-) ::)

ChantelleT
21-06-06, 09:11 PM
oh like that eh :-[ just have to buy a gixer then!
just send myself a speeding ticket now shall i?

Steev
21-06-06, 09:17 PM
And an Osteopath's (spelling) bill. LOL

GixerBoy
21-06-06, 09:18 PM
lol.......Never actually been done for speeding on the Missile........ ;)

GixerBoy
21-06-06, 09:19 PM
Don't be a wuss Steev :o........I seem to manage ok.......Young guy like you....... ;D :D ;)

onfire23
21-06-06, 09:48 PM
Me in Sardinia. Roundabouts where fun...no knee down! ::) ;D ;D

GixerBoy
21-06-06, 09:52 PM
I thought you were in IT......How big is that piccy?? ....... ::)Take it off and resize it.....I can hear the server groaning from here!

onfire23
21-06-06, 09:54 PM
Opps sorry wrong pic :'( ;D ;D

www.datagem.freeserve.co.uk/sardinia/sardines.JPG

Scott_W
21-06-06, 10:20 PM

Sorry mate, but I gotta laugh... you do look gay in that picture! ;D ;D

onfire23
21-06-06, 10:47 PM
Did ask for a real bike! yep ended up looking like a gimp! :'( :'(

Did have my wife on the back ;) :P

http://www.datagem.freeserve.co.uk/sardinia/lost.mht

;D ;D

JamesHockley
21-06-06, 10:51 PM
It would be moere like the 'Wrong way round' if us lot went to France!

BB
21-06-06, 10:54 PM
Mmm, I was just thinking the same James! If you do go abroad as a bunch just make sure everyones mobile phones work over there!

It's good fun abroad in a crowd. :)

BB

russ100
22-06-06, 12:15 AM

Sorry mate, but I gotta laugh... you do look gay in that picture! ;D ;D

Load up the cannon ... here comes some more human ammunition ..... ;D

bazzashazza
22-06-06, 11:27 AM
Mmm, I was just thinking the same James! If you do go abroad as a bunch just make sure everyones mobile phones work over there!

It's good fun abroad in a crowd. :)

BB

hmmm thats probably what those italians were thinking "lets ride in a big group in england and see how slowly we can go.... it's bound to be loads of fun when they're desperately trying to get home to watch the footbal! " ;D