PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Revisited

onfire23
05-07-06, 10:53 PM
Having done only one Track Day. 8-)

I am going to buy a secondhand roadbike to modify for the track.

Don't fancy throwing my Fireplace down the road. :'( :'(

:-/Not sure what I am going to get? Ninja 6\9, R6, Gixer 600\750, CBR600 as long as its F.I. & cheap!

R1chie
06-07-06, 08:09 AM
how cheap is cheap?

onfire23
06-07-06, 08:40 AM
2-3k hopefully lot less <<<<< not worried about plastic's damage ;)

Dabz
06-07-06, 09:08 AM
1200 bandit? ;)

onfire23
06-07-06, 09:11 AM
1200 bandit? ;)
:o;D ;D ;D ;D
Sure it would do the job...just a tad to heavy for me :'( :'(
;)

rex_the_sprocket
06-07-06, 09:47 AM
for that kind of money you could get a nice Gixer 750 cos they are a real track tool and there are plenty of spares around.

Make sure you get spare wheels with wets in the deal

onfire23
06-07-06, 09:51 AM
for that kind of money you could get a nice Gixer 750 cos they are a real track tool and there are plenty of spares around.

Make sure you get spare wheels with wets in the deal

Yeah i have been looking at the gixer 750's on ebay, trying to find a FI model! 8-)

Thanks for that ;)

R1chie
06-07-06, 12:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-636-TRACK-RACE-BIKE-BLACK_W0QQitemZ270004500174QQihZ017QQcategoryZ9807 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-R6-2003-INJECTION-MODEL-TRACK-BIKE-RACE-BIKE_W0QQitemZ110005377999QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9809Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or even

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-Aprilia-RSV-Mille-R-Race-or-Track-bike-Ohlins_W0QQitemZ160002414260QQihZ006QQcategoryZ991 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or try here>>>>>

http://www.mpmotorcycles.co.uk/

they had a couple of 750's the last time i looked. K1's i think

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 02:03 PM
Why does it have to be a fuel injected model OF?

Mac
06-07-06, 02:05 PM
k4 gsxr 750 on ebay for 2500 buy it now...

R1chie
06-07-06, 02:06 PM
for £2500!!!

whats wrong with it?

Mac
06-07-06, 02:10 PM
Nothing stated apart from to contact the owner if u wanna know why...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-SUZUKI-GSXR-750-K4-BLUE-AND-WHITE_W0QQitemZ170005077484QQihZ007QQcategoryZ9808 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Having just re found the link...someones bidded 20k...note name ilovescammers....lmao

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 02:14 PM
Strokers! >:(

onfire23
06-07-06, 02:25 PM

Personal preferance...reliability, easier to tune.. newer technology more reilable oh said that one!
;)

onfire23
06-07-06, 02:28 PM
Most definate a gixer 750 unless anyone can mention anything better and reason's why??

R1chie
06-07-06, 02:34 PM
what about those 2 at mp?

Scott_W
06-07-06, 02:36 PM
This smells a bit like the old knee slider thread you did Tim?! :-/

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 02:40 PM

Personal preferance...reliability, easier to tune.. newer technology more reliable oh said that one!
;)

Sorry mate,all of the above,uh,rubbish! :o
Carb models,very reliable,just as easier to set up (Hope thats what you mean by 'tune' as you won't need any more power)) and carbs are much smoother on and off the throttle than FI..... ;)
Go for a newer model by all means but not for the reasons stated...... :)

onfire23
06-07-06, 02:46 PM

No lost my wooden spoon. :-[

SERIOUSLY looking out for Gixer 750 for track use only!

R1chie
06-07-06, 02:51 PM

onfire23
06-07-06, 03:07 PM

Currently bidding on this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110004635370&rd =1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

R1chie
06-07-06, 03:19 PM
i take it you are 'propertymagnet'?

i will be surprised if this goes for less than 3 grand.

good luck though

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 03:22 PM
Reserves........Pain in the fecking ass!!! >:(

R1chie
06-07-06, 03:28 PM
if i had the money, and i wanted something straight away..... i'd get this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-R6-RACE-BIKE-1999_W0QQitemZ270003338888QQihZ017QQcategoryZ9809Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 03:30 PM
Girls bike....... :o ::) ;) :)

Scott_W
06-07-06, 03:31 PM

good luck though

I reckon he is indeed "propertymagnet" going by items he's recently bought.... a quick action throttle for a Blade kinda confirms it for me anyway!

