PDA

View Full Version : At last........

GixerBoy
13-11-06, 07:22 PM
Well,BB's bike finally went in to day to have its lowering kit fitted!
As you can see from the picture,hardly a kit.......!
After weeks of GW's attempts to source a suitable lowering kit for the FZ1,Gary,the workshop manager at GW's had a one off part made for us.......
Gary is a friend of mine so when he heard that the parts dept couldn't sort one out,he talked to a friend of his who said he would be able to 'knock one up' no probs! (Thanks mate)
So,the new arm is 6mm longer which equates to just over an inch lower at the seat....I can now get both feet on the floor and i've got short legs myself......The side stand was also shortened.
The quality of the replacement arm is as least as good as the original,you'd never know it had been changed.....
The bike also had its 600 mile service,something else that GW's paid for as they've f**ked BB about so much....(The arm was supplied and fitted FOC)
BB will be picking the Beast up from mine next weekend so if you see her out on the road,give her a wave! :)

R1chie
13-11-06, 07:28 PM
all's well that ends well (not applicable to demon tweeks)

Dabz
13-11-06, 08:58 PM
excellent news :D

ChantelleT
13-11-06, 09:06 PM
About time, Have fun!!

Amante_271
14-11-06, 07:23 AM
Looks like a decent piece of kit in the end!

Have fun BB!!

gixerjonny
14-11-06, 06:55 PM
Whens the maiden flight :o

BB
14-11-06, 07:10 PM
Whens the maiden flight :o

Don't you need a maiden for that? :o

Anyway I'm not planning on flying anywhere again after I've been on a bike ride! *

BB

* It has been pointed out to me that I'm being a little obscure here, unless you happen to know I went on a bike ride back in July and ended it with a ride in the air ambulance!

rex_the_sprocket
15-11-06, 07:08 PM
Better hope for a nice clear spell of weather then BB............funny shaped side stand that.