PDA

View Full Version : pure hate of MCN

mouth
29-08-06, 08:17 PM
does anyone else here really not like the way mcn reports things, i currently dont ride but still love bikes, i really think mcn is the biker equivalent of NME(new music express) it expresses views in a very arrogant and nieve way! i love to know other peoples views on the subject!!!!!

Icey
29-08-06, 08:18 PM
Andy??!?!?!?!

Add me to msn you mofo ;)

ChantelleT
29-08-06, 08:20 PM
i'd much prefer my copy of HEAT magazine anyday lol.

cmjkeegan
29-08-06, 08:27 PM
Hmm, I'd say I don't like it but it can be OK sometimes.

I remember back a few months ago they did an article on bike locks that were easy to crack/pick and basically supplied a diagram showing how to do it.

I thought that was just plain silly!

K

mike
29-08-06, 08:27 PM
Most of the bike press want to sell advertising to bike makers, and seem to do complete u turns on some bikes. The newest shiniest bike is a 'must have' and when it's a year old it's suddenly crap as something shinier & brighter has come along. Take the 1050 Speed Triple, they all loved it last year, then this year some of them suddenly say the brakes are crap etc etc.
They need constant new things to promote (pretty much like most consumer items) so anything over 2 weeks old is obselete. Take PCs & mobile phones, they are the extreme, but some of the bike press treat bikes like this.
MCN isn't one of my favourites, as they are pretty 'tabloidie' but not really worse than some of the others IMHO. RIDE seems to be a more sensible mag, and MC Sport & Leisure.

Stu
29-08-06, 09:20 PM
They are pants for reviews but most bike mags are as said before they are all for sponsorship and who will give them the best bike for long termers etc. Though I get it every week - habit have done for last 15 years+ I rarely read bike reviews just rthe other crap...why do I get it again??

BouncingBunny
29-08-06, 09:45 PM
MCN? I havn't read it in years. I don't bother with any other bike mags either (well not on a regular basis) they are all the same I find,promoting the items that they get most advertising revenue from.Some have good riding tips and routes in them from time to time but I find the best way to pick up tips on riding and what equipment is best on the market is to ask other bikers.They genrally have nothing to gain by pushing one particular item and have first hand experiance. Damn good promotion for forums if you ask me ;D

evilkeneval
29-08-06, 11:36 PM
i'm really not botherd! 8-)

R1chie
30-08-06, 12:34 AM
don't buy MCN as i find it a big heap of scare mongering crap. Shame really as they have a market niche in a weekly biker read, but i can't get my head around the fact that they seem to try and scare bikers away from riding as opposed to get out there and biking. camera's this...camera's that......computer chips this....computer chips that......exhaust is too loud....everyone hates us etc etc

Don't buy any other mags at the mo.......they all contradict each other. If i had to buy a mag though it would be Performance Bikes

MeanGreen
30-08-06, 01:23 AM
I dont buy it often but I do read it. ::)

It may have a lot of scare in it but thats because its reporting what the general public, and government agencys think of bikers.

It usually incudes what the plans are for us unruly, degenerate, unlawful, incesteral, bike riding hooligans require to calm us into the world of the law abiding car driver.

Plus the sport section is quite good.

Well thats my rant over with and NO, i dont own a car........... and they aint gunna make me!

Dabz
30-08-06, 08:34 AM
I'm confused, does a yes vote mean I like it or dislike it lol? :P

Amante_271
30-08-06, 08:49 AM
I'm confused, does a yes vote mean I like it or dislike it lol? :P
The answer is simple... er ..... YES!! :-/ :-?

Dabz
30-08-06, 09:54 AM
lol thanks :P