PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Salisbury

nicko600
20-09-06, 06:01 PM
The front page of the Salisbury Journal last week had a story concerning a woman who was issued a parking ticket for parking in a bike bay in Salt Lane car park (bikes can park for free). The reason was staying over the allotted time of 5 hours (the maximum a car can stay). This time restriction was not advertised on the sign that states bikes are free. She was also informed that commercial activities in the car park are also in contravention of the rules (she had a 'for sale' notice on her bike). I have since found out you are not allowed to picnic in the car parks either!!! and a myriad of other rules. So if you are planning to park in Salisbury I would advise you to try to find any restrictions in place (difficult if they are not publicised) before you also fall foul of the 'traffic ambassadors'.

Sinz1000K3
20-09-06, 06:13 PM
Funky:)

blurbiker247
20-09-06, 08:40 PM
Best place to park is in Cathedral Close, its free for bikes and right opposite the gaurdsmen hut so safe too.

evilkeneval
20-09-06, 11:31 PM
i got told to move my bike or but a ticket in marlbough :-/

blurbiker247
21-09-06, 05:20 AM
I was told the same, I told them every time I leave a ticket on my bike someone takes it!!!!

b_1_rd
21-09-06, 08:16 AM
Exactly. Tell them you bougt a ticket, some cager nicked it, offer to buy another and if they insists you do then it costs no more than what it should have done on the first place anyway. :D

Rod
21-09-06, 06:55 PM
:( Well, what do you expect in Salisbury, I have been riding arround it for 30 years and it ain't changed, :-/ If it's daft then it's in Salisbury. Good to know about the close though