PDA

View Full Version : S & M

onfire23
24-06-06, 11:21 AM
Q: Does anyone wear full leathers and a Back Protector, I know I do.
Problem might be perceived more protection the safer you feel leads to false sense of security, try riding your bike with t- shirt\shorts... then full leathers\back protector. would not recommend the t- shirt\shorts (Health & Safety)

Will come in handy if one put's their bike down the road at Silverstone, high chance on road and track. 8-)

Not meaning to Provoke honest, reality check maybe :-/

Might take an airbag suit just in case Lol!

Oh moral of the story...I leave that up to you ;)

b_1_rd
24-06-06, 11:35 AM
They've trialled exactly this subject in a number of magazines and have proven that riders do ride more conservatively when wearing less 'protection'. I wouldn't like to try it myself, but if someone wants to ride in t-shirt etc, that’s up to them. Basically, IMHO, if you drop a bike, it's gonna hurt anyway, it just depends how much!

GixerBoy
24-06-06, 11:45 AM
Q: Does anyone wear full leathers and a Back Protector, I know I do.
Problem might be perceived more protection the safer you feel leads to false sense of security, try riding your bike with t- shirt\shorts... then full leathers\back protector. would not recommend the t- shirt\shorts (Health & Safety)

Will come in handy if one put's their bike down the road at Silverstone, high chance on road and track. 8-)

Not meaning to Provoke honest, reality check maybe :-/

Might take an airbag suit just in case Lol!

Oh moral of the story...I leave that up to you ;)

Two words OF......COMMON SENSE...... :-?
Oh,and heres another four.....STATING THE BLEEDING OBVIOUS........Sheeesh....... :-[

onfire23
24-06-06, 03:06 PM
Maybe it is stating the obvious, that is the point of opinions we all have one and they're generally differnet to what is obvious.
;) 8-)

GixerBoy
24-06-06, 05:02 PM
I think you should really give people more credit than that OF.....Most of the people I've met on here are very sensible and intelligent....... :o
And as for giving your opinion and dishing out advice,leave that to people who actually know what they are talking about..........And that is not you my friend........More listening and less talking me thinks...... :P

GB. (Mod)

Ps. Oh,try using the spell check as well,would make things so much easier for the rest of us....... :o

R1chie
24-06-06, 06:34 PM
I don't wear one..............personal choice at the end of the day

p.s. GE..........that spell check isn't used enough is it? or is that staiting the obvious ;) ;D

GixerBoy
24-06-06, 06:41 PM
Huh,bloody spell check....Rubbish! :o ::) :'(

ChantelleT
24-06-06, 06:53 PM
My old man went pillion on his mates triumph tiger 500 wearing just jeans and a tshirt. His mate lost it on a bend only doing 30mph, my dad was trapped under the bike on gravel, took out a couple of saplings and ended up hanging over a railway line..... He took off all the skin from his waist to his armpit, broke 4 ribs and is still has gravel in his side (which you can see)
From that moment my dad has only ever worn full leathers no matter how hot it is. Just shows something like that makes you relise how vunerable you are! :o

Foo
24-06-06, 07:48 PM
I always wear leathers but only ever wear a back protector on the track, probably stupid as I'm more likely to hurt myself on the road. Maybe I'll buy a more comfortable one for the road as I wear a dainese at the moment and it's the most uncomfortable thing I've ever known.

Tommy
24-06-06, 11:11 PM
What about removing all seat belts and air bags from cars and mounting an 8 inch sharpened stainless steel spike on the centre of the steering wheel! Just a thought!

b_1_rd
24-06-06, 11:21 PM
Why stainless? ;)

Tommy
24-06-06, 11:26 PM
Just letting my imagination run away with me nice and shinny with a glint in the sun!

b_1_rd
24-06-06, 11:42 PM
;D

Gav
25-06-06, 12:17 AM
I think you should really give people more credit than that OF.....Most of the people I've met on here are very sensible and intelligent....... :o
And as for giving your opinion and dishing out advice,leave that to people who actually know what they are talking about..........And that is not you my friend........More listening and less talking me thinks...... :P

GB. (Mod)

Ps. Oh,try using the spell check as well,would make things so much easier for the rest of us....... :o
hmmmmmmm

HC8
27-06-06, 03:34 PM
Must admit I always pull out the protector stuff as it feels too stiff and awkward to ride in.

I see how having them would make that much difference as years ago at the national rally thingy i was riding late into the night with normal leathers on and a waterproof - I crashed my Duc and bounced of the footpeg - no bones broken but had mashed up insides - I'm now minus a spleen and kidney and can't see how protectors would have made a difference as the foot went between my ribs where they don't cover.