PDA

View Full Version : Achin' elbows

Rod
16-08-06, 12:32 PM
:( After long rides i get a real ache in my elbows, Just wondering if anyone else gets problems. I heard some people get it in their wrists, I guess it depends on the type of bike you ride, mine is more the crusier sytle. But hey, theres no cure for old age ;D

Icey
16-08-06, 12:59 PM
I get aching in my knees every so often. Since I had my off I've had aching knees constantly tho.

Can't say I've had aching in the elbows, and mines cruiser.

b_1_rd
16-08-06, 01:08 PM
Why do they call them Cruisers? More like battleships aren't they ;)

Dabz
16-08-06, 01:34 PM
I get pins and needles in my right hand every time I ride, just on the thumb and forefinger - it's very very annoying! waiting to see if it still happens on the new bike though - it may be the way I'm sitting

Rod
16-08-06, 05:29 PM

Battleships go faster :( even with the anchor down ;D

Rod
16-08-06, 05:31 PM
I get pins and needles in my right hand every time I ride, just on the thumb and forefinger

This will end up in the muppet forum ;D

ONFIRE
16-08-06, 06:34 PM
I get pins and needles in my right hand every time I ride, just on the thumb and forefinger - it's very very annoying! waiting to see if it still happens on the new bike though - it may be the way I'm sitting

Relax - don't hold on so tight ;)

HC8
16-08-06, 08:29 PM
:( After long rides i get a real ache in my elbows, Just wondering if anyone else gets problems. I heard some people get it in their wrists, I guess it depends on the type of bike you ride, mine is more the crusier sytle. But hey, theres no cure for old age ;D

Wuss ;D

Try putting wider handlebars on your cruiser. I changed mine from standard to XLX bars which they use in the 883 series in the states and its much easier, feels a bit odd at first, but the leverage increases threefold.

bazzashazza
16-08-06, 09:59 PM
i get back ache, shoulder ache, butt ache.... it goes on but i wouldn't wanna give u a head ache ;)

Rod
17-08-06, 11:41 AM
Thanks HC, All noted about the bars, Mines only a 250, so I am thinking about keeping it untill next spring and then getting a Harley, if the kids havn't spent all the money I want a Super Glyde or Soft tail but will probally end up with a Sportster. I have had a look at a couple and I think the bars make the bike look right, I am not a lover of thoes straight bars on high risers....Cheers ....Rod

HC8
17-08-06, 11:47 AM

they aren't the only boats around either are they bird? ;) ;D

ONFIRE
17-08-06, 12:05 PM

Disagree more like Tugs. apparently thats the only way to get them to corner ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ouch! :o

evilkeneval
17-08-06, 12:47 PM
I don't get any achces or pains really, when i got a pillion i sometimes get pins and needles in my right hand though

Rod
21-08-06, 11:03 AM
All Noted From Harleychick about the bars, as the Bike is gone now, I have a new one, I still want to change the bars, mine are wider and straighter on higher risers, but I want to change them to the ones like I had on the Raptor, which are standard on some Harley models although I do not know what they are called...... 8-) It has to look good as well ;D

mike
21-08-06, 01:06 PM
How about sticking some clip-ons on it, would certainly look different ;D ;D

ONFIRE
21-08-06, 03:35 PM
I Know a good massure :P :P
;D ;D ;D ;D