PDA

View Full Version : Let's try again...remap booked!

Dabz
08-11-06, 01:29 PM
Last time I didn't ever managed to get this done due to having to work overtime, but the TT's booked in for 11 on Saturday for it's remap :D For those who didn't read the last thread, this is because I've put a race can on so I'm having the fuel injection tweaked a little bit so it's set up properly for the can, which should also give some extra power according to those in the know on the triumph forum

Scott_W
08-11-06, 02:37 PM
Are they mapping it on the dyno or just flashing the ECU with a slightly different map?

BTW, you get my PM the other day?

BB
08-11-06, 05:21 PM
Hope you make it this time then.

Recovered from the 'man-flu'? ;)

BB

Dabz
09-11-06, 12:12 PM
still recovering but hoping to be better by saturday :(

It's just flashing the ecu with a map - triumph have a number of maps for the TT600 depending on which can, what type of can, and other mods you have, and whether you want it set up for fast road, economy, track etc...apparently one of the best thigns you can get triumph to do for you!

Scott_W
09-11-06, 02:21 PM
So which setup will you have - Fast road, economy, etc..?

Dabz
09-11-06, 02:30 PM
I'm gonna take the guy's advice on the day I think, but probably Fast Road which sorts out the fuelling, gives better throttle response and adds some power to mid range from what I've read. Seems the most sensible option as I don't ride a bike for ecomomy, and I don't do track days!

Clarkey34
09-11-06, 04:56 PM
Thats probably the best one to go for, had the same tune put into my Speed Four makes it slightly lumpy low down but improves the mid range.

Dabz
12-11-06, 12:10 PM
well gotta say that's the best money I've ever spent on a bike - it's totally transformed it! I wasn't expecting to notice much difference but it's like riding a different bike. The torque low down is incredible, and it flies up to higher speeds so much faster than before. The lack of torque has been bugging me since going from the bandit which has oddles of the stuff, but now this picks up from very lows revs and keeps pulling hard right up to redline.

In traffic it's a lot happier to poodle along in 2nd and even 3rd where before it was a case of playing with the clutch in 1st and sometimes 2nd.

It's completely restored the grin factor in the bike - I can't get enough of it again :D

BB
12-11-06, 12:35 PM
Brilliant stuff Dabz. Gotta keep the grin factor!!

BB

Scott_W
12-11-06, 04:00 PM
Excellent stuff Dabz! We've just been out on ours and we're grinning from ear to ear as well! You just can't beat biking! :)