PDA

View Full Version : tax

evilkeneval
30-08-06, 11:03 AM
£62 for a year! when will it stop going up!!! >:(

Dabz
30-08-06, 11:05 AM
rubbish isn't it :( My new bike unexpectedly has tax til May which is cool - only realised as the sale burd was giving directions to the post office to go buy some!

b_1_rd
30-08-06, 11:40 AM
A whole £5 a month! Bet most spend more on beer a week!

evilkeneval
30-08-06, 12:12 PM
£5 a mounth to gravel our damn roads and not fill in pot holes!

great!!!! nice to know where my moneys going!! >:(

BouncingBunny
02-09-06, 01:21 AM
My brother-in-law made an interesting comment today, he said that he thinks next year his bike becomes tax exempt :o Not sure what year it is but it's definatly not as old as my bike. I've heard of cars being Tax exempt but thats only pre 1973 cars I think. I have heard that some bikes are tax exempt,(same ruling there I think)Can anybody enlighten me as to the ruling on this? because if I've payed out for tax when I didn't need to I'm gonna be well pissed >:(

evilkeneval
02-09-06, 01:43 AM
they wont let you pay it if you don't owe it. it'll say on the sorn document :)

BouncingBunny
02-09-06, 01:46 AM
yea, thats pretty much what I thought, but when he came out with that comment I just had to check ;D

evilkeneval
02-09-06, 01:56 AM
it used to be that all cars and bikes over a certain age would be come tax excempt, but they scrapped that rulling a few years back cause there were too many old cars about still on the road!

Snowy
02-09-06, 10:15 AM
I was still under the impression that pre-'73 bikes are exempt. I looked into this sometime ago for my old Honda which isn't quite old enough. Could be wrong though as I have not heard about them scapping it.

Stu
02-09-06, 10:18 AM
no they haven't scrapped it it'll be corrected on the puta when it's eligable

Rod
02-09-06, 12:09 PM
My tax went from £31 to £62 when I changed from a 250 to a 1200, Double >:(
but my insurance only went up £15:03 about 15% !!!! ;D

BB
02-09-06, 03:18 PM
Old bikes and cars are tax exempt. It was on a rolling year but they stopped it after a couple of years, probably when they realised how much money they were losing. I believe it is pre 72 or 73 but I may be wrong.

You still have to go through the motions of presenting everything at the post office and displaying a valid tax disc, it just say 'historic vehicle' instead of a price. I think they had a skewed idea that if you have an old vehicle you were not gonna use it much - they were very much mistaken!

BB

Toecutter
03-09-06, 08:54 PM
Tax should be void for bikes as there is very little road damage (yes I know that the revenue helps with street lights etc) but what I pay a year for my GSXR1000 takes the piss!!!!!!!
:(

Amante_271
03-09-06, 10:42 PM
Old Chestnut but if they scrapped it completely and put it on fuel people wouldnt be able to dodge it and those people who did the most damage/miles would pay the most! It would then be a fair tax(?)!

Also it would (in theory) may (some) people use more eco-friendly vehicles rather than gas guzzlers!

Im now off to hug a tree! PEACE MAN!!!

evilkeneval
04-09-06, 01:29 AM
Old Chestnut but if they scrapped it completely and put it on fuel people wouldnt be able to dodge it and those people who did the most damage/miles would pay the most! It would then be a fair tax(?)!

Also it would (in theory) may (some) people use more eco-friendly vehicles rather than gas guzzlers!

Im now off to hug a tree! PEACE MAN!!!
it's good idea in thoeroy. there thinking of introducing more toll roads too! :-? :-/

Snowy
04-09-06, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with the tax if our roads were more biker friendly. In other european countries I have driven in the number of manhole or similar covers in the middle of the road is far less than here. In America the authorities have to put them in safer places for fear of being sued. Gravel is another problem we have with the poor verge maintenance we have outside of the towns and cities.

evilkeneval
04-09-06, 09:50 AM
i couldn't agree more with you there, it like they don't care about us bikers :-[