PDA

View Full Version : At last MK II

R1chie
14-11-06, 08:16 PM
As some of you may or may not be aware, I've had a right nightmare with leathers this year.

It all started off in February when I bought a new set of Alpinestars 1 piece leathers from demon tweeks as my old set were feeling their age (plus an off at donny didn't help either). Anyway.......saw a set of SX-1 leathers at a decent reduced price and decided to buy them. Happy days......or so i thought. :D :o

Got the leathers at the start of March and was well happy with them. But after a couple of weeks i noticed that the stitching around the right arm cuff was coming away, and then a month or so after that a small patch appeared on the front of the leathers where the colouring was coming off.

"Only leathers" I thought, they aren't going to stay pristine forever. But another month went past and another patch appeared on the front. Now at this point I began to become unhappy about the situation and emailed demon tweeks to see what could be done about the 'faults'.

Got an email straight back saying that Alpinestars wanted the leathers sent to them so they can repair the suit, a turnaround of 7-10 days!! 2 MONTHS LATER!!.........got the leathers back. the stitching had been done, but one of the patches hadn't been touched and the other one looked like my 4 year old niece had coloured it in with a felt tip.........a wrong coloured blue felt tip at that!!

anyway........more emails sent.......unhappy emails at that. wanted a replacement suit cos obviously they are **** at repairing them. at first alpinestars weren't going to but then they agreed. needed to send mine back first, and then i was told it would be 7-10 days until i got the new set (the 'magical' 7-10 days). 1 MONTH LATER!!!........got a new set of leathers..........unfortunately not the design of leathers i originally had! FFS!!! :(

at this point i was fuming..........i'd missed out on a biking weekend away in wales.........plus was meant to be going to france to the magny-cours WSB meet so i wrote the mother of all emails. 2 hours later 'Luca' from alpinestars was ringing me up. they offered to replace and upgrade my suit to a MX-1 and were dreadfully sorry about the whole issue.

so..........today.........i finally received my new leathers..........just in time for winter! lol its only taken from July 23rd (date of when i sent off my original leathers)

Its been emotional! ::)

weirdo150872
14-11-06, 08:21 PM
As some of you may or may not be aware, I've had a right nightmare with leathers this year.

It all started off in February when I bought a new set of Alpinestars 1 piece leathers from demon tweeks as my old set were feeling their age (plus an off at donny didn't help either). Anyway.......saw a set of SX-1 leathers at a decent reduced price and decided to buy them. Happy days......or so i thought. :D :o

Got the leathers at the start of March and was well happy with them. But after a couple of weeks i noticed that the stitching around the right arm cuff was coming away, and then a month or so after that a small patch appeared on the front of the leathers where the colouring was coming off.

"Only leathers" I thought, they aren't going to stay pristine forever. But another month went past and another patch appeared on the front. Now at this point I began to become unhappy about the situation and emailed demon tweeks to see what could be done about the 'faults'.

Got an email straight back saying that Alpinestars wanted the leathers sent to them so they can repair the suit, a turnaround of 7-10 days!! 2 MONTHS LATER!!.........got the leathers back. the stitching had been done, but one of the patches hadn't been touched and the other one looked like my 4 year old niece had coloured it in with a felt tip.........a wrong coloured blue felt tip at that!!

anyway........more emails sent.......unhappy emails at that. wanted a replacement suit cos obviously they are **** at repairing them. at first alpinestars weren't going to but then they agreed. needed to send mine back first, and then i was told it would be 7-10 days until i got the new set (the 'magical' 7-10 days). 1 MONTH LATER!!!........got a new set of leathers..........unfortunately not the design of leathers i originally had! FFS!!! :(

at this point i was fuming..........i'd missed out on a biking weekend away in wales.........plus was meant to be going to france to the magny-cours WSB meet so i wrote the mother of all emails. 2 hours later 'Luca' from alpinestars was ringing me up. they offered to replace and upgrade my suit to a MX-1 and were dreadfully sorry about the whole issue.

so..........today.........i finally received my new leathers..........just in time for winter! lol its only taken from July 23rd (date of when i sent off my original leathers)

Its been emotional! ::)

Sounds like Section 35 sub-section 2 of the sale of goods act 1979 (revised 1994 + 2003) would have come in handy there. It states 'the goods must be fit for the purpose they were sold and must be of merchantable quality, (which these obviously were not). Retailers love having that quoted at them when things go wrong........ NOT ;)

R1chie
14-11-06, 08:22 PM
could have told me that sooner weirdo! lol

would have saved my summer!

b_1_rd
14-11-06, 09:09 PM
Hope these work out better for you mate. :)

BB
14-11-06, 09:39 PM
Looks like we are both ready for the road just in time for winter!! :D ;)

BB

Dabz
15-11-06, 08:40 AM
glad you've finally got them mate, it's been a struggle! ridiculous really

gixerjonny
15-11-06, 11:29 AM
Just done bin it first time out ;D

rex_the_sprocket
15-11-06, 02:03 PM
Well that'll teach yer to fall off

Tickers rool ok.................

Scott_W
15-11-06, 04:56 PM
Where you going in Australia then Rex?

Sorry to hijack your thread Richie! ;)

GixerBoy
15-11-06, 05:49 PM
You better keep them leathers clean Richie.......If I see that pristine white front panel with even one fly on it........ :o ;D ;)

R1chie
15-11-06, 06:36 PM
will make sure to take a bottle of tippex with me at all times

GixerBoy
15-11-06, 06:53 PM
Lazy fecker! :o ;D ;)

rex_the_sprocket
15-11-06, 07:06 PM
Where you going in Australia then Rex?

Sorry to hijack your thread Richie! ;)
We are off to Melbourne and Sydney - flights are booked for 9th Feb (lovely and warm).

I am filling in the emigration forms to see if I can get us all moved over there before there is a jihad in the UK. The trip in Feb is to get an idea of life in Melbourne (places to live, possible jobs etc) then off to Sydney for some R&R. Got some buddies in Melbourne that can tell us what's what although I have been twice before. We are hoping to get some surfing in while we are over...............

What about you?

Scott_W
15-11-06, 07:55 PM
We fly in to Perth on the 15th April, and from there we go to Brisbane, Sydney, Cairns and a few other places en-route. We are out there for 3 weeks so we're going to get as much R&R in as we can!