R1chie
06-07-06, 03:35 PM
Girls bike....... :o ::) ;) :)

there you go Tim!! Edmonds obviously knows the person who is selling it

good luck though

I reckon he is indeed "propertymagnet" going by items he's recently bought.... a quick action throttle for a Blade kinda confirms it for me anyway!

lol yeah.............i was kind of hoping he was 'pizzalady' lol

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 03:38 PM

good luck though

All he needs now is a 'quick action brain' to go with it....Sorry,coudn't resist! ;D ;D ;D

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 03:40 PM
You know I was talking about the R6 BratBoy!! ::) :D ;)

R1chie
06-07-06, 03:52 PM
You know I was talking about the R6 BratBoy!! ::) :D ;)

might have been ;) 8-)

Scott_W
06-07-06, 03:53 PM
Lol @ "pizzalady" Rich! Out of interest Tim, what do you do with Property to be a magnet for them?

onfire23
06-07-06, 04:01 PM
I own properties which I let 8-)

onfire23
06-07-06, 04:19 PM

good luck though

Not sure if I am willing to go up to 3k + will use bid catcher jobbie with my highest bid. Willing to wait 8-)

Sinz1000K3
06-07-06, 05:21 PM
Fireplaceman has seen the way forward..GSXR power! :)

onfire23
06-07-06, 05:28 PM
I agree nothing out there reliable in the 750 class for the track! ;D ;D 8-)

Mac
06-07-06, 05:30 PM
Isnt it the only bike??

onfire23
06-07-06, 05:52 PM
No loads more.... narrowing it down a bit R6 -r1 keeps creeping up! its alot down to monies after buying the bike
8-)

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 05:55 PM
Dum ass,he means the Gixer750 is the only viable bike in the '750' class...... ::) :D ;)
Actualy,I think a 600 would be a better bet for you OF,you're not gonna use the power of 'even a 750'........ :oYou know it makes sense!! ;)

onfire23
06-07-06, 06:01 PM
Ducati? crap make 750?

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 06:04 PM
Go to a dictionary,and look up the word 'viable'........You don't half ask for it muppet boy! ::)

onfire23
06-07-06, 06:24 PM
:o

rex_the_sprocket
06-07-06, 07:01 PM
Hey Tim I just noticed your piccie - did you run over some wet cardboard or something??

GixerBoy
06-07-06, 07:05 PM
Ha ha,don't look right eh Rex...... ;)

onfire23
06-07-06, 09:42 PM
Hey Tim I just noticed your piccie - did you run over some wet cardboard or something??

Perhaps if you where there you would of found out how OF deals with wet cardboard Aprillia's ;)!

If you want to go racing >>>> please let me know! 8-)

;D ;D ;D ;D

R1chie
06-07-06, 10:03 PM

Perhaps if you where there you would of found out how OF deals with wet cardboard Aprillia's ;)!

;D ;D ;D ;D

scalectrix? ;)

onfire23
06-07-06, 10:20 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

scalectrix? ;)

Thanks Richie made me laugh!!! Good answer...

Thought more in the lines of Greyhound ;)

onfire23
06-07-06, 10:35 PM
Ha ha,don't look right eh Rex...... ;)

http://www.revs-online.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/tempt.gif

rex_the_sprocket
07-07-06, 08:46 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D
I appear to have wet myself with fear and anticipation.

If your idea of racing is taking the completely wrong lines through corners and coming out of them slower than you went in, putting yourself and other road users in danger, then hoping that you can make up the difference in the straights................then I am not your man for a race.

Scott_W
07-07-06, 09:11 AM

If your idea of racing is taking the completely wrong lines through corners and coming out of them slower than you went in, putting yourself and other road users in danger, then hoping that you can make up the difference in the straights................then I am not your man for a race.

And this is the point that many people are trying to tell Tim....... lets just hope he listens!

GixerBoy
08-07-06, 07:14 AM
And down he goes.............BANG! :'(

Gav
08-07-06, 10:57 AM
R6 would be a good start, but then any of the 600 class will do the job on the track if set up properly.
A GSXR750 again is a good tract tool, but are going to demand a higher price.
Ducati 748.....stonking track tool, what it lacks in power it makes up for in cornering ability and brakes.....but are not the most reliable of bikes to choose from.

