PDA

View Full Version : Scottoiler

Rod
29-07-06, 02:25 PM
:-[ Excuse my ignorance, but what dose one look like, how does it work, and why does it get so many good reviews ? Thanks...........Rod

R1chie
29-07-06, 02:45 PM
:-[ Excuse my ignorance, but what dose one look like

http://www.scottoiler.co.uk/default.asp

how does it work

works by letting a controlled amount of lube to flow onto the chain

A total arse to set up, and if you don't get the correct flow.........too much oil+tyres= pain

and why does it get so many good reviews ?

saves lazy peoples chains from rusting up. But if you do lots of mileage all year round its probably a good buy. Also try loobman

Rod
29-07-06, 04:01 PM
Thanks, all understood now :)

Dabz
29-07-06, 05:37 PM
apparently your chain can last for up to 10k miles longer with one. i've had one on both bandits - not that difficult toset up, paul manages it in about 30 mins now

Rod
29-07-06, 06:00 PM
Thanks, I Will get one when I get a Superglide ;)

evilkeneval
29-07-06, 09:43 PM
Do those things go wrong often? Dont like the thought that if it does you could end up in a tree or somthing!
Does anyone have one to rate, cause i tend to forget to lub the chain quite often :-?

Dabz
30-07-06, 09:58 AM
you can adjust the rate of flow so when it's hot just turn it right down as the oil will be thinner...in the winter when there's lots of salt i turn it right up. you can soon tell when it's set too high because you'll get flicks on the tyre wall, so just turn it down a bit. I'm too lazy to lube a chain so it's perfect for me :P

Snowy
30-07-06, 08:20 PM
Best thing to do is buy a BMW.

b_1_rd
30-07-06, 08:25 PM
Best thing to do is buy a BMW.

and if that's not a warning to you to lube your chain, nothing is. ;)

Snowy
30-07-06, 08:36 PM
;D ;D Us Beemer owners do need to keep it a rather select group I suppose.