PDA

View Full Version : Who's out and about this weekend then?

Dabz
24-11-06, 08:40 AM
seeing as everyone seems to be quiet (probably because the weather's so horrible) I just wondered who's planning on getting out and about this weekend? weather forecast doesn't look too promising this morning, but I'm hoping to get out Saturday morning and Sunday morning for a few hours

kwik
24-11-06, 09:15 AM
Hopefully off for a little blat to Abergavenny Sunday morning, dependant on getting a sitter >:( :)

Scott_W
24-11-06, 04:29 PM
Well, I'm taking Gixer Paul to pick up his new bike tomorrow and by the looks of it, we'll be riding in gale force winds and heavy rain!

Sunday is a no go for us as we've got things planned and I'll be watching the Man U vs Chelsea game at 4pm! :D

BB
24-11-06, 04:46 PM
I was hoping to get out tomorrow - someone has offered to fit the tail tidy to the FZ :-* but I'm not so sure now. Forecast looks bad plus I'm really behind on a couple of other projects that I really must complete this weekend. :(

BB

GixerBoy
24-11-06, 05:17 PM
That tail tidy is a priority goddamit! :o ;D ;)

BB
24-11-06, 05:38 PM
Yes, but I'm dead meat if I don't deliver on another project! :o It's the old 'knock on' effect, something else will go belly up if I don't complete. :( :'(

BB

GixerBoy
24-11-06, 06:03 PM
Working at the weekend...Tut tut........ ::) :'(

BB
24-11-06, 06:26 PM
Not 'work' work, but something else with a deadline that has already passed! :-[ :'(

BB

kwik
24-11-06, 06:48 PM
What bike is that BB?

I'm supposed to be writing my dissertation, structuring another essay plus doing paperwork from my last placement as well as trying to cope with my rebellious teenage son. But the weather is good on Sunday, my bike is in the garage so bollox to it all I say :D 8-)

marcmywordz
24-11-06, 07:12 PM
Got a trip to Taylors @ chippenham for the 1st service Sat pm.........then its full throttle all the way home!!!!!!............well more likely to be slow riding in gale force winds with a p**s*d off look on my face....

BB
24-11-06, 07:56 PM
What bike is that BB?

I'm supposed to be writing my dissertation, structuring another essay plus doing paperwork from my last placement as well as trying to cope with my rebellious teenage son. But the weather is good on Sunday, my bike is in the garage so bollox to it all I say :D 8-)

I know the feeling Kwik. GB has offered to fit the tail tidy to the FZ1, which means going up to Swindon. I'm supposed to be doing the magazine for another bike club I belong to and if I say it is October's issue you will see my problem! I need to get it finished, printed, round up the newsletter team and get it collated,etc, & posted etc all by Sunday or Monday night. Also I have to go to a Classic bike Memorial Trial on Sunday down at West Harptree... Lets hope I don't get roped into observing - I'll try to claim ill health...lol!

BB

GixerBoy
24-11-06, 07:59 PM
What its like to be wanted eh BB...... ::) ;)

BB
24-11-06, 08:04 PM
Could do with being a little less wanted all on the same weekend! :P But then, some of it is self inflicted... ::)

BB

GixerBoy
24-11-06, 08:05 PM
I've seen three different weather reports for tomorrow so......... :-/

BB
24-11-06, 08:07 PM
I've seen three different weather reports for tomorrow so......... :-/

Good, bad or indifferent? :-?

BB

GixerBoy
24-11-06, 08:09 PM
Uh,all of the above......... :o ;)

BB
24-11-06, 08:21 PM
Just checked 3 sites, I'm hoping for the BBC one!

BB

GixerBoy
24-11-06, 08:23 PM
Me too! 8-)

kwik
24-11-06, 08:48 PM
FZ1, niiiiiice! Your w/end sounds more interesting than mine ;) I also go by BBC, gave up with metcheck.

If you're into classic bikes, you may like this site (he's the dad of one of my bike mates):
http://www.delboysbritishbikes.com/index.html

BB
24-11-06, 08:57 PM
Its a lovely bike to ride but I'm still not 100% fit so struggle a bit in traffic & manouvering it about. Still plenty of work to do in the gym!

Thanks for the link, I'll have a browse of that site when I've got this bleeding mag out the way!

