PDA

View Full Version : How is the weather affecting you?

R1chie
18-07-06, 05:40 PM
just recently, I've noticed that I'm becoming more and more easily irritated by events/objects which on other occasions I would have accepted and got on with life.

I'm putting this mood change down to the weather (nothing to do with age hopefully)

So today, on the eve of what is going to be the hottest day of the year so far, I've sent off 5 complaints to different companies. These include Highland Spring water, BBC2, Spar, Somerfield and Walkers crisps.

God knows what I'm going to be like tomorrow

So how is the hot weather affecting you folks?? (apart from the obvious like sweating and eating cornetto's)

bazzashazza
18-07-06, 05:52 PM
i think u should go back to the age thing... u haven't been watching grumpy old men on the bbc have u? or is that wot ur writing to them to complain about ;D

ginguar
18-07-06, 06:46 PM
It could be worse. Since I am on garden leave for 3 weeks it's pretty good :)

Scott_W
18-07-06, 07:05 PM
Why have you sent complaints to those companies out of interest?

Dabz
18-07-06, 07:24 PM
i'm just a lot more tired than normal :(

R1chie
18-07-06, 07:32 PM

Highland Spring - trying to get the bloody tops off their 500ml bottles is near on impossible. Fooks me right off

BBC2 - Telling them that Catherine Tate is crap and I hate them for introducing her to the masses

Spar - Utterly useless carrier bags. They bloody split if you just look at them in the wrong way

Somerfield - Prices of their coffee's

Walkers crisps - The small amount of crisps found in their multi-pack packets compared to single packets. Theiving gypo's!!

keithdmclaren
18-07-06, 07:51 PM
The heat does indeed have strange effects on people...I even caught myself wearing a cowboy hat on the weekend...and no, I wasn't at a village people reunion concert! :o

Icey
18-07-06, 08:17 PM
i'm just a lot more tired than normal :(

Likewise. Tired and not really eating alot.

evilkeneval
18-07-06, 09:04 PM
lol, i live those thoughts, though i don't tend watch bbc2. I think the walkers one should front a national campain!

HC8
18-07-06, 10:16 PM

Highland Spring - trying to get the bloody tops off their 500ml bottles is near on impossible. Fooks me right off

BBC2 - Telling them that Catherine Tate is crap and I hate them for introducing her to the masses

Spar - Utterly useless carrier bags. They bloody split if you just look at them in the wrong way

Walkers crisps - The small amount of crisps found in their multi-pack packets compared to single packets. Theiving gypo's!!

pmsl - absolutely impressive! ;D the kind of thing you always want to do but don't Horray for hot weather!

Amante_271
19-07-06, 07:40 AM
So how is the hot weather affecting you folks?? (apart from the obvious like sweating and eating cornetto's)

Senior Management has another valid excuse for eating **** loads of Cornettos.... Its a craving shes got already.... Just found out theres a new arrival on the horizon for next year!! Turns out Horlicks DOESNT send you to sleep quite quick enough!!

Heat wise tho all here have been feeling tired, abit crabby, not hungry and slightly more aromatic, but just been blaming the hormoans!! God knows what her problem is tho! :)

Dabz
19-07-06, 08:39 AM
when I was at college me and my mate used to complain loads and get free stuff - the complaint letters got more and more stupid but still the freebies rolled in :D

the best one was when we couldn't find KP Crisps's website so we emailed walkers instead saying "hula hoops are getting thinner...couldn't find KP website so we're writing to you instead" and they still gave us free crisps :D

Scott_W
19-07-06, 09:02 AM

Superb! You can tell you are from the north! ;) ;D

Icey
19-07-06, 09:26 AM
I have a stupid thunderfly thing INSIDE my flat screen.

If it was winter it wouldnt have happened *grrrr*

kwik
19-07-06, 09:30 AM
Funny thread ;D

Once it gets past 22C, I can't cope - that goes for being abroad as well. I'm very irritable, although had a good day out to Hayling Island on the bike yesterday, with many considerate drivers around. I'm staying in the shade in my garden today whilst doing me homework! If anyone talks to me, I will hit them :)

Carsick
19-07-06, 09:40 AM
i deal with the heat quite well, actually. Unfortunately, the other half does not; this inevitably leads to some rather loud arguments.

SkyJawa
19-07-06, 11:15 AM

Watch it beefy boy >:( :P

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
19-07-06, 11:46 AM
Im ok as long as I am in the office with air con on but when Im in the fitting bay working on hot bikes I get a bit ratty. Drinking a shed load of water and im in and out of the bog every two mins :)

GIXER_PAUL
19-07-06, 12:37 PM

bloody southerners :P ;D

GIXER_PAUL
19-07-06, 12:42 PM
anyway back on topic i dont really like the heat when its like this it means i have to leave the leathers and go out in my t shirt and shorts
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/Jaymawrx/Subaru/Fatboy.jpg

mike
19-07-06, 01:19 PM
How dare you insult Catherine Tate, 'what a f*ckin' liberty!' Is she bovvered?? :)

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
19-07-06, 02:11 PM
Or a photo with Paul in his leathers

http://www.funfry.com/data/535/Fat_Biker_Harely_Funny_Picture-_FunFry_resize.jpg

RVFBabe
19-07-06, 03:46 PM
Wow Bro Paul, you've put on soooo much weight since we last saw you :o ;D

re: topic though, love the sun, but the heat makes me very lethargic

bazzashazza
19-07-06, 04:31 PM
ok u mite be right bout the heat, today on the hottest day of the year the bin men were out to f*** me off on2 seperate journies they blocked the road compltely causing huge jams cos they can't be bothered to walk a few extra metres so the lorry can get out the way of traffic. OH MY GOD THE ROAD RAGE!!!!

