PDA

View Full Version : Lap timer...

GixerBoy
13-12-06, 05:15 PM
Early crimbo present.....To myself! :o :D

BB
13-12-06, 05:27 PM
Ah, but have you got the software to be able to use it yet? ;)

BB

Gav
13-12-06, 05:40 PM
Is that one where you place a signal post trackside....
If it is then you wont be able to use it with Focused as they will not let you place them on pit wall....part of their safty thing to stop people using track days as a chance to set up and shave milli seconds from lap times....

If its not that sort then all well and good.

Stu
13-12-06, 05:52 PM
Hottrax have stopped the use of them too

So I noticed today while sorting out for track days in Feb and March

GixerBoy
13-12-06, 06:25 PM
You lot must think I'm stoopid.......ALL track day operators ban the use of lap timers........Yeah,like we all do as we're told right......
As for the beacon issue Gav,99% of tracks have the beacons installed for racing and 99% of the time they are left on........
If not,the beacon that works the timer fits in the palm of your hand so no big deal hiding one somewhere.......

GixerBoy
13-12-06, 07:14 PM
Ah, but have you got the software to be able to use it yet? ;)

BB

Don't need the software to use it BB,just to download lap times to a PC...... :P

Dabz
13-12-06, 07:37 PM
looks good :D I love gadgets!

Gav
13-12-06, 08:48 PM
You lot must think I'm stoopid.......ALL track day operators ban the use of lap timers........Yeah,like we all do as we're told right......
As for the beacon issue Gav,99% of tracks have the beacons installed for racing and 99% of the time they are left on........
If not,the beacon that works the timer fits in the palm of your hand so no big deal hiding one somewhere.......

I geuinely didnt know that most tracks have them installed, suppose it makes sence really!!!! ya learn summin new everyday i guess.

On a different note, well no its not really....why do you need a lap timer? Im not saying that to be funny because i know why they are used and what they do, just curious as to why ya want one.

Iv thought a few times about getting now, just could never think of a good enough reason doing track days to have one.

schwee
13-12-06, 09:22 PM
yup, all the tracks we'vebeen to have had their beacons on.

Good buy ;)

GixerBoy
14-12-06, 08:15 AM
Pretty obvious why I would want one.....To improve.....To go faster.....To be better...... etc etc......

Your have to join us on a trackday next year Schwee...... :)

desmojen
14-12-06, 01:18 PM
If you bought a decent bike you'd already have one fitted you big nancy!

The one I had before that was self contained on the bike so no need for beacons etc. Beacon ones are much more accurate though since you don't have to remember to trigger it! ;D

Jen.

GixerBoy
14-12-06, 01:21 PM
Well at the speed you ride Jen i expect you've got time to trigger it........ :o ;D ;) :-*

Oh,maybe I should mention that i'm planning on converting the Missile to track day use only next year..... :o

desmojen
14-12-06, 06:25 PM
Lol, you do talk a lot of bollocks old spoon! ;D

Did I mention that so was I? ;)

GixerBoy
15-12-06, 08:30 AM
Anything you can do blah blah........ :o :P :-*

desmojen
15-12-06, 03:42 PM
You wish........................ :-*

GixerBoy
15-12-06, 03:46 PM
When I was 10 i wished i was as fast as you....... :o ;D ;) :-*

desmojen
15-12-06, 06:57 PM
;D Tosser! I was crawlin on the floor when you was ten pops! :D

gixerjonny
15-12-06, 09:24 PM
I was still in the bag ;D ;D

GixerBoy
16-12-06, 03:19 PM
You kids......Kick your ass's all over the road 'n' track and still no respec!! :'( :'( :'(