PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the replies

Bondy
16-12-06, 04:44 PM
Hi Bondy here....thanks for the replies.....I finnished up riding to Heytesbury which is near...Warminster....I started off a bit slow....but got on okay and picked up alot on way home...
I have to say my flipping clutch hand was killing me though..
Is it possible to buy a smaller clutch lever?? I am sure there is a way of adjusting the clutch lever.....will have to investigate.....
Any way I am hoping to go with the other club tomorroow who are off to Watchit?
Hey my lad who rides with Yorkshire bikers club is going to the MGM doo at butlins next year is any one going????

BB
16-12-06, 05:00 PM
Heytesbury? My loop went out that way! May have passed you going in the other direction, passed a few bikes out that way all exchanged nods. What do you ride? :)

My clutch hand aches too, but thats a result of an injury! You can certainly get various styles of levers - I'm sure there will be some 'experts' along to advise soon. Have fun at Watchet tomorrow. I have seen the Butlins do advertised, but don't know anyone who is going. Did drift through my mind to go myself! :-/

BB

Bondy
16-12-06, 05:11 PM
Hi......yes did see a few bikes out... all going the other way..I ride a CBR600 red white blue....like the fireblade colours..I took some photos of it today so I will add it to my profile soon...

The MGM doo sounds good....they do a fancy dress ....and hopefully the gang from my sons club will go ..they are a good fun group....but I reckon we will have to book early cos there are chalets to share etc....

I thought it would be good if we could get a few from here....drive to Doncaster where my lad is stop there rest or stop over...then all ride on to the venue.......

BB
16-12-06, 05:18 PM
Can't recall seeing a CBR, I was on Black Beast (FZ1) as pictured left but using a lid and leathers before any smart alecs comment!

If you have a link or details of tha MGM do post it and then people can see it entails and get back to you.

BB

Bondy
16-12-06, 05:21 PM
I was nt looking at the bikes closely or riders....too busy .....concentrating ha ha.....
I wll find out the details of the MGM and post it....

So how comes you arent riding tomorrow then?? why pillion riding??...

Bondy

GixerBoy
16-12-06, 05:21 PM
Hi Bondy here....thanks for the replies.....I finnished up riding to Heytesbury which is near...Warminster....I started off a bit slow....but got on okay and picked up alot on way home...
I have to say my flipping clutch hand was killing me though..
Is it possible to buy a smaller clutch lever?? I am sure there is a way of adjusting the clutch lever.....will have to investigate.....
Any way I am hoping to go with the other club tomorroow who are off to Watchit?
Hey my lad who rides with Yorkshire bikers club is going to the MGM doo at butlins next year is any one going????

These are what you want Bondy,bit pricey but......This is the brake side but they do clutch levers to.....Also in black and silver.....Click on this link to Faster By Design,the importer....http://www.fasterbydesign.co.uk/levers.asp

BB
16-12-06, 05:29 PM
I was nt looking at the bikes closely or riders....too busy .....concentrating ha ha.....
I wll find out the details of the MGM and post it....

So how comes you arent riding tomorrow then?? why pillion riding??...

Bondy

I got someone coming round tomorrow to look at buying a bike so am waiting in. Also been to Watchet in the past...not a lot there! Pillion? Not now I can pull a clutch in again! I presently potter about as still not 100% fit and still learning the FZ1.

BB

Bondy
16-12-06, 05:29 PM
Hey thanks for that........I have e-mailed them....cant wait..shame I have to suffer tomorrow ..ha ha..
Hey nice stoppy by the way........

schwee
16-12-06, 06:21 PM
Bondy, what bike do you ride. I'm going to Watchet tomorrow if this weather holds up. Where abouts are you meeting?

As for the lever, try adjusting it first. It might even be your clutch cable...so many possibilities. We can have a chat tomorrow ;)

schwee
16-12-06, 06:24 PM
Doh, you've already said you ride a CBR..so ignore that bit :)

Bondy
16-12-06, 07:47 PM
Hey is that a piccy of you with your knee down ????flipping heck was going to say...want to meet and ride to west lavington tomorrow ...but you would get bored...ha ha...any way if you do ...give me a bell 07900917540

schwee
17-12-06, 10:12 PM
sorry for not getting this earlier than today but glad you made it to the meet point on time, and also glad we managed to adjust your clutch to allow you to do the whole rideout :)