For the sort of money you are looking at spending you could get a cheap R1, prob not a GSXR100 as they still hold a good pricve at the moment.

GixerBoy
08-07-06, 11:53 AM
Tim,how about buying something slightly cheaper and doing what i said weeks ago and that is booking yourself into the Cal Superbike School for some professional tution (I'm going back to race school myself)......Just look at the comments on this thread,says it all really doesn't it........Better start listening Timbo.......And buy an already modded 600 for gods sake,anything else is a waste of money!

GB. :)

onfire23
08-07-06, 05:19 PM

And this is the point that many people are trying to tell Tim....... lets just hope he listens!

Scott Please remind me who crashed their bike not once but twice at Silverstone.
Kettle Black! ;)

onfire23
08-07-06, 05:20 PM
Tim,how about buying something slightly cheaper and doing what i said weeks ago and that is booking yourself into the Cal Superbike School for some professional tution (I'm going back to race school myself)......Just look at the comments on this thread,says it all really doesn't it........Better start listening Timbo.......And buy an already modded 600 for gods sake,anything else is a waste of money!

GB. :)

I totally agree GB 8-)

onfire23
08-07-06, 05:43 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

:oStrange heard these type of stereotypical comments from you about several over riders :o

rex_the_sprocket
08-07-06, 06:11 PM
Tim - i just wrote an extremely long and highly charged response to you because you so need a wake up call....................but I decided to delete it because I would be wasting my breath.

Scott_W
08-07-06, 07:20 PM
Scott Please remind me who crashed their bike not once but twice at Silverstone.Kettle Black! ;)

Tim, perhaps if you'd knackered a front tyre like I had you might have. However, how many times were you a mobile chicane for people out there? I know you were for quite a few people.....

onfire23
08-07-06, 08:02 PM
Scott Please remind me who crashed their bike not once but twice at Silverstone.Kettle Black! ;)

Tim, perhaps if you'd knackered a front tyre like I had you might have. However, how many times were you a mobile chicane for people out there? I know you were for quite a few people.....

Bike \ Rider hmmmmmmm Riding on a track with a knackered front wheel, should you have been on the track in the first instance ;) Putting other's at risk!

onfire23
08-07-06, 08:06 PM
Tim - i just wrote an extremely long and highly charged response to you because you so need a wake up call....................but I decided to delete it because I would be wasting my breath.

Suggest you think about what you're saying ..before trying to slate other riders. Perhaps I am wasting my breath. ;)

Scott_W
08-07-06, 08:06 PM
I only found out once I'd been down the road that the tyre was knackered.... :P

onfire23
08-07-06, 08:09 PM
I only found out once I'd been down the road that the tyre was knackered.... :P

Did you not check you bike as metioned in the briefing..Then a second time?

Scott_W
08-07-06, 08:12 PM
Tim, yes I did. However, when somebody goes around track at speed they generate heat in their tyres. This heat is what caused me to fall off as the tyre had got too hot. That's definitely something that couldn't be said about yours!

Yet, the picture in your avatar just shows you rode over a lot of rubber left on the track so why have it as an avatar?

onfire23
08-07-06, 08:22 PM
Tim, yes I did. However, when somebody goes around track at speed they generate heat in their tyres. This heat is what caused me to fall off as the tyre had got too hot. That's definitely something that couldn't be said about yours!

Yet, the picture in your avatar just shows you rode over a lot of rubber left on the track so why have it as an avatar?

Scott from previous posts there seems to be a inferance of personal attacks from you, not that I am bothered (pinch of salt). Just need to take a look at what you are actually saying. As you know I lost my wooden spoon quite some time ago 8-)

Oh the picture is actually the right hand side of my tyre, remember some of us where going clockwise around the track ;D ;D ;)

Did'nt realise the Avatar police are on patrol. :o

GIXER_PAUL
08-07-06, 10:58 PM
to be fair from what i could see and hearing other peoples comments within the pits it didnt look like your skill on the track was that great, so maybe you should take some of the advice people are giving you, Scott isnt trying to make himself out to be some sort off track god, and he wasnt also the one in the pits going on about how he should be in the intermediates and most people laughing at him.
Just an observation :)

GIXER_PAUL
08-07-06, 11:27 PM
Scott from previous posts there seems to be a inferance of personal attacks from you, not that I am bothered (pinch of salt). Just need to take a look at what you are actually saying. As you know I lost my wooden spoon quite some time ago 8-)

So your comment about scott dropping his wasnt a personal interferance then?????? This wasnt the subject of the thread so i think its a case of pot kettle black now isnt it............

