PDA

View Full Version : Renewing tax

Rod
17-10-06, 08:18 AM
Did anyone see on TV that if you renew your car or bike tax via the internet it is free, but if you do it by phone, you will be charged premium rates and it's netting them thousands >:(

evilkeneval
17-10-06, 09:07 AM
do it by the internet then! you don't eve have to get of your ass ;D

rex_the_sprocket
17-10-06, 09:44 AM
I renewed mine 2 weeks ago online but I still haven't received the disc in the post..........

Dabz
17-10-06, 10:05 AM
I've been doing car & bike online, soo much easier!

evilkeneval
17-10-06, 10:20 AM
mine cane in 4 days, don't you think you should be chasing that up?

HC8
17-10-06, 10:40 AM
I renewed mine 2 weeks ago online but I still haven't received the disc in the post..........

Frisk the postman!

Mine has taken longer than this in the past to arrive after renewing online, however living in the back of beyond the postal service is never that reliable. I would chase it up, unless there was a hitch processing technically you are still taxed as they have a record of it, my guess is that soon they won't even require us to display tax discs they will 'know'

igbell
17-10-06, 11:21 AM
I have done both cars and bike on line and had no probs. ::)

Rod
20-10-06, 10:53 AM
I did mine Internet, no problem but what annoys me is that they are charging a furtune in phone calls without telling you!!

pete
24-10-06, 07:04 PM
Did mine online on the other Sunday evening, arrived Tuesday morning. Check your bank statement to see if the money's come out, then give them a b£ll I guess...

HC8
24-10-06, 11:49 PM
i did a good one monday went to renew my car and bke tax online only to find my bike mot had run out ages ago - so its a trip to burnout for me fri ;D ;D ;D ;D

igbell
25-10-06, 12:42 PM
Doh......This is why I have a spredsheet with both cars and the bike on it, this gives me the MOT and Tax date, also when I need a service. Nice and handy.

ONFIRE
25-10-06, 01:09 PM
i did a good one monday went to renew my car and bke tax online only to find my bike mot had run out ages ago - so its a trip to burnout for me fri ;D ;D ;D ;D

:-/Thought Tractors are Tax\MOT exempt !;) ;D ;D ;D ;D