What a storm!!!

takes me back to the days when i was in the jungle

monsoon weather

malaria

tigers

grrrrrrrr

ChantelleT
22-07-06, 02:21 PM
i was in sainsburys doin me shopping, just finished paying then all the tills broke. Ran out laughing leaving loads of people stood around cussing (good timing or what) 8-)

Icey
22-07-06, 02:38 PM
;D I was standing watching the Rally cars at CC, got some shelter under the St Johns Ambulance lean to - and then it collapsed soaking us ;D

I blame Dabz - he had his roof down and obviously walked away from his car!

evilkeneval
22-07-06, 03:39 PM
I was in clane trying to seek refuge from it under a garden brollie! Now i'm completly soaked!:(

bazzashazza
22-07-06, 04:51 PM
ha ha, glad i was in such a boring mood today that i couldnt be bothered to go out to calne ;D just unfortunate for me that i have to ride a moped delivering pizzas tonite in this weather :(

nicko600
22-07-06, 06:15 PM
Riding moped for pizza delivery? Looks like rain again tonight!

kwik
22-07-06, 10:06 PM
I was driving upto Bourton-on-the-Water via A429 and oh my god, everything slowed to about 10mph! In 20yrs of driving (when all this were fields) I've never driven in rain that bad.

Good fun though ...

b_1_rd
22-07-06, 10:08 PM
You wanna go live on North East Scotland for a bit then ;)

evilkeneval
22-07-06, 10:23 PM
ha ha bazzashazza! been done that! soaked the t-shirt:)

HC8
23-07-06, 09:30 AM
What a storm!!!

takes me back to the days when i was in the jungle

monsoon weather

malaria

tigers

grrrrrrrr

Was that when you invented curry?

Dabz
23-07-06, 09:31 AM
lol, I managed to put my roof up literally 3 seconds before the heavens opened...didn't stop the french piece of **** leaking and filling my door pockets and drivers seat with water though did it? we had about 25 people under our gazebo at one point lol

went out on track in it too with Kate driving :D

HC8
23-07-06, 09:38 AM
lol, I managed to put my roof up literally 3 seconds before the heavens opened...didn't stop the french piece of **** leaking and filling my door pockets and drivers seat with water though did it? we had about 25 people under our gazebo at one point lol

Don't i had a phone call from a mate yesterday who is such a rank poser he drove to salisbury with the top down on his golf cabriolet, got caught in the rain and didn't even stop to put the roof back down!!! needless to say he couldn't understand why everyone was laughing at him!! ;D ;D

Rod
23-07-06, 12:04 PM
Got the Raptor out, decided it was a bit black as I wheeled it back to the garage down it came >:(
It was so dark I had to use a lead light as well as the garage light to see as I spent the afternoon going over the bike touching up the odd bits of rust in screw heads (sad) and polishing up all the chrome and ally. Went and taxed it for another year, £75 cheaper than the car. But yes it was a spectacular display of lightning.

Rod
23-07-06, 12:07 PM
Read what HC8 said about the car driver with the roof down, we left the front room windows open and gallons of rain blew in and the tv/video/hi-fi plugs and mains box were soaked and shorted :-[

bazzashazza
23-07-06, 02:52 PM
oh dear ;D u live u learn;)

Icey
23-07-06, 06:47 PM

Time to go japanese ;)

Snowy
24-07-06, 06:33 PM
10 mins before leaving for work and the heavens opened. 5 minutes later the kitchen is flooded due to inadequate guttering. Leave wife and kids kitted out with mops and buckets and decide taking the bike to work is not a good idea. Now its horizontal rain and branches coming off trees. In 12 miles I went through 6 floods and several tonnes of gravel deposited on the road by the rain. Then went down the steep newly resurfaced road going from Savernake forest into Marlborough, reflecting on a wise decision to take the car as I swerved all over the loose chippings put down by the council!! What fun - not.