PDA

View Full Version : so what's everyone up to?

Dabz
21-09-06, 12:54 PM
seems to have been a bit quiet round here lately so thought I'd see what everyone's been up to? Have you been out on any good rides lately?

I've been watching my bike get more and more dusty as we have builders in at home :( Took it over to BB's on Monday (I think she approves) and had a bit of a blast on the way home - still getting used to using all the revs hehe

Not sure if I'll get down to poole on tuesday, I'm hoping to get over to Lysley on Monday so might see a few people there :)

BB
21-09-06, 01:07 PM
I did approve, Dabz. A lovely bike, really neat - if a little dusty! ;D

BB

Scott_W
21-09-06, 01:20 PM
Well today I'm working from home as the car is in for a service. So come 5 o'clock or similar tonight I'll be broke as I need to get some new front tyres for the car as well (which I knew about before it went in for a service).

The joys of travelling the country for sales! If only people were buying now rather than early next year!

silver
21-09-06, 02:02 PM
I'm off to Matlock Bath on Saturday and coming back on Monday............all on me 125!!!!!

Going with the 125 Biker Club...................About 30 of us.

Should be great fun....going on to the Snake Pass/Cat and Fiddle Run when we get there.......if my sore arse will let me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver x :)

Rod
21-09-06, 06:50 PM
Hi, Very busy at work, but did go on a run around the New Forest at the weekend, trouble with the 30 / 40 limits it's hard to get out of 2nd or 3rd gear on the Hog :( , to be honest it was more fun on the 250 Raptor, but hey, it's good out of the villages... ;)

Snowy
22-09-06, 12:13 AM
Bikes still sitting at repairers - there's a problem getting the fairing panels from BMW delaying everything. I spoke with them earlier in the week and they have agreed to fit everything else, return the bike and send on the fairing stuff later. They should have started work on this today (thursday) so I should get the bike back next week sometime albeit with scratches.

Been tinkering with the old CB900F - needs a few new o-rings for the carbs, a couple of valve shims, new fork seals/stanchion, chain & sprockets and tyres. Then it could be my rat bike and annoy the neighbours. It does make a lovely noise!

Amante_271
22-09-06, 07:32 AM
Work, work and more Fnerkin work!! Off shortly to spend 3 days fundraising at the wonderous Membury Service Station on the M4!! Yippee ****ing doo!! At least I should raise £250 - 300 a day!! :)

Currently demating moral dilema over weather to take a not 100% road legal bike to the pink meet! ::) Just to prove Ive got one!!

Sinz1000K3
22-09-06, 09:26 AM
Not alot really:)

ginguar
22-09-06, 05:58 PM
I've been on honeymoon then working so haven't been out on the bike much. Also, my tyres have become slightly unroadworthy so the bike has been in the garage for a few days. Am really pleased though new set of tyres, sorted the idling problem and did the valve clearances for £167. Steve Lynham rawks!

Tommy
11-10-06, 11:11 AM
No bikeing for me till Feb!!! sob sob have had to leave the yellow perill behind while serving Queen and country in Bosnia! some of the roads here would be two wheel awsome if you dont mind a run off into a minefield! lol

BB
11-10-06, 01:58 PM
Keep in touch if you can Tommy, take care and keep out the minefields. Look forward to seeing you in Feb.

BB :-*

Tommy
12-10-06, 02:45 PM
Thanks BB Love the new bike!

ONFIRE
12-10-06, 04:43 PM
Bit of retail therapy bought a new Landrover TD4 couple weeks ago. And in process of buying another apartment.

Now I am broke :'( But happy :o :o
8-)

Snowy
12-10-06, 11:28 PM
Got my bike back today - yay!! Few gremlins to get sorted but it's so nice to be back in the saddle again.

hippychick
13-10-06, 07:11 AM
well babyblade and i have decided to meet up with each other so we are off out tonight on the razz in that s...t hot place called swindon.
I gotta be able to put at least one face to a name from this website. Just think we could all be passing each other in the street not even knowing that we are fellow WB. Enjoy your weekend everyone

babyblade069
13-10-06, 09:03 AM
Will see you l8r Hippy,anyone else out tonight on the razzel...

If we had our WB stickers we could wear them!

Maybe we should have some WB Club badges, so the soz members without bikes and stickers could wear badges! Pleeease? [smiley=undecided.gif]

nicko600
13-10-06, 09:35 AM
Off to Gert Bustard rally this weekend at Easterton Sands. Lots of bikes, tents and beer. Weather looks good.

BB
13-10-06, 10:54 AM
Last time I did the Gert Bustard had frost inside the tent! Have fun & stay warm!

BB

nicko600
13-10-06, 11:43 AM
Was that the year the fire gave off sparks and blew across the campsite causing numerous burns in the tents?

BB
13-10-06, 10:07 PM
not sure, I know some well meaning member of the public called out the fire brigade because they thought the bonfire was a barn fire or something! Hope you had a good time!

BB

BB
13-10-06, 10:38 PM
Got my bike back today - yay!! Few gremlins to get sorted but it's so nice to be back in the saddle again.

Brilliant news Graeme, look forward to seeing you soon.

BB