PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some Gloves.

Icey
30-07-06, 08:25 PM
Hi All,

Due to my broken finger, I would like some new gloves with a bit more protection on the finger area, budget is £50.

Can anyone recommend me some from personal experience?

Much Appreciated

Icey

:-* :-*

blurbiker247
30-07-06, 09:22 PM
How about a pair like Sir Lance-a-lot had ;D sorry could'nt resist, :-* :-*

desmojen
30-07-06, 09:51 PM
Alpinestars GP plus, pricey but brilliant!
Might look a bit silly on the custom though! lol :)

Jen.

mike
30-07-06, 09:56 PM
GP plus are what I use as well. Got mine off ebay for about £60, almost new. Akito make some quite good gloves, maybe not as designer chic as Astars, but my Carbonrace ones lasted well, and used to be a Ride Best Buy. Ride tested loads of summer gloves last month, and none were that good! Manufacturer's seem more interested in looks than purpose. The GP Plus came second, behind BKS (I think) at £350/pair...

Icey
31-07-06, 01:25 PM
I have Akito boots - which I find superb.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Jen - I look silly enough already in a bright orange jacket, so gloves wouldn't bother me.

Blue - I'll be getting you back for that comment! :( :P

blurbiker247
31-07-06, 01:40 PM
;D ;D thats better sounds a bit more like your old self :-* :-*

HC8
31-07-06, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

Due to my broken finger, I would like some new gloves with a bit more protection on the finger area, budget is £50.

Can anyone recommend me some from personal experience?

Much Appreciated

Icey

:-* :-*

hi icey,

hope your feeling better, I used Rayven coz they were recommended by couriers in a bike mag years ago (i hate having cold hands) website http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/rayven/Gloves.htm

rgds
kaz

Foo
31-07-06, 06:23 PM
Frank Thomas do some good race gloves with all the usual protection which ain't a bad price either

Steev
31-07-06, 11:24 PM
Actually I must second that Foo, My FT gloves stood up pretty well in my off, a dam site better than the suit I can tell you. My hands and fingers still hurt a ****ing lot but there is no skin missing and they almost held together. I must say when you come off at the speed I did, common sence does not prevail as I was actually trying to stop my slide by grabing the road (its a natural instinct). It is testemount to my gloves that I havent got stumps for fingers, and will actually keep all of my nails.

They could have been better, but they didnt fail me, and for the price (about £60) thet are cheap at twice the price.

If you take an impact your bones will break and no glove will stop that unless they are made of steel. But for abrasion resistance I cant fault them.

Steev

blurbiker247
02-08-06, 03:18 PM
:) I've got Icey, you'll never hurt your hands agian on a bike :)

OVEN GLOVES ;D ;D

grabs tin hat and runs for the hills :P :P

Icey
02-08-06, 03:19 PM
Blue - You better watch it - I'm coming to get you tonight!!!

:-*

blurbiker247
02-08-06, 03:22 PM
O I spos with one hand tied behind yer back :P :P you don't scare me babe,....................

Do you feel lucky punk,......well do yer ;D ;D ;) :-*

Icey
02-08-06, 03:23 PM
Oooo your really asking for it :o

:-*

blurbiker247
02-08-06, 03:24 PM
:P ;) :-*
you know I love yer really :-*

Icey
02-08-06, 03:26 PM
Yeah - you've asked me to marry you on countless number of occasions now ;)

blurbiker247
02-08-06, 03:29 PM
I'll marry anyone that likes cleaning bikes AND can cook :)