BB

kwik
24-11-06, 09:01 PM
Its a lovely bike to ride but I'm still not 100% fit so struggle a bit in traffic & manouvering it about. Still plenty of work to do in the gym!

Thanks for the link, I'll have a browse of that site when I've got this bleeding mag out the way!

BB
;D

I wouldn't bother with the forums on that site, been spammed big time by the looks of things ... dunno why he's let it get like that.

Have a productive day tomorrow!

BB
24-11-06, 09:04 PM
Cheers, I'm planning on it but I'm also trying to get as much done tonight as I can, keep hopping on here for a break while I'm printing! :P

BB

jj
25-11-06, 08:48 AM
trying to get out on sunday but depends on the weather

Dabz
25-11-06, 09:28 AM
Got a trip to Taylors @ chippenham for the 1st service Sat pm.........then its full throttle all the way home!!!!!!............well more likely to be slow riding in gale force winds with a p**s*d off look on my face....

I'm off to taylors this afternoon too, about 12.30 :P not on the bike mind you as Lisa won't come on the back in the wet hehe

Still hoping to get out for a while tomorrow!

kwik
25-11-06, 09:39 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=4042

I know that's Bristol but wouldn't accept Wiltshire, although Chippenham/Swindon etc were the same.
However, it's dull and overcast here at the mo dammit >:(

Dabz
25-11-06, 09:43 AM
raining hard here...but meant to be sunny!

Rod
25-11-06, 10:05 AM
Working every day until Christmas :(, I would take the Hog if the weather was good, but it's not >:(

R1chie
25-11-06, 11:38 AM
was hoping to test the new leathers this weekend.............. but it obviously isn't going to be today judging by the weather down here

marcmywordz
25-11-06, 06:28 PM
Did the Taylors run.......and the weather was with me....left at 12.30 as the rain stopped!!.....Taylors at 2pm after a little bimble about....then left Taylors at 3.30 for a proper ride home again ( bike now run in and 1st service over)...and no rain at all!!!.....how lucky was I ?.......

GixerBoy
25-11-06, 06:35 PM
That was lucky then Marc........Throttle against the stop now then?? :o :D ;)

marcmywordz
25-11-06, 08:43 PM
:) before service face
;D after service face

Dabz
26-11-06, 10:12 AM
well the roads are still wet and it looks like it might start raining but I'm gonna be hardcore :P think I'll shoot up to chippenham, out towards bristol on the A420 then back down the batheaston bypass and back up to bradford :) bet I get wet lol

jj
26-11-06, 10:16 AM
very brave would need a wet suit just to get to the bike

Dabz
26-11-06, 10:19 AM
it's gotten a LOT cloudier since I put my leathers on...I must be daft. expect to see pics of a dirty bike posted in a couple hours hehe

kwik
26-11-06, 10:19 AM
Glorious sunshine here ... being in a village however, means lots of leaves and wet roads. May just bimble up and down the ring road for an hour :D

Although it looks like it's gonna be Wales ...

jj
26-11-06, 10:31 AM
could do with getting out only done 1000 miles in 6 months but dont think it will happen today

Dabz
26-11-06, 11:56 AM
well I managed a 50 mile round trip, the roads aren't that bad once you get on the major ones. The nice bends on the A420 were a bit slippy but other than that I was really giving it some and you wouldn't know it was wet. Just got back and hosed down the bike, leathers are clean still somehow, boots a little bit dirty. Really glad I went, that bike is amazing since the remap!

BB
26-11-06, 02:17 PM
Just got back from watching a classic bike trial up on the Mendips. Glorious sunshine, excellent butty van, loads of mud and water & very slippy to walk round. Managed to get sprayed with mud by one of the competitors - good job I didn't get his number... :D A good entertaining morning. :)

BB

marcmywordz
26-11-06, 03:20 PM
I reckon the sun must always shine on the rightous!!!....just got back from an hours ride.....Had to wash the Gisser tho'......still gives me a chance to cuddle it without looking too silly....

kwik
26-11-06, 04:30 PM
Just got in from Aber. My, those roads were nasty but I have to do them to get my confidence up. The bike was superb, apart from the gravel I hit. I know it was just probably a tiny little 'step-out' but I felt like I imitated Rossi :-[
Still, my bike looks hard-core and filthy now ;D

Some of the bigger roads were fine though, lots of friendly bikers around :)