View Full Version : Sad news

gixerjonny
19-12-06, 07:40 PM
Found this on a other forum

It brings it home when you here sad news like this :(

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/2006/12/rider-killed-on-racetrack/

BB
19-12-06, 09:01 PM
Sure does, GJ, especially on what would have been a good day out, the last run of the day and with medics and everything close by.
An unexpected death is always devastating. **** happens.

BB

Dabz
20-12-06, 08:37 AM
horrible, just shows that you have to be careful on trackdays

Foo
20-12-06, 09:55 PM
Yes, sad news indeed, be careful out there people

Gav
21-12-06, 06:32 PM
Very sad news indeed.
I wonder what implicarions this will have on days with focused from now on?

GixerBoy
21-12-06, 06:55 PM
I was gonna try and use Hottrax as much as I could next year......

Gav
21-12-06, 09:27 PM
IM led to believe that Focused are one of the best to use for time on track, track behavior and organisation.
I have used other companys in the past and not really found any difference tbh so wouldnt know for sure.
But either way this is the 2nd death on a focused day in 3 years....i think they will do something to try and stop it from happening.
those of us that were at silverstone on the last focused one this year all saw what a bunch of twats were out there on track.....
And ity does not seem to be the inexperianced ones causing the problems, its the fast guys either pushing was too hard and being too confident or just having no consideration for others on track....

schwee
21-12-06, 10:24 PM
I don't think these unfortunate accidents have anything to do with the TD organiser. Granted they have a responsibility for removing idiots from the track by keeping an eye on peoples behaviour but they all do the best they can on the day.

We've all heard how strict the briefings are at the start of the day, and even how sh1tty the TD organiser can get after a few offs during the day.

Lets give Focused a break, it could have happened anywhere, with anyone, to anyone.

RIP

GixerBoy
22-12-06, 08:36 AM
I've gotta say that most of the Focus track days that i've attended,there have been problems with idiots on the track.......Do Focus remove then as per their brief.......No,they just threaten everyone with 'we'll make you ride round behind the instructors for the rest of the day'......Yeah,that'll really solve the problem......Do what you say your gonna do,that'll be a start......

ONFIRE
22-12-06, 12:46 PM
'Yep agreed' **** happens goes with the territory for us meer mortals...
8-)

GixerBoy
22-12-06, 05:11 PM
Due to the sensitive nature of this thread,me and Jen have decided to discuss this offline.

Thanks.