GIXER_PAUL
19-07-06, 04:40 PM
Wow Bro Paul, you've put on soooo much weight since we last saw you :o ;D

re: topic though, love the sun, but the heat makes me very lethargic

Well i have been hiding away piggin out abit ::) ;D :o

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 06:39 PM
must say i'm quite enjoying todays weather, it's far better than rain sleet and snow!:)

Icey
19-07-06, 06:49 PM
I'd prefer rain and sleet to this ****e! It sucks.

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 06:51 PM
it's not like this weather ever lasts long anyway. thats why i'm enjoying it while it's here! saying that i've been working 6am till 6pm in fridge!!:D

b_1_rd
19-07-06, 08:12 PM
I'd prefer rain and sleet to this ****e! It sucks.

Are you nuts! It's only heat! ::)

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:14 PM
it's been perfect biking weather. any idea what it's gunna be like saturday?

Icey
19-07-06, 08:15 PM
Comfy or Uncomfy?

I'd rather be comfy and be able to actually go out without feeling like I'm going to collapse in the heat.

I'm a true english person and my body is not designed for this heat, and my pasty white body is staying that way :D

Perfect biking weather if you like to be dripping with sweat under ya leathers :o

Weather on saturday is going to be showers.

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:16 PM
lol, a true english person will complian whatever the weather!:p

my leathers are quite airy so long as i'm not stuck at traffic lights i'm fine in the sun

Icey
19-07-06, 08:17 PM
I love the rain and the snow :D

Autumn is the best season of the year!

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:19 PM
wet leathers are horrible and leaves are leathel> autumn sucks

ChantelleT
19-07-06, 08:20 PM
I love the rain and the snow :D

Autumn is the best season of the year!

Too true, bring on the rain much rather be stuck to me clothes from rain water than being too hot!

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:22 PM
soon you'll be complaining that it's too cold!

HC8
19-07-06, 08:30 PM
Comfy or Uncomfy?

I'd rather be comfy and be able to actually go out without feeling like I'm going to collapse in the heat.

I'm a true english person and my body is not designed for this heat, and my pasty white body is staying that way :D

Perfect biking weather if you like to be dripping with sweat under ya leathers :o

Weather on saturday is going to be showers.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy -

If your really hot just wear a bikini under your leather jacket that way when you stop you got lots of offers to buy you a nice cold drink ;) ;D saying that tho if it were a fit bloke all sweaty ...... there's something about sweaty men ;)

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:33 PM
does this make you in favour of this lovlel weather?

HC8
19-07-06, 08:37 PM
does this make you in favour of this lovlel weather?

of course it does, hot weather, men with no tops, all sweaty ...... ;) ;)

ChantelleT
19-07-06, 08:41 PM
But then you get all the guys with flabby bellies thinking they look good. reminds me of jelly [gags]

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:42 PM
as much as i love the hot weather i can't say i share the same enthusiasum about topless sweaty men!:)

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 08:43 PM
as much as i love the hot weather i can't say i share the same enthusiasum about topless sweaty men!:)
thanks for the mental picture! :-/

damn computers. far to sophisticated for me

Icey
19-07-06, 08:57 PM
I don't own a bikini - I far too tubby for one of those pieces of string!

kwik
19-07-06, 09:57 PM
of course it does, hot weather, men with no tops, all sweaty ...... ;) ;)

:P

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 09:58 PM
why/how can sweaty bodies be attractive?

Icey
19-07-06, 09:59 PM
Greasy overall cladded men yes, but sweaty no.

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 10:08 PM
where do you find "greasy overall cladded men" out of interest?

kwik
19-07-06, 10:08 PM
Well, sweaty 'fit' men, obviously ... it's all manly innit?! Builders, for example :D

Icey
19-07-06, 10:09 PM
Usually under my car ;D

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 10:10 PM
you should stop at zebra crossings!

HC8
19-07-06, 10:39 PM
Greasy overall cladded men yes, but sweaty no.

hmmm now there's something to conjure with ;)

have you noticed how men who have a lot to do with engines/engineering eg mechanics, machinists, drivers etc etc always smell of oil no mater how much they wash or put on lynx (for whatever rubbish effect thats supposed to cause)

evilkeneval
19-07-06, 10:40 PM
i spent 2 years doing mechnics at college. now i smell like ham due to working in a meat factory!

R1chie
19-07-06, 11:03 PM
i spent 2 years doing mechnics at college. now i smell like ham due to working in a meat factory!

you must be 'bacon' in this weather then ;)

b_1_rd
19-07-06, 11:28 PM
[groan] ;D

evilkeneval
20-07-06, 06:25 PM
lol mmmmm bacon

furry
20-07-06, 06:35 PM
made me go out and buy a cabrio to run around in, does that count??? ;D

evilkeneval
20-07-06, 06:50 PM
i wan't one!