PDA

View Full Version : DOES YOUR CHILD GO PILLION?

busababe
30-08-06, 02:41 PM
PLEASE CHECK OUT - http://lysley.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=711
IT IS SELF EXPLANATORY .
PERHAPS YOU HAVE SOME CLOTHING YOU NO LONGER USE ?

ANY FEEDBACK/ INPUT WILL BE MOST WELCOME- I WLL BE POSTING SOME LEAFLETS AROUND THE LYSLEY BIKE MEET AND ON THE NOTICEBOARD. HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE THIS KIDS CLOTHING NETWORK A SUCCESS.
THANKS FOR LOOKING. :)

HC8
30-08-06, 02:48 PM
Hiya,

What a brilliant idea :)

My daughter has been going pillion for a few years now (she's currently nearly 13) and I wouldn't let her on a bike until she had proper gear!

I bought some of her clothing from Hein Gericke, they apparantly do a scheme whereby you can get a discount on future purchases and some from baby biker who at the time did a similar scheme - their stuff does have growing room built in. Its still been expensive though. I bought her brand new DM;s from an army surplus shop (and she grew out of them on the double quick) now she can wear mine. Her helmet was brand new too - luckily more and more manufacturers are doing small sizes now.

How about instead of giving it away, in which case some ppl will end up giving more than most, you do some sort of thrift/2nd hand shop whereby ppl can sell their items and what they receive can go towards another item - or the thrift keeps a percentage and the parents can sell their items outright.

kaz

busababe
30-08-06, 06:56 PM
I hope I didn't imply that people had to give it away -wasn't my intention. I have set up an area on the Lysley site for buying and selling - or giveaway- or swap?? ( if thats what people want to do) http://lysley.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=712.
But will also try and set up something at the Lysley pub itself - we may be able to operate something on the lines that you have suggested. Will depend on whether anyone participates or not.
Thanks for your input

Sinz1000K3
30-08-06, 09:37 PM
Mines only 23months old..cant quite hang on yet..give her a few more months:D

evilkeneval
30-08-06, 09:40 PM
mines only12 weeks! i'm sure i can find a way!! :D :P

Amante_271
31-08-06, 07:33 AM
Top box?

b_1_rd
31-08-06, 10:58 AM
As soon as I think my kids are old enough and strong enough I'll be aftersome kit for them. Thanks for the link busababe, it's now firmly placed in 'favorites'. :)

evilkeneval
31-08-06, 11:02 AM
Top box?
not a bad idea, where do you get on for a zx6r?

b_1_rd
31-08-06, 11:06 AM
I think there is a time and a place for humorous comments guys and IMHO, I don't think this is it! >:(

evilkeneval
31-08-06, 11:12 AM
:-X

b_1_rd
31-08-06, 11:25 AM
;)

Just where kids safety is involved I get a bit twitchy! :D

evilkeneval
31-08-06, 11:28 AM
coould install a seat belt!

unfortuantly her mother feels the same way! So she doesn't want her to go near the bike till she's 16!

HC8
31-08-06, 01:08 PM
Top box?

Years ago a swedish chiropractor told me that in Sweden you can get cradles that fit on your bike tank for the baby to go in - dunno how safe tho :-/

rex_the_sprocket
31-08-06, 01:22 PM
Took my 12 year old for a blat around the local roads but was told by my sensible and significant other half that it would be the one and only time.

I accept the risks of riding a bike and that I may get hurt for something that was not my fault, but rightly so I could not handle a situation where my son/daughter got hurt on the bike. Even if you are only toddling along there are plenty of pheasants/deer/car drivers/oil slicks/etc in this part of the country that are out to get yer. Shame really cos my daughter absolutely loved going on the bike......

My neighbour is a surgeon and he refers to bikers as organ donors...............12 is a bit young to be an organ donor in my opinion. However this is only my opinion and I do not necessarily condone others taking kids on bikes.......its their kids and their decision.

Sinz1000K3
31-08-06, 03:31 PM
I've been on the back of my dad's bikes since i was 9, rememebr when he got one of the first ZX10's..was awesome in its day :)

BouncingBunny
31-08-06, 03:33 PM
I'm with you on that one sprocket,I'm only prepared to accept responsability for my own saftey. Another reason I refuse to take any pillion ( I don't like guilt )Each to their own though.