PDA

View Full Version : Fog City Hyper Optik

nicko600
29-11-06, 04:33 PM
I have just bought a fog city hyper optik and contained within the instructions is the disclaimer "This product is not recommended for use at night", this was not clear on the outside of the packet. Has anyone else used one and is there a significant issue with night riding as I don't want to fit it then find out that I can't see? If this is the case then I would rather take it back and purchase the clear one.

GixerBoy
29-11-06, 04:50 PM
Nick,from what I've read about them,people are still carrying a clear visor and insert with them if they think that they're gonna get caught out in the dark.....

nicko600
29-11-06, 07:54 PM
I e-mailed RiDE mag as they had reviewed it and said how good it was, this is the reply:-

Hello.
Thanks for the question. Don't worry. I've used three different Hyper
Optiks on three different lids in the last five years and five
winters in all weathers, day and night without any problem at all.
The insert turns yellow in dull light and if anything seems to
intensify dull light with no detrimental effects at night at all.
I'm not one given to ridiculous and glowing testimonials but if
someone had to ask me what the best (and best value) product for year
round riders that I'd ever used was, I'd the hyper optik, no question.
And before you ask, no, I'm not sponsored - RiDE doesn't do that sort
of thing, it's almost a sackable offence in our office. They are just
that good.

Steve Rose
Editor
RiDE

Might give it a go and let you all know.

b_1_rd
30-11-06, 04:41 PM
I've got one Nick and its fine at night. The tint is not enough to make it an issue, and infact helps stop glare from lights. It's a light green colour normally and in bright light turns to a blue. I like it and think it is worth the extra over the standard Fogcity. :)

GixerBoy
30-11-06, 06:03 PM
I know nothing........ :'( (Use Pinlock myself.....)

goggomobil300
04-12-06, 10:52 PM
I bought a new Shoei XR-1000 this time last year and forked out for a Hyper Optik at the same time, on recommendation from a friend who had used them for years.

I ride everyday, in all conditions, including commuting at night. Absolutely no problems in the last 12 months and I would recommend one to anyone.

I'm not paid by Fog City either :)

nicko600
05-12-06, 06:01 PM
Been using it over the past several days - no misting, just like it says on the tin. :) Tried it last night and visibility was alright although the drizzle did seem to glare up the oncoming headlights.