PDA

View Full Version : Just had my first off

Icey
29-07-06, 08:23 PM
Ouch - You'll have to excuse me, I'm still in shock.

Basically my bike was running out of fuel - so I went to pull over in a layby to have a rest and put myself on to reserve, I wasn't too far away, I must have come too fast into the layby which was a ****e mix of hard concerete and gravel, I lost it and the bike fell on it's side with me on it, I was so shocked and dazed that I couldn't move - I was so lucky that the car that was behind me saw me and turned around a pulled over and helped me pick the bike up and sit with me - and also lent me the use of there phone - as I'd left the house without mine.

I now feel extremely sad, and to be honest I was more worried about my bike & leathers than myself. I'm off to A&E in a minute as I have an extremely painful sausage finger. Apart from that just a few bumps bruises and aches.

Bike is bumped :( Dent in the tank - smooshed left hand indicator and lots of scuffs down the left hand side :'( My poor Mork.

The hardest bit was riding home with just one finger on my right hand, but I didnt want to leave my bike, I don't really know how I managed to get home as I feel numb and sore, but I did.

Big Thank you to the family that stopped - if it wasn't for them I'd still be laying on the layby sobbing my heart out.

Oh, and it was opposite a pub - and guess what - they all stared out the window and no ****er came and helped.

Icey

mike
29-07-06, 08:27 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you mend quick. You're right to go & get yourself checked out. Bike can be easily mended. We're all more important than the bikes!

R1chie
29-07-06, 08:50 PM
must be something in the air today

b_1_rd
29-07-06, 08:54 PM
Geez, not another one. Will you lot stop falling off please! Get well soon!

evilkeneval
29-07-06, 09:09 PM
sorry to hear that, hope eveythings fine with your finger. stupid gravel! >:(

Icey
29-07-06, 11:50 PM
Well - I've just come back from RUH, as Chippenham X-ray was broken (joy).

I have broked my finger - and I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. Was wicked bad x-ray.

What an eventful evening, I'm now very hungry - and still very sore.

Ho hum.

Icey
29-07-06, 11:55 PM
Thanks for your kind words :)

Amante_271
30-07-06, 12:50 AM
Hi Sweetheart! So sorry to hear the news! :( I know it such a cliche but if i can help let me know! Hope the finger gets better soon!

Take care,

Andrew

Icey
30-07-06, 07:17 AM
I've just got up - couldn't sleep - my knees are so sore - my finger too - wasn't able to get painkillers last night as everywhere was shut.

If anyone knows where I can get parts second hand - that would be a great help.

Icey
30-07-06, 07:32 AM
Funniest thing is - I broke my right hand 4th finger - but I fell on my left side.

Amante_271
30-07-06, 07:39 AM
Ive heard theres a breakers in Wotton Bassett, but apart from having a business card with a name (Gary Crook - Hmm! ::)) and a number (07916 149507) I have no further details on them. It might be worth a shot or ofcourse theres Flee-bay!!

Icey
30-07-06, 07:41 AM
Checked on Fleabay straight away last night - there was someone breaking one a few weeks ago - but theres nothing at the moment.

Thanks for the phone number - I'll give him a ring during the week! :)

desmojen
30-07-06, 08:37 AM
Glad you're ok Ice, one to chalk up to experience eh! Repeat after me, 'don't brake on gravel' 100 times! ;)

I see you're only in Chippenham so if you're struggling with anything on the bike, don't hesitate to get in touch and ask for help.
I broke a finger once, so I feel your pain babes, I bet you're right handed too!

Jen.

Icey
30-07-06, 08:39 AM
Nope - I'm left handed :D Yay! I was lucky in that respect!! Still doesn't help doing much really tho, I'm s truggling with most things! Damn!

It's more like 'Don't stop on poor laybys'.

Grrr! :)

HC8
30-07-06, 09:16 AM
Omg Icey, :o get better soon. Its really annoying when that happens.
I'll keep a look out for spares as a mate breaks 125's

kaz

Icey
30-07-06, 09:18 AM
Thank you so much!

So far it looks like all I need is a front left hand indicator. Tank has an indicator dent in - which would be nice to replace - but probably expensive - and the badge on the left side needs replacing, and also if the front mudguard is scuffed.

I'll check it over later to make sure theres nothing else.

My new lids all scratched too :'( Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

Dabz
30-07-06, 09:53 AM
really didn't wanna be reading a thread like this on a sunny sunday morning! luckily there's not too much damage done to you or the bike though. which pub was it? can't believe that a pub can be so full of arrogant t**ts that not one would come and help

Icey
30-07-06, 09:55 AM
Think it was called the Wagon & Horses.

I feel sad - its sunny and I can't go and ride!

