PDA

View Full Version : just joined the forum and this!

cmjkeegan
21-08-06, 10:09 PM
Hello everyone.

Riding through Avebury today, opened it up on the exit of a corner and suddenly the neutral light comes on and all the power just goes straight through the back wheel, nearly binned it with it snaking all over the place but managed to keep it together.

Look at the pics and you can see how far I went with oil spewing all over the back wheel, I'm thinking clutch? What do you guys reckon.

Anyway, funny thing is before I went out I was on here reading the RAC or AA breakdown cover forum thinking "yeah I'll go with the RAC when I get back" what a nightmare, 1 hour later and I'm shelling out £150 for a pickup!

Funny though eh? Things like this just make me laugh, until I get the bill though I guess, just changed the oil and filter too which was a waste of time.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone, if your going through that way put some flowers down by a big patch of oil, a clutch passed away there.

Not pi**ed off yet, but I will be when I wake up :) !

K

R1chie
21-08-06, 10:14 PM
moved this to the proper section mate

bad news about the pride and joy............is it under any warranty?

cmjkeegan
21-08-06, 10:17 PM
no worries... i'm new you know.

yeah i'm 90% sure it has warranty, find out tomorrow! thing is it was running for about 20secs with oil spewing out of it, but it sounded ok :-?

It's just a pain in the arse really, got to muck about getting it sorted etc!

K

BB
21-08-06, 10:27 PM
Glad to hear you kept it shiny side up!

Lets hope the warrenty covers it and you get sorted and back on the road soon.

BB

cmjkeegan
21-08-06, 10:29 PM
yeah i'm just on here for symapathy!

:)

K

evilkeneval
21-08-06, 11:48 PM
I had a similer problem only i was going quite fast!. One of the oil cooler pipes burst! quite expensive job! >:(

Amante_271
22-08-06, 08:28 AM
You sure it was ONLY oil on the rear tyre?? It can be VERY scarey when that happens!!

Hope you get it sorted out ok!

Dabz
22-08-06, 08:55 AM
sorry to hear that mate, but least it stayed upright!

cmjkeegan
22-08-06, 10:07 AM
You sure it was ONLY oil on the rear tyre?? It can be VERY scarey when that happens!!

Hope you get it sorted out ok!

Ha, yeah well I couldn't tell with all the oil but my leathers are dry so thats proof enough :)

I'm covered for the parts too so all rejoice hurrah! ;)

All the boring people in the office are giving it the "you're an idiot" & "bikes are dangerous" routine, pft I say! It's not like there was anything I could have done.

K

Icey
22-08-06, 10:10 AM
I got the same speech from my mum ;D :)

Glad your okay and manage to keep it up :D

Dabz
22-08-06, 10:15 AM
everyone I meet says "bikes are dangerous" "i know someone who died or was paralized"...it's standard non-biker talk hehe

evilkeneval
22-08-06, 11:05 AM
I get that a lot! :D

Amante_271
22-08-06, 04:45 PM
My Mum BANNED my Mrs from letting me get another bike so she said at the Calne Bikes meet "**** it! Go for it!!" When I said Id seen a bike for sale!!!

Got to love her for that!!! :-* :) :-*

:P To Mum!!

cmjkeegan
24-08-06, 02:24 PM
Turns out the chain came off the front sprocket and snapped the clutch rod, so new chain, sprockets, clutch rod & labour is a mere £312. Could be worse I guess, I could have binned it!

C

Dabz
24-08-06, 02:32 PM
weird, was the chain too lose then or did a tooth on the sprocket snap off?

cmjkeegan
24-08-06, 02:37 PM
Thats a good question, and one that I will have to find the answer to. I am always wary of my chain being in good nick and being at the right tension, so I'm surprised it happened at all to be honest.

evilkeneval
24-08-06, 11:57 PM
comes down to s**t luck i think! I hope the warrenty covers it :)