PDA

View Full Version : Gravel

evilkeneval
20-07-06, 10:38 PM
Is anyone else annoyed with some bright sparks idea to replace our roads with gravel?

bazzashazza
20-07-06, 10:54 PM
absolutely! loose gravel is one of my biggest fears when im on the bike

HC8
20-07-06, 11:15 PM
Is anyone else annoyed with some bright sparks idea to replace our roads with gravel?

actually no, If you scoop it up and put it in a bowl, pour some milk over it and eat, it makes a wonderful substitute for a high fibre cereal ;D ;D ;)

SkyJawa
21-07-06, 10:44 AM
Yeah - its flipping ridiculous round here - almost every road has been covered in it.

evilkeneval
22-07-06, 10:42 PM
does anyone know the councils reasoning behing doing this?
personally i feel they haven't considerd bike riders

Icey
23-07-06, 06:49 PM
I haven't see any of this on the roads?

Wouldn't make any difference anyway - Chippenham's road system is stupid - huge potholes and raise manholes everywhere.

Amante_271
24-07-06, 06:32 AM
I presume they are putting it down as alot of the roads are melting and its an attempt to stop it getting worse! They use that well known contractors.... Slapiton & Bodgeitup!

evilkeneval
24-07-06, 06:16 PM
some ares of houseing areas in chippenham have been done but it's mostly all the back roads

Icey
24-07-06, 06:28 PM
I haven't see it - but then I haven't really been out ;D

Carsick
24-07-06, 08:54 PM
and out on the country lanes we've also got all the rubbish that gets washed off the raised banks when it was raining. Always fun to find a huge patch of sand on a sharp corner.

Carsick
25-07-06, 01:22 PM
Oh, and an extra warning. On the roundabout just outside Avebury, there's a huge patch of sand and rubbish in the left hand lane of the road coming from Avebury. I didn't spot it in time (poor obs) but i definitely felt it as I went sideways coming onto the roundabout.

b_1_rd
25-07-06, 01:37 PM
The B4069 around Sutton Benger to Kingston Langley has not long been resurfaced, but the loose gravel they have used as the top layer has now become a major hazard and can be found in big piles normally just as you exit a corner, so make sure your on a wide line following the car tyre tracks or you'll be riding over a beach!

R1chie
25-07-06, 01:41 PM
The B4069 around Sutton Benger to Kingston Langley has not long been resurfaced, but the loose gravel they have used as the top layer has now become a major hazard and can be found in big piles normally just as you exit a corner, so make sure your on a wide line following the car tyre tracks or you'll be riding over a beach!

used to love going along that road..............will have to be more careful now

evilkeneval
25-07-06, 09:18 PM
i used to like that road, did my bike test with a guy in lynham so it was the frist road i went down with a full licence. it seems to be getting bummpier everytime i go down there too!