PDA

View Full Version : The Ring

Shaun
17-08-06, 06:07 PM
Just thought I would drop you all a few lines about my recent trip to the Nurburgring ;D

I was out there for a week and managed to do about 25 laps, a track day at the GP circuit (Only£50) and some great road miles on the excellent German roads in that area.

The first lap was the scariest thing I have ever done!, the cars are so fast, a mini van past me within 100yds of the start. I found out later it was a bit trick.

I managed to get a CD of my 10th lap at just over 10 mins, with the best lap being slightly under 10mins. I was told you need at least 50 laps in before you can claim to know the track. Lots of long fast straights, blind crests and tight bends and fast cars to contend with.

Stayed at Sliders Guest House which I can definately recommend. If you haven't been, it's somthing to add to the list.

Shaun

Stu
17-08-06, 06:12 PM
Glad to see you enjoyed yourself I keep meaning to go again haven't been for about 6 years now! Well over due. Plus I want a video of me doing it!!

You didn't fly around a corner like we did to see a f%$£ing BUS doing about 30mph! That's scary

Shaun
17-08-06, 06:15 PM
There were a few buses out there on the Sunday, one slid off and hit the barrier. Very embarassing for the driver, he must have saw the Ring taxi showboating and thought I'll have a bit of that.

He actually closed the ring so I assume he would be charged for it ?

Icey
17-08-06, 06:24 PM
Sounds awesome :)

Never trust a mini ;)

Any pictures?

Shaun
17-08-06, 08:06 PM
Yep, but I'm not the most computer literate person in the world. I'll ask my 9 year old in a bit

Dabz
17-08-06, 09:47 PM
always wanted to do it in the car!

evilkeneval
18-08-06, 11:52 AM
something i've always wanted to try! Sounds fun :D

Sinz1000K3
19-08-06, 01:41 PM
I've done it in a car..o..the ring..yea, looks like good fun!:D