PDA

View Full Version : New Bike...

cmjkeegan
25-08-06, 11:11 AM
Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting a new bike cos I need to change everything I own every six months - it's an expensive habit!

Anyway as some of you might know I currently ride an SV650s (VTwin obviously) I was thinking about two bikes:

The ZX6R & the GSXR 750, A mate of mine has the GSX1000 so I'm gonna have a butchers at that in a week or so, I've heard really good things about the ZX6R being nothing short of superb though.

My concern is that I've only ever ridden a VTwin, call me vague if you want but whats the riding difference between that and an inline four, keeping the revs higher etc is the obvious one.... I asked someone before and they said "why don't you just get the SV1000s" which wasn't really much help!

Am I making any sense? :)

Cheers

K

Icey
25-08-06, 11:29 AM
If you ask Mikey nicely he might let you have a go of his ZX6R :)

Dabz
25-08-06, 11:37 AM
*waits for gixerboy and richie to see this thread*

I'd test ride both, see what suits you best :)

Stu
25-08-06, 11:55 AM
My personal choice is the gsxr but as Dabz says it's personal taste and test them both! Riding positions etc are personal things. What suits one may not suit another!

Scott_W
25-08-06, 01:00 PM
I'd be biased if I said Gixer! ;) However, it is a cracking bike and as the others have said, the only way you can tell which bike suits you best is to test ride them both.

ONFIRE
25-08-06, 01:06 PM
I agree if you're going for Jap bikes Gixers they are all good, down to personal preferance.

Remember you gotta be able to ride them! :-?

Rider or Bike ;) :-/

;D ;D ;D ;D

cmjkeegan
25-08-06, 01:54 PM
Yeah I hear ya!

It may have to go on hold though, I have just had to shell out £460 odd for repairs cos the RAC are refusing to pay out because it was a drive shaft failure.

I would rather donated that money to Wiltshire Bikers I really would!!

If I see any RAC representatives today im gonna bully them to death!

So annoyed, I'm gonna cheer myself up and go into Swindon to see some ZX6's and Gixers.

Ahhh!

Stu
25-08-06, 01:58 PM
Your a braver man than me if you try and bully my step dad who works for the RAC!

R1chie
25-08-06, 02:40 PM
*waits for gixerboy and richie to see this thread*

I'd test ride both, see what suits you best :)

I don't know what you are trying to suggest Dabz!!

ZX6R

nice black one for sale at hayballs at the minute

but if you are thinking about buying used, then i know of plenty for sale (new C1/C6 6r's plus the earlier and better model....the B1!!)

cmjkeegan
25-08-06, 02:48 PM
so you reckon a gixer 750 then? :)

I'm not sure 'bout new/used. Finance will probably mean used.... I'll have to see.. need to research the old models by the look of it....

K

R1chie
25-08-06, 02:56 PM
used dealer or used private?

for example...........used private

Bike: ZX636
Year: 2005 55plate
Model: C1H
Colour: Titanium
Miles: under 4k
Offers over £4k

Bike~

DataTool System 3
Ackro Full System
Power commander
K&N Filter
Hell Brake Lines Front & Rear
Carbon Fibre Mudguard
Carbon Exhaust Heat Sheild
ZX6r Logo DB Screen
Sprint Damper
Single Seat Cowl & Normal seat with a Slide on carbon cover
R&G Crash Bungs
R&G Swing Arm Bobbins

All OE Parts still kept..

Exhaust
Link Pipe
Headers
Screen
Mudguard

http://www.636kwackers.co.uk/donny%20pics/mybaby.jpg

R1chie
25-08-06, 03:04 PM
or...............

used private B2

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R B2H
Full Kawasaki service history
Both original keys
'05 Plate
2700 miles
Datatool system 4 red with fob on key which is very smart
Datatag upgrade kit
Single seat cowl and original rear seat pad
R&G Tail tidy and 7" x 5" plate
R&G Crash bungs
R&G Bar ends
Small indicators all round
Renthal soft race grips
Carbon can company Carbon exhaust
Sprint steering damper
HEL Braided lines
EBC HH pads
MRA Dark double bubble screen
2006 ZX10R rear spring
Pirelli Diablo's

he wants £4k for it, but you'll probably get it cheaper.

picture 'ere http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/richie653/Roadoffsideresized.jpg

plenty out there, it's all about finding the bike that suits you the best.........even if it is a gixer ;)

evilkeneval
26-08-06, 12:57 AM
both very low mileage! they must have spent longer mod'ing them than riding! :-?

Keegan, you can take mine for a bledge if ya want, i'm sure that'll help ;)

b_1_rd
26-08-06, 07:20 AM
Bledge

This term for the chav orginiated in Newport, South Wales (U.K.) and was based on "chavs" who weren't rich enough to purchase the burberry, they tend to wear tracksuits with the bottoms tucked into their socks. Usually with bad teeth and a vocabulary all of their own.

"I need to go over to AllSports and get a new pair of trainers for the gym..."

"...don't go there all the bledges are harassing the clerk for free reebok jackets."

:-?

cmjkeegan
26-08-06, 08:07 PM
Keegan, you can take mine for a bledge if ya want, i'm sure that'll help ;)

Thanks bud, that's very kind of you, I'm quite keen on having a poke around too. I actually had a look at some ZX6's today in Swindon, but there is only so much faffing around you can do without getting on peoples nerves. (they were in a showroom!)

I miss my bike right now, getting it back Wednesday earliest, may be later :(

Hey ninja, thanks for the pic, that B2 looks pretty sweet, pretty much what I'm looking for. I need to call some debts in methinks, If I can't get it together i'm gonna have to go through a dealer on finance....again! I need to sort something out cos I've hit the limits of my SV, need to get something with a little more grunt :)

Oh and I love the word "bledge" it sounds like the mix between being punched in the face and some kind of homeboy/chav appraisal! :D

K

evilkeneval
27-08-06, 05:50 PM
if you up for it we'll go for a ride on sunday then? :)

3/9/2006

cmjkeegan
27-08-06, 07:02 PM
yep defo.

I'll post it on ride-outs section when I think of where to go etc.

K