PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lucky?

R1chie
07-09-06, 10:19 AM
This bloke was obviously was..........

news article here>>> http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=200174&command=displayConte nt&sourceNode=200173&home=yes&more_nodeId1=133168& contentPK=15352740

video here>>>> http://content.thisis.co.uk/south/plymouth/eveningherald/motorcycleRTC.mpg

Stay safe out there peeps

evilkeneval
07-09-06, 10:34 AM
amazing that he escaped with minor injeries! :-?

BB
07-09-06, 10:40 AM
He sure was lucky - just not his time to go!

ONFIRE
07-09-06, 12:52 PM
This is someones analogy of the incident!

The motorcyclist is in the wrong, he should of slowed down on the near side lane not the outside lane.

He saw tha accident on the other side of the road and his mind was taken off his road position he foolishly cut
across the lane to get to the lay-by as quick as possible to report the accident but caused another !!!!!

Case solved . .

Good point about body armour though.

Also noticed that the car that went into the motorcycle was displaying it's hazard warning lights prior
to the collision with the motorcycle which would suggest that the driver of this car was aware that
vehicles were slowing down in and around this lay-by and the driver was trying to warn other road users!
in conclusion I would suggest that the car driver was more aware and focussed than the rider of the motorcyle
who was clearly distracted by the accident on the other side of the road which he was so desperate to report.

BouncingBunny
07-09-06, 10:06 PM
I just sat and watched that video, that was one lucky escape. I dunno who made the analogy of that accident but they couldn't have seen the same clip I did! Looked to me like the biker was slowing down in the left hand lane to me, and while the car that hit the mtorcycle had the hazard lights going the veichles in front of the motorcyclist didn't!

blurbiker247
07-09-06, 10:25 PM
looks to me likr the car driver was rubberneckin and did'nt see the bike coz he was looking at the hard shoulder.

Sinz1000K3
08-09-06, 08:47 AM
Looked to me like a RTA.