PDA

View Full Version : Hornets nest!

Amante_271
12-07-06, 07:40 AM
I DONT want to stir up a HUGE hornets nest of problems but.....

Ive noticed that Onfire23 (AKA Tim) is now an Ex-member!

I PRESUME this is in connection to the "heated exchanges" posted on Silverstone revisited and other related threads.

Was he pushed or did he jump? Whats the situation as altho I never met him face to face (the joys of the interweb!) I personally found he was helpfull with advice on my trip to Cornwall & he also let me have a copy of MS Office pro.

I dont want to cause any trouble/problems just curious thats all.

(Goes and runs for the corner clutching tin hat just incase!)

Nokesy
12-07-06, 08:12 AM
I have to agree - I noticed that yesterday and wondered what it was all about! But he's also on list for official WB rideout on Sunday - maybe we could combine a farewell party for him??!!

ginguar
12-07-06, 08:14 AM
Don't jump the gun here...apparently he accidently deleted his account when he was playing with it. Bit daft really ;)

GixerBoy
12-07-06, 11:24 AM
Presumed wrong Amante,Jess is correct......I'm sure we'll see OF again.....
You must have picked up OF's wooden spoon before he left eh Andrew... ::) ;)

BB
12-07-06, 01:12 PM
Presumed wrong Amante,Jess is correct......I'm sure we'll see OF again.....
You must have picked up OF's wooden spoon before he left eh Andrew... ::) ;)

I think you are right about the wooden spoon GB, it's interesting Amante has never commented about the two others who have gone 'ex-member' in the last couple of months! ::)

BB

R1chie
12-07-06, 01:23 PM
who's that then BB?

only one i've noticed not on the site recently is the girl patterson

Scott_W
12-07-06, 01:31 PM
Redvee was one Richie....

BB
12-07-06, 01:32 PM
Aimee is still a member. It was I think AKA Badders? and Redvee I noticed. Not many bother to go 'ex member - they just don't bother to post anymore! We have loads with zero or 1 or 2 posts on the list

BB

Dabz
12-07-06, 01:40 PM
where is aimee then? anyone know?

OF managed to downgrade himself and I can't find any way to upgrade him again. from what I hear he's not too happy at just creating a new account because he would have gone from platinum member to newbie.

incidently does anyone have his email address? if so, please PM me

R1chie
12-07-06, 01:48 PM
AKA Badders????
Redvee???

Never heard of them guvernor nevermind seeing ex-member next to their name. I've searched high and low for a button that OF might have pressed to give himself 'ex-member' status but i can't find one

Scott_W
12-07-06, 01:52 PM
I've searched high and low for a button that OF might have pressed to give himself 'ex-member' status but i can't find one

When you go to edit your profile it's on the first page (Edit Profile) you are taken to. Look at the bottom of the screen.

R1chie
12-07-06, 02:00 PM
so he pressed 'Delete User' by mistake????????????

deserves to be a newbie for that kind of schoolboy error!! lol

is there no "are you sure you want to delete user" windows that pop up?

(was going to try it but thought against it lol)

Scott_W
12-07-06, 02:17 PM
Richie, I've just created a test account to test this and a pop up window does pop up asking for confirmation that you want to delete your account.

R1chie
12-07-06, 02:31 PM
Richie, I've just created a test account to test this and a pop up window does pop up asking for confirmation that you want to delete your account.

hmmm..........interesting (in a rubbing of the chin type way)

b_1_rd
12-07-06, 06:19 PM
No controversy then.....Boooooo ;)

BB
12-07-06, 06:33 PM
[quote author=ninja_richie - so he pressed 'Delete User' by mistake????????????

deserves to be a newbie for that kind of schoolboy error!! lol - quote]

I thought OF was a computer geek? odd sort of 'mistake' to make!

Amante_271
12-07-06, 11:55 PM
WOW!!!!

Thought it was a hornets nest and boy was I ever right! :(

I DIDNT mean to cause any problems, I was as I said, just concerned as to what had happened to him.

I was "close" (in a platonic sence!!) to Tim as he had been kind enough to help me with advice and technical knowhow and software, let alone local dialect slang! - Thanks again mate! - and I wasnt as close to the others who had dropped out (no offence meant to them!)

I put 2+2 and made 22ish going on the feeling I was getting from the thread as mentioned. I SERIOUSLY thought that if the people concerned were in the same room there would of been fists thrown! A fact that I posted at the time (altho NOBODY paid attention to me!) I didnt know if some disciplinary action had been taken, hence my comments.

As thats NOT the case I appologise for jumping to possible conclusions.

Welcome back Tim M8! :)

Modified for spelling mistake

SkyJawa
13-07-06, 12:02 PM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/lookehere/faceless%20keyboard%20warrior.jpg

;D

HC8
13-07-06, 01:33 PM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/lookehere/faceless%20keyboard%20warrior.jpg

;D

why does he look like he needs a wee? :)

SkyJawa
13-07-06, 11:28 PM
why does he look like he needs a wee? :)

5 pints and no trips to the loo ;D