PDA

View Full Version : The Police's Approach to Motorcycle Enforcement

Scott_W
12-10-06, 10:22 AM
I've attached a document to this post that contains information on how the Police should approach/deal with motorcyclists from 2006 to 2008. It is an official document and is a good read and should you get stopped by the Police it might come in handy! ;)

I've pinched this document from another forum so I apologise to any of the other Gixer owners on here who might have seen it already! ;)

Dabz
12-10-06, 11:26 AM
interesting read! thanks :D

Gav
12-10-06, 07:05 PM
Bunch of tossers, talk about picking on an easy target group....
Who wants to bet they will not be doing the same for cars????
They are just trying to get their crime rates up thats all....must have been a slow year for them!

And the bit at the bottom where it says most motorcycle collisions involve riders over the age of 35, have they not had the common sence to think that this can be easily dealt with by enforcing a better training scheme for the born again bikers that had a BSA 900 when they where 17 and figure that now they have the spare cash a 900cc bike now will be the same, then go out and plough it into something!!!!

Rod
12-10-06, 08:56 PM
Interesting..

russ100
12-10-06, 11:27 PM
"Bunch of tossers"

Maybe I was reading something different, but I thought it was aimed at reducing accidents and fatalities by targeting individuals who ride dangerously or flaunt the law. I dont see a problem with it personally. I liked the "a pragmatic approach..." attitude towards some of the topics.

I was out around Stockbridge the other weekend and was stopped by a wpc who was stood at the side of the road with a speed gun. Great! I thought as I pulled into the lay-by.... dark visor, loud can, small but legal number plate...
Turns out she was stopping bikers to advise them of the number of bike deaths on that road - 4 this year. She gave me a couple of dvds and some advanced training leaflets. She mentioned the visor and number plate but didnt really make a big deal of it.
The reason they were targeting bikers is because there is a real problem with biker deaths.

ps If anyone wants to watch the DVDs message me and i'll pass them on "Great roads, great rides" & "A Street, A track an Open Road" presented by Suzi Perry. I thought they were crap but at least it makes you think more about your own riding.

nicko600
13-10-06, 09:37 AM
I'll comment when I have read it all

andy
14-10-06, 07:57 AM
Interested in the bit about number plate size,after being stoped and given a ticket to get a new one,it took her about 5mins to find the offical measuring device in the car so she could tell me the font was 5mm too small!!