Amante_271
08-07-06, 11:31 PM
HEY GUYS!!!!CALM DOWN!!!!

I know Im only a cage driver at the moment but the last section of posts if they were said face to face WOULD of resulted in blows being thrown!!!!

NOBODY out there is (dispite what ever they think!) is perfect! Iknow Im f*cking not! PLEASE dont let our personal views and beliefs come between making GOOD and DECENT friends on here!

Dare I say at best/worst agree to differ in your opinions, and metophorically, kiss and make up!

PLEASE!!

Scott_W
08-07-06, 11:49 PM
Tim, to be honest, it's not a personal dig at you. What people are trying to get across to you is that you are an accident statistic waiting to happen at the moment. Yes I dropped the bike as Silverstone, but at the end of the day, that's all that happened and I've walked away from it fine and the bike just needs some minor repair.

From what I've seen of you on the road/track, and from what I've heard, you need to listen to people on here (not me) and take on board what they are saying. I've been on an advanced riding course today and I've learnt a bucket load, so for me, I'm out to learn how I should ride a bike properly, and at the same time be safe. You on the other hand do not appear to be doing anything about improving your knowledge, experience, and more importantly bike control. Have you booked yourself in for any training courses? If not, I seriously recommend you speak to the guys at Rapid Training as they will soon teach you that you are not (and again, this is not directed at you) the Rossi or similar riding god that we all think we are. My instructor was on a TDM850 and he can easily show people on Gixers, Blades, etc... that it's not all about what bike you are own/ride, but about how you read/ride the road.

Again, this advice may fall on deaf ears, and if it does then so be it. I want to enjoy riding a bike for as long as I can, and therefore I'm doing things to make sure this happens.

Now if you think there are personal insults flying, etc... then PM and we can chat about it offline, or if you make it to the Ace Cafe next week and if I'm there, feel free to chat to me about it then.

onfire23
08-07-06, 11:58 PM

So your comment about scott dropping his wasnt a personal interferance then?????? This wasnt the subject of the thread so i think its a case of pot kettle black now isnt it............

Thanks for your comments, I am sure Scott is big enough to fight his own corner.
BTW not once did I say in any shape or form that I should join the intermed's. I did say Gav asked me to join him in the intermed's. Which I politely refused as I quote ' I am nowhere near to be ready for that group.

onfire23
09-07-06, 12:09 AM
Tim, to be honest, it's not a personal dig at you. What people are trying to get across to you is that you are an accident statistic waiting to happen at the moment. Yes I dropped the bike as Silverstone, but at the end of the day, that's all that happened and I've walked away from it fine and the bike just needs some minor repair.

From what I've seen of you on the road/track, and from what I've heard, you need to listen to people on here (not me) and take on board what they are saying. I've been on an advanced riding course today and I've learnt a bucket load, so for me, I'm out to learn how I should ride a bike properly, and at the same time be safe. You on the other hand do not appear to be doing anything about improving your knowledge, experience, and more importantly bike control. Have you booked yourself in for any training courses? If not, I seriously recommend you speak to the guys at Rapid Training as they will soon teach you that you are not (and again, this is not directed at you) the Rossi or similar riding god that we all think we are. My instructor was on a TDM850 and he can easily show people on Gixers, Blades, etc... that it's not all about what bike you are own/ride, but about how you read/ride the road.

Again, this advice may fall on deaf ears, and if it does then so be it. I want to enjoy riding a bike for as long as I can, and therefore I'm doing things to make sure this happens.

Now if you think there are personal insults flying, etc... then PM and we can chat about it offline, or if you make it to the Ace Cafe next week and if I'm there, feel free to chat to me about it then.

Thank you Scott for your totally unfounded display of my riding! And encouragement of general slating people for no apparent reasons apart from personal gain...is quite childish!

Prime example you are. Not impressed by your behaviour on the forum. wooden spoon!

Scott_W
09-07-06, 12:16 AM
Why is it that quite a few people on here have the same opinion of your riding? It's not just me who thinks it/says it (as this thread has proven) so what is the common factor here? I have got nothing to gain out of this thread so I'm locking it now as it's going no-where and as I said, PM me and we can chat about it offline.