Foo
30-07-06, 10:17 AM
ouch Icey, hope your on the mend soon. I'll keep an eye out for the spares.

ladyhonda
30-07-06, 11:23 AM
Hope you heal quick Ice...Dunno bout you but when I had my 1st off I was so embarrased even though it wasn't my fault just wanted to get up and away from the onlookers but some silly plonker had called the ambulance which was about 200 yards away it came flying out of the station siren going and flashing lights ...all I had was a grazed arm...but 2 weeks down the line I started to get pains in my neck and shoulders turns out I did a bit more damage then what I thought ..attending physio now so if you start getting any discomfort get it checked out I also landed on my left side

Take care

Bridget

GixerBoy
30-07-06, 11:36 AM
Hope you and your bike get well soon. :)

Icey
30-07-06, 11:40 AM
Thanks again :D

RVFBabe
30-07-06, 01:05 PM
sorry to hear this Icey. I know it's boring, but plenty of rest is good :)

Hope your finger heals ok

re: people not helping

Similar thing happened to me years ago where I was following other half (he was in the car) and we'd just picked up our Thundercat from it's service. Got to a crossroads but had to stop, Scott had already gone. I needed to do a hill start and turn left, not enough revs and toppled over. I managed to get myself out from under the bike and a van was behind, took one look and drove off >:(

There was no way I could pick the bike up by myself, Scott took a while to realise I wasn't following him so eventually turned round, but by the time he arrived a friendly biker turned up and checked I was ok. Took both of them to stand it up!! :)

I was so embarrassed and more concerned about the bike too! It was before we had crash bungs fitted so had knackered the indicator which in turn cracked the fairing :(

Oh well, Scott promptly wrote in off a few months later and we got a nice shiney new one ;D That's another story :)

Rod
30-07-06, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear your news, hope all works out ok, thinking of you....Rod

Rod
30-07-06, 03:12 PM
Look on the bright side, when I had my first off it was 3 months in hospital led flat on my back, broken leg, hip, pelvis and tail bone alaong with a wood branch stuck in my cheek....All my own fault

Icey
30-07-06, 04:54 PM
Yeah I was really lucky - mainly down to the fact I was wearing proper gear :)

Thanks for the best wishes.

Just been to fowlers to look at gloves - nothing took my fancy tho, so instead I bought some lube and bar ends ;D :)

blurbiker247
30-07-06, 05:26 PM
Hi mate just got home after Jessi's BBQ, First I see GB and Steve and then this, bloody hell who's next!
real shame about your bike but at least your not too bad, bad enough but still walking, let me know if I can be of any help mate :-* :-*

Snowy
30-07-06, 09:55 PM
Get well soon Icey - and keep posting.

evilkeneval
31-07-06, 12:20 AM
My 1st was on a 50cc moped when i was 16, it was on gravel on a backroad doing about 20mph, I was wearing jeans and a buffallo jacket, no supprise that the jeans didn't even manage to stay together causing gravel to get into a nicly cut knee. When i 1st started riding i was led to belive they would be good enough should i fall off!

My 2nd was as a moped rider for dominos, it was mid winter in derry hill and very icey. upon seeing the address (with the person looking out the window) i pulled in lost the front end and slid down the road outside his house! He felt sorry for me and gave me i nice tip...."Dont ride in the ice!" >:(grrr

R1chie
31-07-06, 12:40 AM
My 2nd was as a moped rider for dominos, it was mid winter in derry hill and very icey. upon seeing the address (with the person looking out the window) i pulled in lost the front end and slid down the road outside his house! He felt sorry for me and gave me i nice tip...."Dont ride in the ice!" >:(grrr

was the pizza ok though? ;)

evilkeneval
31-07-06, 12:43 AM
Diddn't look, i don't think he was to concerned. It was hot and on time! Thouse cub 90's are lethel!

2up
31-07-06, 07:14 AM
Unlucky or wot. You will have to chat to B.B. You can compare hurting bits!!!
Hope you feel better soon.

Icey
31-07-06, 09:05 AM
Thanks.

I swear I feel worse and worse every morning I get up, new parts of me start to hurt and are bruised. :(

Carsick
31-07-06, 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear that. It's all too easily done on loose surfaces.
You should have seen the front end slides I had while crossing a field last weekend. The track consisted of straw dust mixed with dirt, so was about as insubstantial as it gets.

b_1_rd
31-07-06, 06:12 PM
Thanks.

I swear I feel worse and worse every morning I get up, new parts of me start to hurt and are bruised. :(

Tell Chris to stop beating you up then, while your asleep! ;)

Icey
02-08-06, 02:17 PM
Just got back from my first appointment at the fracture clinc, nothing really to report - had another picture taken - woo! Hoping to get to keep one of them when I've been discharged :)

Got to go back again next Wednesday - and then again in 3 weeks. Booooo! Sucks arse!

Sinz1000K3
02-08-06, 05:53 PM
Good to hear your ok Icey, good excuse to get ya bloke to do everything for you while recovering:P

Dabz
02-08-06, 06:11 PM
a pic would be cool, we could start a new WB Injuries gallery :P

Icey
02-08-06, 10:12 PM
Nowt to take a picture of really :P If I can keep my x-rays I'll try and get a piccie :P

I got to go Pillion on Mikes ZX6 tonight which was wicked :D