PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP INSURANCE!!

Amante_271
25-07-06, 12:40 PM
I need to get some CHEAP fire & theft insurance for my Gpx250 while I get it back to MOT standard and its stored in the garage. Any surgestions??

Also how old does a bike have to be before the road tax is free??

HC8
25-07-06, 12:45 PM
I need to get some CHEAP fire & theft insurance for my Gpx250 while I get it back to MOT standard and its stored in the garage. Any surgestions??

Its not progressive anymore, I think (and i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong) its anything registered before 1973 or thereabouts. Check dvla website for further details

Dabz
25-07-06, 12:48 PM
www.insurance2000.co.uk insured me for £140 this year on a 1200 so yours should be cheaper from them

Guy
25-07-06, 12:49 PM
can the jap owners club give you a good deal if you join you can get really good rates for insurance

desmojen
25-07-06, 12:55 PM
I'm sure my insurance company do laid up fire and theft cover, might be just what you need!

MC Edwards - http://www.mceinsurance.com/

evilkeneval
25-07-06, 09:25 PM
i'm hc8 is right about the tax

ginguar
26-07-06, 10:56 AM
I go with ebike as they were the cheapest for me. £92 for the year :)

Nokesy
26-07-06, 11:04 AM
I go with ebike as they were the cheapest for me. £92 for the year :)

Blimey - that's cheap! I've got same bike, we passed our test about the same time and I pay £170!! :'( I'm with the wrong company! Mind you, I found it really hard to find anyone who would insure me before I passed my test so that I could learn on it. Will change next year!!

ladyhonda
26-07-06, 05:06 PM

Have you tried Ebike Insurance

b_1_rd
26-07-06, 05:12 PM
I'd try ebike if I were you! They seem to be popular! :P

I'm with A-Quote (http://www.aquote.co.uk/aq.asp). Not sure about off road / storage / laid up insurance though!

HC8
26-07-06, 09:22 PM

Personally I wouldn't bother with insurance just yet, especially stored in the garage, even if you did have insurance and it got nicked i bet your excess would be about what you paid for the bike!!

I'd get a big lock and a big stick, will even lend you a big dog if you want one ;D