PDA

View Full Version : have negotiated a part exchange...unsure though!

Dabz
07-07-06, 04:14 PM
just negotiated a good price for part exchanging the bandit for a t'cat...managed to talk the guy into offering £450 more than he originally offered for my bandit (which is a bit worrying?). it's the colour scheme I want, an S reg so a few years older than I wanted (1 year older than the bandit too), but 22k on the clock. it;s a bit tatty, needs a good clean, new front mudguard and some new bolts in places where they've gone rusty. has 2 new tyres, double bubble screen, micron can though

dunno whether to go for it though..the only thing putting me off is the tattyness and the age

http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/4e/bd/16_3.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/78/07/f9_3.JPG

Scott_W
07-07-06, 04:22 PM
Well done! You'll certainly enjoy the ThunderCat!

Dabz
07-07-06, 04:23 PM
but why was he so quick to offer me £450 more for the bandit? does he want rid of this cat quickly, or was he just trying to take the piss the 1st time round?

Scott_W
07-07-06, 04:25 PM
Not sure - have you taken it for a test ride?

I wouldn't let the age bother you too much. Ours was an R reg and nothing went wrong with it.

Dabz
07-07-06, 04:29 PM
not yet, hoping to broach the subject with Paul tonight (about selling his previous pride & joy!) and maybe ride up there for a teat tomorrow

Scott_W
07-07-06, 04:32 PM
Do a quick search on Biketrader, etc.. for 1200 Bandits and see what they are going for. This should at least give you an idea on whether or not you've been sold short on yours.

Dabz
07-07-06, 04:38 PM
he's offered a reasonable price for it (£135 below book price but it has higher mileage than normal) after the haggling...its just odd how quickly he agreed

Scott_W
07-07-06, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't read too much in to it. Just so long as he's got all of the supporting documents/receipts, etc.. I wouldn't be so worried.

Sinz1000K3
07-07-06, 07:31 PM
If you are a little unsure get a inspection done before you part cash.

Steev
07-07-06, 08:09 PM
Hey dabz, use this site to price both bikes, its what those in the trade use aparently.

good luck mate, some times once you know what you should be looking for, then you can trust your gut feelings.

Steev

bazzashazza
07-07-06, 10:37 PM
i agree with these guys... check the list price of ur bike - i let mine go for less than it was worth and i will always regret it, plus don't let ur desire for the t'cat overcloud ur judgment!

Dabz
07-07-06, 11:02 PM
going to see it tomorrow, I'm taking Paul with me so that there's someone who knows more than I do hehe. will let you all know if it turns out the be a lemon hehe

SkyJawa
08-07-06, 12:45 PM
Thats just what they do with PX's I wouldn't worry.

The bike can be cleaned up easy enough - go for it :D

Dabz
09-07-06, 09:20 AM
well it was a complete and utter heap of poo. every panel was either chipped or scratched, it was covered in rust and corrosion, dead battery, broken fairing underneath, chipped screen, been dropped AND previous owner had come off it, had rust spots on the tank...would've cost more than the bike to put right.

they even offered a straight swap for the bandit, but only because they're trying to shift the POS :P

was a good 150 mile round trip though, had a play on the way there andended up playing catch-up to paul for most of the way lol - he'll overtake when there's no hance to overtake!

bazzashazza
09-07-06, 10:26 AM
the way you're talking about this bike sounds like you're about to make a big mistake... does it have to be this bike, don't you think you should shop around a bit more? be careful!!

Dabz
09-07-06, 01:08 PM
don't worry, there's no way I'd touch that particular bikw with a barge pole...they've have to PAY me to ride that one in public