PDA

View Full Version : Need a rear>>

onfire23
21-06-06, 03:42 PM
BT014 Tyre for my CBR1000RR. Best price..fitted?

Scott_W
21-06-06, 03:44 PM
I originally replied mentioning Gav's lot, but now I've found the thread with his details on it I'm confused. :-/

How come you are asking this question when you seem to talk about them here (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1146500895/0#0) and rate them highly? :-/ ::)

onfire23
21-06-06, 04:12 PM
No harm in fishing around for a cheaper deal, would'nt you agree? ;)

Scott_W
21-06-06, 04:31 PM
Depends really - if you were so impressed by Gav's lot then stick with what you know. You'd only save a fiver or so I guess by shopping around, and then you won't know what their service will be like so it might be a gamble.

Mac
21-06-06, 05:20 PM
Why stick with original rubber?
Try Diablos...everyone rates them.
They will be my next choice on my bike... (whatever that bike be)

onfire23
21-06-06, 05:33 PM
I agree Mac ;), getting my new rear next week, once I have gone through my new rear in another 1500 miles my front will be due for a change. Will go back for a pair of Diablo's

SkyJawa
21-06-06, 11:44 PM
My next rubber will be Durex.. oops I mean Pilot Power's ;D

The new Michi's are getting raved on everything I've read and tyre tests are putting them above all the other main contenders :o

GixerBoy
21-06-06, 11:55 PM
Well having tried most of the latest sports tyres on the market I personely rate the new Metzeler M3 as the best road/track day tyre compromise and as i'm the fastest guy here.........Sorry,thought my name was Gav for a minute.......Silly me...... ;D ;D ;) ::)
Hang on a minute,my names GixerBoy and i am the fastest.....Thank f**k for that! 8-)
Plus........I'm getting nearly 3k out of a rear....... 8-) :P

Ps.Was drunk when I wrote this...... :o
PPs.Still true tho'! ;)

R1chie
21-06-06, 11:57 PM
My next rubber will be Durex.. oops I mean Pilot Power's ;D

The new Michi's are getting raved on everything I've read and tyre tests are putting them above all the other main contenders :o

Neil.........got those bad boys on my 636.

Best £200 I've ever spent

SkyJawa
22-06-06, 10:35 AM
Good one mate - keep hearing that from everyone who's used em!

onfire23
22-06-06, 10:42 AM
Well having tried most of the latest sports tyres on the market I personely rate the new Metzeler M3 as the best road/track day tyre compromise and as i'm the fastest guy here.........Sorry,thought my name was Gav for a minute.......Silly me...... ;D ;D ;) ::)
Hang on a minute,my names GixerBoy and i am the fastest.....Thank f**k for that! 8-)

Certainly very Encourageable.. :-[ ;)

Mac
22-06-06, 11:07 AM
3k out of rear...sounds about right....

Gav
23-06-06, 09:26 PM

PPs.Still true tho'! ;)
No you got ya niame right and at no point have i ever said i was the fastest here, or anything along those lines.

Letrs get summin very clear though seeing as your so full of it....
Put it on the track where it counts an lets see the outcome, but im thinking you should ask around first with the people that have ridden on track with me before possibly making yourself look very silly.
I ride in the advanceed group and keep pace with no problems, very different to how i ride on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onfire23
23-06-06, 10:36 PM
Gav, you still going to Silverstone, meet you in the advanced! [smiley=lolk.gif] ;)

Gav
24-06-06, 01:58 AM
Should be fella

GixerBoy
24-06-06, 06:39 AM

PPs.Still true tho'! ;)
No you got ya niame right and at no point have i ever said i was the fastest here, or anything along those lines.

Letrs get summin very clear though seeing as your so full of it....
Put it on the track where it counts an lets see the outcome, but im thinking you should ask around first with the people that have ridden on track with me before possibly making yourself look very silly.
I ride in the advanceed group and keep pace with no problems, very different to how i ride on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now here we see the classic climb down.........
For the past few months,Poor Little Gav has been telling anyone who would listen that he can/will beat The Mighty GixerBoy when he next see's him on the road.......Not that the GixerBoy had ever laid down any challenge at this point or even new who 'Gav' was......
Now that said GixerBoy has kicked Poor Little Gav's arse (on the road) FOUR times,PLG's now bigging himself up again,to try and regain some dignity no doubt,this time he's trying to scare TMGB with his tales of prowess in the 'fast' group on track days........Puulease!
What he's not saying here is TMGB had already spoken to PLG a few weeks ago and told him to turn up to the 2nd July's track day and we'd sort it out there.......
So,to sum up,the only person here who has done everything he said he would is GB......The only person here who has not is PLG.......So who's really full of it???

*This WILL be the last post on this subject on Wiltshire Bikers Forums.......All future comments will be made via PM's.*

GixerBoy (Mod)

Scott_W
24-06-06, 10:36 AM
As GB said that all subsequent posts will be made via PM I'm locking this thread.