PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

Rod
23-08-06, 11:34 AM
The mirror on the Hog is as much use as a cup of tea in the rain, all I can see in it is my arm ;D
I need a pair of traditional oblong mirrors with a decent length stem. The internet isn't much use as I need to see them and the shops I have been to don't have much of a selection any suggestions ? Rod

evilkeneval
23-08-06, 11:39 AM
lose your arms! ;D
I get the same problem on my bike. i have to move my arm to see behind me. you can get away with putting longer mirror arms on that can't you?

HC8
23-08-06, 01:05 PM
The mirror on the Hog is as much use as a cup of tea in the rain, all I can see in it is my arm ;D
I need a pair of traditional oblong mirrors with a decent length stem. The internet isn't much use as I need to see them and the shops I have been to don't have much of a selection any suggestions ? Rod

In the words of the prophets Rod - Tough!

Joys of having a Harley! Vibrations! Especially a sporty as their engines aren't rubber mounted like the 1340's are. Maybe with your bike already being customised the mirror was chosen for looks not usefulness. My left hand mirror snapped off in the pyrenees a while ago and I never replaced it.

I use a standard right hand mirror and its fine even holding 90mph. I'm very surprised Burnout can't help? :o

btw Dock Gate 20 is pants!

ChantelleT
23-08-06, 02:43 PM
make a pillion face the other way on the bike and tell them to shout if any hazzards appear. ???? just a suggestion :P

ONFIRE
23-08-06, 05:22 PM

You need one of these Rod... :P

http://www.datagem.freeserve.co.uk/rearview/reevu.gif

mike
23-08-06, 07:09 PM
Hein Gericke may do some better ones for cruisers. If they vibrate too much, you can stick a wheel balancing weight on to reduce it.

Rod
24-08-06, 12:45 PM
make a pillion face the other way on the bike and tell them to shout if any hazzards appear. ???? just a suggestion :P

absolutely magic ;D

evilkeneval
25-08-06, 12:00 AM
I've got a mate thats agreed to try this mothod, will let you know if it works!! :D

Amante_271
25-08-06, 07:59 AM
I've got a mate thats agreed to try this mothod, will let you know if it works!! :D
Main ones to watch out for are the white cars/vans with the blue &red flashing lights making a hell of a racket!! ;D

cmjkeegan
25-08-06, 11:02 AM
Yeah i have to move my arms too, but I just live with it.

Rod - I love your sig.... two screws left over, always the way eh.

:)

evilkeneval
25-08-06, 11:08 AM
does the law state which was a pillion must face?? :-?

Tommy
25-08-06, 11:11 AM
I have the same problem mate but mine are built into the fairing so am going to have a look at a bar end mirror! there are a few about and can look good if small some nice custom ones around

Rod
28-08-06, 12:51 PM
Rod - I love your sig.... two screws left over, always the way eh.

:)

;D Thats not funny, there is always something left over ! ;)

I got some mirrors , but the 1200 isn't rubber mounted, so the vibration hypnotises you when you look in them ;D

blurbiker247
28-08-06, 12:55 PM
see you all laugh at my beamer, but the mirrors are brilliant :P

sits back waits for the wise cracks about needed to be able to see who's trying to pass :P

Amante_271
30-08-06, 09:24 AM
Why Blue? They have already gone and are coming up to lap you!!!

Sinz1000K3
30-08-06, 05:17 PM
Why Blue? They have already gone and are coming up to lap you!!!

Says the car driver:D

ONFIRE
30-08-06, 06:10 PM
see you all laugh at my beamer, but the mirrors are brilliant :P

sits back waits for the wise cracks about needed to be able to see who's trying to pass :P

Don't spend my time looking in the Mirrors, I know I already look good 8-)
;)