PDA

View Full Version : Crescent/Rizla Suzuki BSB Bikes Stolen!

Scott_W
05-07-06, 11:41 AM
Rizla Suzuki bikes stolen from Croft – £10,000 reward for return

BOTH of Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne’s Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000K6 race bikes were stolen last night from a locked garage at the Croft circuit in North Yorkshire. Rizla Suzuki is offering a £10,000 reward for their safe return.

The bikes were garaged in preparation for the start of the official MCRCB two day test at the circuit, due to start this morning. The team left the circuit at around 20:00 and returned at 8:00 this morning to find the garage door open and the two bikes missing along with parts and accessories. Airwaves Ducati and Redbull Honda also had parts stolen last night. The police and circuit security have been called to the scene and an investigation is underway.

Rizla Suzuki Team Manager Robert Wicks said: “The priority now is to try and recover these stolen bikes. They are two very distinctive Rizla Suzuki race bikes littered with hand-made parts and marked accessories that are useless to anyone bar a Superbike race team. Even if the bikes are broken down the parts will remain identifiable and we will do everything within our power to trace them.

“We are giving our full co-operation to the police to find these bikes and bring the thieves to justice. The team is offering a reward of £10,000 to anyone who can help the police with their investigation that leads to the bikes being recovered and the thieves successfully prosecuted. Anyone with any information or suspicion should contact 01202-820170. Alternatively they can call the police direct.”

The theft of the bikes scuppers the two day test for Shakey and the team. “Shakey’s bikes were tailored to suit him with one-off fitments and hand-built engines that took months to complete,” explained Robert. “To replace these will be immensely difficult, it sets us and Shakey back a long way.

“The thieves who have stolen these bikes are not fans of the sport or friends to motorcycling in any way, they are simply thieves. I urge anyone with information to come forward and expose these thieves for the good of the team, Shakey and the legions of BSB and race fans in this country.”

If you have any information on the whereabouts of the stolen bikes please call Darlington Police on 0845-6060365 or Rizla Suzuki direct on 01202-820170 or e-mail any information to pressoffice@rizla-suzuki.co.uk. Any information supplied in confidence will remain in confidence.

b_1_rd
05-07-06, 12:52 PM
Oh no! Geez, if I knew the whereabouts I'd tell them and not take a penny! Bloody parasites (the thief that is not Crescent!)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
05-07-06, 01:00 PM
Oh foook thats not good, cant see the bikes turning up though imo.

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
05-07-06, 01:56 PM
I reckon it was you bro, with all of these track days you are doing! Have you got some farings to re-panel your gixer mate after your offs!!!!????!!!!

Scott_W
05-07-06, 02:16 PM
The fairing will be coming off soon and being sent to a place in Reading that repairs them (well fingers crossed they will be able to... I've been told by others that it should be OK).

I'm just deciding whether to do it now or wait until the end of the summer. I'll be giving them a ring to see how long it will take, and if it's only a week or so I will get it done now and possibly just ride around on a naked streetfighter styleeeeeeeeeee Gixer! ;D

The levers should be turning up today and I'm hoping to have ordered the new exhaust by the end of the week. I just need to straighten a bracket out that holds the exhaust in place (down below the fairing) as this is not allowing me to fit the std exhaust back on at the moment.

As for the BSB bikes, that's a real gutter for those boys! But I can't work out why they weren't left in the transporter(s) overnight!?! Anyway, that's certainly going to mess things up for Shakey/JH.

GixerBoy
05-07-06, 02:42 PM
You having them done in at Plastec in Reading Scott?

Scott_W
05-07-06, 03:15 PM
That's where I had thought about.... you heard anything about them?

GixerBoy
05-07-06, 03:23 PM
All my boys go there,fantastic job but they do usually have a 6 week lead time in the summer,best give them a call mate....... 0118 957 4577.

Scott_W
05-07-06, 03:36 PM
Ta... that's good to hear!

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
05-07-06, 04:01 PM
Well its one less bike for Hayden to bin, oooooooops did I say that out loud. Sorry ;)

R1chie
05-07-06, 04:34 PM
the theives obviously couldn't get into the Hawk Kawasaki garage and so decided to nick second best

Scott_W
05-07-06, 04:43 PM
V. good Richie! ;D

You's definitely wasted in the army! :P

b_1_rd
05-07-06, 04:49 PM
the theives obviously couldn't get into the Hawk Kawasaki garage and so decided to nick second best

agreed :)

GixerBoy
05-07-06, 05:29 PM
More like just 'a waster' eh Scott! ;D ;D ;)

R1chie
05-07-06, 05:56 PM
V. good Richie! ;D

You's definitely wasted in the army! :P

true....true

More like just 'a waster' eh Scott! ;D ;D ;)

OI!!! Edmonds!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GixerBoy
05-07-06, 06:55 PM
MR. Edmonds to you,you Tamada wannabe!! :D ;D ;)

Scott_W
07-07-06, 09:18 AM
Update......

Shakey’s race bikes recovered

RIZLA SUZUKI has recovered both of Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne’s stolen GSX-R1000 race bikes.
Working in conjunction with the North Yorkshire police, the team received information leading to the whereabouts of the bikes which were stolen on Tuesday night from a locked garage at the Croft circuit.

The bikes were safely recovered on Wednesday and one was used by Shakey during the afternoon test session.

Rizla Suzuki Team Manager Robert Wicks said: “The team is delighted to have the bikes back in its possession.

“The theft has cost the team dearly, not least because of the development time lost by Shakey. It has also raised serious questions regarding circuit security at Croft and we will be working closely with the BSB organizers to make sure this cannot happen to us or any other team in the future.

“I would like to thank all the members of the media and the fans of the series who lent us their support after the bikes were stolen. I can promise you that Rizla Suzuki will be stronger as a result of this and we are already looking forward to getting back to the racing at Knockhill next week.”

Shakey on front row pace

RIZLA SUZUKI’S Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne was fourth fastest at the end of the official two-day British Superbike test at Croft in North Yorkshire.

Shakey rode the Rizla Suzuki development fuel cell bike in the morning and set a blistering lap time. He then returned to a standard bike in the afternoon and was just as fast at the 2.12-mile long North Yorkshire circuit.

Leon Haslam on a Ducati was the quickest rider in warm dry conditions. Rizla Suzuki now travels to Knockhill in Scotland for the eighth round of the series on July 16th.

Shakey said: “I am happy with the set up on both bikes I rode today. We worked hard on setting up the fuel cell bike and it is very fast. I tried my normal set-up in the afternoon and matched the time of the development bike which is encouraging. Trying new ideas, parts and settings is what testing is all about and we have learnt a lot these last two days.

“I didn’t use a qualifying tyre which makes my lap times even better in comparison to the riders who did. On race rubber I was keeping pace with Gregorio Lavilla and that’s a good benchmark. I’m happy and the team has plenty of feedback on where I think we can cut lap times further. We’ll be working on that before returning to race here next month.”

Test Times: 1: Leon Haslam (Ducati) 1:19.976, 2: Jonathan Rea (Honda) +0.217, 3: Gregorio Lavilla (Ducati) +0.648, 4: SHANE BYRNE (RIZLA SUZUKI) +0.942, 5: Michael Rutter (Honda) +1.112, 6: Michael Laverty (Honda) +1.484.